Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Program Supervisor
nannasandi 04:30 AM 12-06-2007
I live in Washigton state. I have lots of day care center experiance. Does anyone know what you need to become a Program Supervisor. I cant seem to find the info on the net. Thanks.
Guest 11:23 PM 12-06-2007
This is what I found
https://www.daycare.com/washington/index27.html

The program supervisor shall:

(a) Be twenty-one years of age or older;

(b) Meet the education, experience, and competency qualifications specified under subsection (2)(e), (f), (g), (h), (i), and (j) of this section below; and

(c) Discharge on-site program supervisory duties twenty hours or more a week.

Subsection
2(e) Have completed the following number of college quarter credits or department-approved clock hours in early childhood education/child development, or possess an equivalent educational background, or be a certified child development associate:

(i) In centers licensed for twenty-five or more children, the director shall have completed forty-five or more credits;

(ii) In centers licensed for thir**** through twenty-four children, the director shall have completed twenty-five or more credits;

(iii) In centers licensed for twelve or fewer children, the director shall have completed ten or more credits; and

(iv) In (i), (ii) and (iii) above, one-third of the credits may be clock hours.

(f) Have two or more years successful experience working with children of the same age level as those served by the center as evidenced by professional references and on-the-job performance;

(g) Have planning, coordination, and supervisory skills to implement a high quality, developmentally appropriate program;

(h) Have knowledge of children and how to meet children's needs; and

(i) Have completed one of the following prior to or within the first six months of employment or initial licensure, except as provided in subsection (2)(j) of this section:

(i) Twenty clock hours or two college quarter credits of basic training approved by the Washington state training registry system (STARS); or

(ii) Current child development associate (CDA) or equivalent credential or twelve or more college quarter credits in early childhood education or child development; or

(iii) Associate of arts or AAS or higher college degree in early childhood education or child development.

(j) Directors who are already employed or licensed on the effective date of this rule must complete the training required in WAC 388--150-180 (2)(i) prior to or within twelve months after the effective date of this rule.
Reply Up