Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Switching to one nap? Or what would you suggest?
TwinMama 12:24 PM 09-15-2015
I've got 2 15 month olds and one 18 month old. They still take 2 naps. The 18 month old goes down for both great. In fact, he asks to go "nigh nigh" and stands by the bedroom door.

The two 15 month olds fight it until the end. I usually put them down for their morning nap at 9-9:30 and they sleep until around 11:30 or so great....then in the afternoon it's a fight. I lay them down at 2 or so and they cry. This schedule used to work so slick.

Today the 15 month olds both slept until noon.

Any suggestions?
spinnymarie 12:43 PM 09-15-2015
I usually find that when they start fighting the afternoon nap, they are ready to transition to just one. For the 15m olds, I'd start waking them after 45 m in the morning. They will get used to that, and will sleep in the afternoon again.
Then, when they start acting up again for PM nap, drop the first one all together.
Ariana 12:45 PM 09-15-2015
Definitely try it and see. If they are fighting it, it might be time.
TwinMama 01:08 PM 09-15-2015
Originally Posted by spinnymarie:
I usually find that when they start fighting the afternoon nap, they are ready to transition to just one. For the 15m olds, I'd start waking them after 45 m in the morning. They will get used to that, and will sleep in the afternoon again.
Then, when they start acting up again for PM nap, drop the first one all together.
OMG....this is a way better idea than to keep stretching out when to put them down!!!

I just thought....I'm going to have some ornery kids by lunch time.
renodeb 09:52 AM 09-16-2015
I have found that most kids go to that one nap schedule all on there own. They are more tired while getting used to it but they adjust and then it is so much better. I had this one kid years ago that hung onto that morning nap for what seemed like months. When he finally adjusted I was so happy.
Deb
Reply Up