Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Outside Play Area Help!
Unregistered 05:00 PM 11-18-2016
I have a nice little play area with ride-on toys and a large playset and swings but my kids are getting older and I'm going to start having more school-age kids. What are some good larger equipment things or activities to have outside for that age group? I'm thinking of getting a bunch of scooters and maybe a balance beam and some type of climbing structure. I'm not really sure what to buy, this is new territory for me, my oldest right now is 7. We are looking to move here in the next month and I want to hit the ground running with a nice backyard to attract new clients.
hippiedaycaregal 05:02 PM 11-18-2016
Oops forgot to login this is my thread😆
nothingwithoutjoy 05:12 PM 11-18-2016
My older-kid favorites are:
mud kitchen (beloved by all ages; always most used by all),
hula hoops,
badminton,
sleds,
bikes,
art cart (IKEA Raskog cart full of art supplies we keep in the shed and bring out onto the patio: watercolor paints, markers, pencils, scissors, glue, tape).
finsup 10:10 AM 11-19-2016
The big wooden swings/slides are great...kids love them and it's been a selling point to families enrolling. They're fun, and the cedar looks really nice. But, they are expensive. My son is 5 and loves hockey so goals, sticks, and pucks/balls have been great. It's something both big and little kids like too. Plus the goals are big enough to use for soccer.
hippiedaycaregal 03:56 PM 11-23-2016
Thanks all, I had weekend brain and forgot to respond😆 I'm lucky to have a play structure that was gifted to us it's old but a coat of paint did wonders.
Blackcat31 08:27 PM 11-23-2016
I don't take SA kid ds but I imagine those yard games would be fun.. giant sized Jenga, Yahtzee, bean bag toss. I think most are sold at Target
Reply Up