Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>S/O Snow shoveling: how to find out when it snowed?
legomom922 03:46 AM 02-22-2011
I never marked down what days we shoveled..so I was wondering is there somewhere on line that we can look up our area and see what days we got alot of snow? Taht would give me something to go on.
MARSTELAC 05:50 AM 02-22-2011
YES! Go to Noaa.gov website, go to contacts (on the home page), Go to the heading "Past weather", then click it and find "weather/climate events", then under the heading of Weather/Climate Data/Products, find "US storm events database". Once you get in that section, you can type in your state, county and click on snow and ice events for any period you identify. For example, if you want all of 2010, put in the parameters of 01/01/2010 to 12/31/2010 and it should bring up a list with approximate inches of snow or ice accumulation!!!! Hope this helps. It doesn't take as long as it looks to pull up your information. Good luck! Every little bit helps!
TomCopeland 08:37 AM 02-22-2011
I am constantly amazed at the amount of information at our fingertips.......
MARSTELAC 08:42 AM 02-22-2011
I think you can collect information all the way back to the 50's. Comes in handy for attorneys working on slip and fall cases :-)
legomom922 09:41 AM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by MARSTELAC:
YES! Go to Noaa.gov website, go to contacts (on the home page), Go to the heading "Past weather", then click it and find "weather/climate events", then under the heading of Weather/Climate Data/Products, find "US storm events database". Once you get in that section, you can type in your state, county and click on snow and ice events for any period you identify. For example, if you want all of 2010, put in the parameters of 01/01/2010 to 12/31/2010 and it should bring up a list with approximate inches of snow or ice accumulation!!!! Hope this helps. It doesn't take as long as it looks to pull up your information. Good luck! Every little bit helps!
Thanks for the info! I went to that site and put in everything, except I have one problem........you can search 1950 all the way through Nov 30, 2010...I cant get Dec's info and thats what I was looking for... Any other ideas?? They must be behind in inputting the info, unless I did it wrong...
MARSTELAC 04:10 PM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by legomom922:
Thanks for the info! I went to that site and put in everything, except I have one problem........you can search 1950 all the way through Nov 30, 2010...I cant get Dec's info and thats what I was looking for... Any other ideas?? They must be behind in inputting the info, unless I did it wrong...

Sorry legomom! NOAA is 90-120 days behind in updating most of the time. That was my error telling you records were available through end of 2010. See if your local news station has a weather blog or contact your local news weatherman and see if they can give you the data for December. They might not mind at all.
legomom922 06:05 PM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by MARSTELAC:
Sorry legomom! NOAA is 90-120 days behind in updating most of the time. That was my error telling you records were available through end of 2010. See if your local news station has a weather blog or contact your local news weatherman and see if they can give you the data for December. They might not mind at all.
I did. i'm waiting for a return email. Nothing yet..

anybody know of any other way?
MARSTELAC 06:01 AM 02-23-2011
Did ya hear back yet? I cannot think of anything else other than to go online to your local paper and check their weather data for each day of December. Sorry I am not more help.
legomom922 03:19 PM 02-23-2011
No..guess they thought I was too much work. LOL
Reply Up