Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Got An Email About Twins!!!!!!
momofboys 12:01 PM 06-30-2010
Hi! I just pared down to one family. My situation in the fall will look like this:

My two boys (ages almost 9 & almost 7) will be in school M-F 9-3:00, home off the bus at 3:40 pm

I have my own 2 1/2 yr old DS here at home with me
I will have a 3 year old DCB here M-F 7 am - 4 pm
I will have a B & A DCG here M-F

The e-mail I got was asking about 14 month old twins from a teacher mom. Yikes!!!!! I am interested but not sure if I can handle it. Plus I tend to make promises that I have to backpedal out of (said I would drive kids to school most days, if I have two more toddlers I will not have room. It's important for me to drive my boys to school. I also said I could walk DCG into school on her first few days of K. This would be hard, though not impossible, with 4 toddlers/preschoolers). So no harm in doing the interview, right? See, I was only advertising for ONE opening, not two but it seems like a good opportunity. Going to google the school this lady works at to see what her normal hours would be, lol!
momofboys 05:11 AM 07-04-2010
Originally Posted by janarae:
Hi! I just pared down to one family. My situation in the fall will look like this:

My two boys (ages almost 9 & almost 7) will be in school M-F 9-3:00, home off the bus at 3:40 pm

I have my own 2 1/2 yr old DS here at home with me
I will have a 3 year old DCB here M-F 7 am - 4 pm
I will have a B & A DCG here M-F

The e-mail I got was asking about 14 month old twins from a teacher mom. Yikes!!!!! I am interested but not sure if I can handle it. Plus I tend to make promises that I have to backpedal out of (said I would drive kids to school most days, if I have two more toddlers I will not have room. It's important for me to drive my boys to school. I also said I could walk DCG into school on her first few days of K. This would be hard, though not impossible, with 4 toddlers/preschoolers). So no harm in doing the interview, right? See, I was only advertising for ONE opening, not two but it seems like a good opportunity. Going to google the school this lady works at to see what her normal hours would be, lol!

Update on this. The mom & I contacted back & forth via e-mail for a day or two & then she just stopped communication. I think twins would be too much for me, unless it was just part-time. This mom was wanting me for 4 days & for me I think it would be too time-consuming! Funny thing is after I stopped hearing from her a friend of mine contacted me about twins again for friends of hers who need care for their twin daughters. It's possible I might care for them 2-3 days a week. I think that arrangement would be perfect.
nannyde 09:54 AM 07-04-2010
I've never had twins in my entire career. When I was a school nurse we had one set of triplets. That was cool.

I've had two babies two days apart but from different families. I'm sure there is a science to managing parents of multiples but I don't have a clue about that.

I wouldn't worry about caring for them. I just can't find parents who can afford two here at one time. They might as well have a Nanny. I rarely ever even have sib groups.

I specialize in only children
Unregistered 04:41 AM 07-05-2010
FYI- I have my own twins and and hoping to sort of specialize in twins in my daycare. I would say it would be easier to have twins than 2 singletons from separate families. Usually multiple moms are very organized and have kids on a solid routine. The kids are already used to not having someone's full attention on just them (they have to share mommy) They are used to sharing toys and playing with someone else.- not that they are perfect at this but it is not a new concept to them :-) Lots of more pros also. The biggest con, I guess would be if you lose the family - you'll have 2 spots open.

Just a little insight on twins -hope it might help someone.
momofboys 09:23 AM 07-06-2010
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I've never had twins in my entire career. When I was a school nurse we had one set of triplets. That was cool.

I've had two babies two days apart but from different families. I'm sure there is a science to managing parents of multiples but I don't have a clue about that.

I wouldn't worry about caring for them. I just can't find parents who can afford two here at one time. They might as well have a Nanny. I rarely ever even have sib groups.

I specialize in only children
I am only looking to fill one spot but would consider twins if it was part-time. Problem is no one will call me back. Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be. I think the one mom was willing to work with me on the price b/c she liked the idea of only sending them here 3 or 4 days a week b/c then she would save $$$ (I would charge them per day). A SIL was going to watch them the other day. But I think I waffled it b/c I said I wouldn't compromise on the timeframe to watch them. I only wanted 3 days, she preffered care for 4. Oh well, something else will come along I am sure!
momofboys 09:24 AM 07-06-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
FYI- I have my own twins and and hoping to sort of specialize in twins in my daycare. I would say it would be easier to have twins than 2 singletons from separate families. Usually multiple moms are very organized and have kids on a solid routine. The kids are already used to not having someone's full attention on just them (they have to share mommy) They are used to sharing toys and playing with someone else.- not that they are perfect at this but it is not a new concept to them :-) Lots of more pros also. The biggest con, I guess would be if you lose the family - you'll have 2 spots open.

Just a little insight on twins -hope it might help someone.
I'm sure you are right! This mom seemed very organized.
Tags:age groups, ratio, twins
Reply Up