Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Your DCK's Doing TO a Preschool
DanceMom 08:00 AM 11-15-2010
Do you have dck's that attend a preshcool for 2 or whatever hours a few times a week at an actual school ?

Wondering how they get there and back ? Do you make that the parents problem - they want to send them to preschool they figure it out or does anyone transport 8 kids in a car to just drop off that one or two kids.

Curious how you handle preschoolers...Thanks !
laundrymom 08:12 AM 11-15-2010
I dont transport. If a parent wants to send them topreschool, they are responsible for all transportation.
momofboys 09:19 AM 11-15-2010
I will transport & I am upfront about it but I only have a total of 5 kids in my care at this time (& 3 of them are my own, 2 of which are in school all-day). So after my kids either ride the bus to school or I drive them I only have 2 kids in my care so transporting to preschool would not be a problem. My town is very small & the preschools (all 3 of them) are all within 1-2 miles of my house! So although I do not have anyone who goes to preschool now if a parent signed up who wanted me to transport their child I could do so. Now if I happened to sign up 1-2 more kids (which I would like to do if I could ever get anyone to sign up with me) my own kids would likely have to ride the bus everyday as I only have room for 6 kids total in my van. That would free up more space in my van so I could transport a child to preschool.
Pammie 09:23 AM 11-15-2010
I don't transport - that's the parent's responsibility.

I also don't change my daycare fees - they're still charged for a full-day of daycare.

I offer a full academic preK program here - but what I can't offer is the "classroom" experience that many parents feel that their child needs before starting kindergarten.
Live and Learn 09:27 AM 11-15-2010
I have one child that goes to a preschool 2 days a week in the morn. The parent transports and pays me my regular full day rate.
DCMomOf3 09:31 AM 11-15-2010
My DS and one DCK go to a preschool 2 mornings a week. I transport, i load all the kids in my van, take them all in to the school. Next year I have a friend who offered to bring my DS to school and back with his girl so I won't have to do it again.
kitkat 09:35 AM 11-15-2010
I will transport if I have enough room and it works in our schedule. Rates don't change and mileage is claimed on taxes.
Tags:preschool, provider children
Reply Up