Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Feedback On My Website
jenh171 05:04 AM 01-26-2011
hello comrades! I'm working on my website and I'd love some feedback from you insightful women. I know a lot of child care sites are colorful and active, but I wanted to go with a peaceful feel...that is just more my sensibility. Please let me know what you think, as I'm changing it here and there every day. Thank you!
mshuntershomechildcare.weebly.com
DCMomOf3 05:16 AM 01-26-2011
nice job.

there is one thing that caught my eye. In your statement regarding cancellations you said: "I would very much appreciate payment for their regular hours even if they do not attend." I suggest you re-word it, or take it out. You say in the next sentence that payment is expected.
countrymom 05:35 AM 01-26-2011
where did you get those letters that the kid did art work with, I like how big they were
jenh171 05:38 AM 01-26-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
where did you get those letters that the kid did art work with, I like how big they were
oh, I just wrote them by hand on construction paper. (the old-fashioned way!)
Blackcat31 06:00 AM 01-26-2011
Hi Jenh! Your web-site is very nice! It is easy to read and navigate. I love how you incorporated testimonials into it also.
Okay, on the flip side there are a couple comments that I have...I am soooo NOT being rude; one is the pp mentioned the statement about "very much appreciating payment" in your paragraph about absents. I agree that you should remove that statment. I also want to point out that you did use the word appreciate 7 times while explaining your policies and although I can understand your feelings of wanting to be accommodating to the parents and create a partnership-type relationship with them...I honestly think you are opening yourself up to alot of negotiating and mis-interpretation of your policies when you say appreciate. IMHO, I just feel as though you should not feel bad saying words like expect or required. I feel that the word appreciate leaves it open to discussion because although you would appreciate it, it really isn't required...kwim?

In your parent testimony area, your previous mom who wrote that nice statement said you have lots of "patients" even though she meant "patience"....just don't want anyone thinking you are running a clinic .....sorry I am usually a natural editor and can't help it.....

All in all your web-site looks very warm and inviting and if I were a parent in your area, I would not hesitate to give you a call. Nice job!
jenh171 06:07 AM 01-26-2011
Thank you so much for your input. I will not say that I "appreciate" it...LOL!!! I will definitely do some editing and I see your point about that word possibly causing a gray area.

The woman who wrote my testimonial is a teacher too! It took everything I had not to edit it, but my boyfriend looked at it last night and said I definitely should edit it. I just haven't gotten to it yet. It's not just that one error either. I will have to try not to rewrite the whole thing! Her heart is in the right place, but it really is written rather poorly!

Thanks so much for the help!
Tags:website, website review
Reply Up