Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Long Was It Before.......
Heart2Heart 08:18 AM 09-25-2011
you got your first inquiry about your child care?
you got your first child to attend?

I am just starting out with providing childcare services and I am just curious about the above questions. Thanks
Zoe 09:38 AM 09-25-2011
I posted on craigslist last August, as well as an ad in the paper. I've been told by multiple posters on this forum that August/September is the busiest time for daycare and BOY were they right. I got 2 families within a week. Then I didn't get anything for 6 months. This isn't the rule, it just seems to be a trend.
wdmmom 09:32 AM 09-26-2011
I started advertising on Craigslist. I had my first child start 2 weeks after my initial post. I had another one start about 4.5 weeks later and I had a sibling group join a week after that. Granted they were all part time but that's how it started for me and it's all worked out pretty well.
JaydensMommy 09:59 AM 09-26-2011
I got licensed in May, put an ad in craigslist. I got a drop in/part timer maybe about 2 weeks later and a full timer about a month later. As of about a month ago, I am completely full.
jojosmommy 11:25 AM 09-26-2011
Took me about a month to get calls, follow up with people, do interviews and have them actually start. Now, to actually get good clients that you want in your home took me much longer. I had to realize that you have to wait for the RIGHT people to call/interview. Don't take the first people interested b/c you feel you need the money- it will cost you more in the long run.
Christian Mother 01:04 PM 09-26-2011
I posted on CL back during the summer that I have 1 F/T child slot available and I am still waiting for it to be field. Right now I have 2 full time children, 1 part time, and another who is drop in care. I only have that little guy maybe 1 a month or twice. I do have a baby starting in Dec. who will be full time child which would make 3 F/T child in Dec. But I really would like 4 F/T children. So I am trying hard to wait for that right family. It's really hard you guys. I get calls all the time for part time or drop in care or 2 or more children. My ad does state pretty clearly that i have room for 1 more full time child. But it doesn't seem to matter much bc I am still getting calls on part time or 2 more children. I end up recommending another childcare since I can't take on them. I am just holding out for the right family. Pray soon please that that perfect family will call!! I reposted today!! I also have a ad on care.com to see if I can get a family on there. There mostly a nanny or babysitter service though.
Heart2Heart 04:19 PM 09-26-2011
How often do you post to CL?? Is everyday too much? I havent received a call in two weeks.
Tags:advertising, craigs list
Reply Up