Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Newish Website... Constructive Feedback
KDC 10:55 AM 09-28-2011
I put together a website for my Daycare (www.kellysdaycare.com). I had it up under hostgator, but changed it to iweb with the purchase of my Apple computer. I would really like to get some CONSTRUCTIVE feedback from it. Thanks!
daycare 11:12 AM 09-28-2011
I have not read all of it! Very good looking family!
OnE thing I noticed (sorry I'm on my phone) is you have two different health policies
One under PHB one under contracts.

Also do you give an example of your daily routine and maybe list more of what the kids do throughout their stay.

Otherwise I think it looks great!!
Heidi 11:19 AM 09-28-2011
Hi Kelly-

I'm from central WI, love Door County, too!

BTW, not only you but your entire family is beautiful!

The website looks great, very eye catching. You look like a loving, fun provider who takes excellent care of the kids.

The only negative I saw was your menus. It seems like too many chips & processed foods for young children. I take it you are not on the food program. Is this something you might consider?

Sorry if that's not the type of feedback you wanted-maybe you just wanted a critique of the site. It's just something that popped out at me. Not trying to be mean!

You are lucky to be in IL. My parent handbook is 12 pages long, and most of that is stuff we HAVE to put in there. It's kind of hard to get parents to read all that, much less remember it!
mismatchedsocks 11:28 AM 09-28-2011
Love your website! Very colorful! How did you make the menu? I keep trying to make one to put on my website but havent found anything!

I am from Wisconsin, and love door county!
GotKids 11:38 AM 09-28-2011
Could you also add pictures of your set up so parents can get a feel for environment? I liked the website though, good job
Heidi 11:41 AM 09-28-2011
Sorry- I forgot this: Did you get written permission to post dck's pics? I put it in my contract. My school does it, so I figured I'd better be on the safeside just incase someone later complained.
KDC 11:56 AM 09-28-2011
Thank you for the great feedback! I do have too many processed foods, and I've been working my way out of them I need to look into the food program here. I'm going through 4-5 gallons of milk a day, and it's adding up!! Most of the processed portions are really small, heavy on the fruits and veggies. I will be working to consolidate my health policies this weekend! Good catch=) I do have the parents sign waivers for the website when they sign their contracts. I definitely should post pictures of the set-up, this should also be done this weekend! I was trying to find a way to password protect just a portion of the website to just have it open to the parents for communication, but it was pretty difficult with my current set-up, I would have to buy more domain's and re-register them every year and link it in.

The lunch menu took me a bit to figure out as well. I downloaded the calendar free from Microsoft into Word, updated it with my lunch menu, then went into my 'finder' on my mac and dragged it over, one of the advantages of iweb. I'm pretty bummed though because the server/host mobile me is going away and the 'cloud' is coming...which will not allow for the current blog, so I'll have to figure something else out.

Thanks again so much! I really appreciate all the comments and time looking at the website!! Perfect!
MamaBear 12:07 PM 09-28-2011
How funny... My daycare is "Kelly's Home Daycare" too But not in your area. I like your website. It's very cute! I think you should put more pics up of your actual play areas and maybe not so much of the kids. I'm a little nervous about having children's pictures on my website. I try to post pics of them playing from the back view or side view so that weirdohs cant see how cute the kids are. Maybe make a section that is password protected so only the daycare parents can see their kids pictures. Just an idea.
Sprouts 08:00 PM 09-28-2011
I agree with the pictures post as well, more pictures of your space and not as much of the kids. I have my own children too here and its hard not to have all my pictures of them! But when parents look if they see mostly your children they might feell like their kids will come second and may feel left out...just from parent point of view. and yes too many wierdos out there!

www.sproutinglearners.com

this is my website, not perfect! You can give feedback as well, just some different ideas maybe.
Springdaze 05:25 AM 09-29-2011
I would double check that first favorite song....it has a bad word in it. the site is beautiful!
Tags:website
Reply Up