Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can't Ever Catch A Break!
lilcupcakes09 04:31 AM 01-12-2012
I open at 630-usually only have Family #1 that arrives at 630, Family#2 arrives at 630 occasionally if Dad's schedule is early that day, usually very few times in a months span. Family #1 parents are divorced so when kids are with Dad he brings them later, 8-830 on his days, then they are off to school. In the past two weeks family #1 has been here at 630 since they are with Mom anf family #2 has been coming at 730. So today family #1 is with Dad and will come later, and I get the great news from Family #2 at pick up yesterday, "oh we will be here at 620 tomorrow morning, both parents have to go to work early tomorrow"...UGH, getting up to be ready at 6AM for 1 child!!! Why can't there schedules ever give me a break!!!!
Meeko 05:58 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by lilcupcakes09:
I open at 630-usually only have Family #1 that arrives at 630, Family#2 arrives at 630 occasionally if Dad's schedule is early that day, usually very few times in a months span. Family #1 parents are divorced so when kids are with Dad he brings them later, 8-830 on his days, then they are off to school. In the past two weeks family #1 has been here at 630 since they are with Mom anf family #2 has been coming at 730. So today family #1 is with Dad and will come later, and I get the great news from Family #2 at pick up yesterday, "oh we will be here at 620 tomorrow morning, both parents have to go to work early tomorrow"...UGH, getting up to be ready at 6AM for 1 child!!! Why can't there schedules ever give me a break!!!!
Ummmm....you don't open until 6:30AM...so why are they TELLING you that they will be there at 6:20AM???????????????????????

They should have ASKED you if it was OK!!!

Can you imagine shopping at a store in the mall and telling them "I have to be at work early tomorrow, so you have to open early so I can do some shopping before work..." No difference. They are very rude to tell you you WILL open early for them!

Good grief!
AfterSchoolMom 06:32 AM 01-12-2012
I wouldn't open the door til you open, whether they're there or not. I just went through this last week!
boysx5 07:04 AM 01-12-2012
I open at 6:30 very rarley have kids that early one morning without notice a mom came at six I made her wait I run out to the gym some mornings and also the store its rude to do that
lilcupcakes09 07:46 AM 01-12-2012
Sorry let me clarify- Mom was in my driveway at 6:15 actually! I don't open my door until 630 but for some reason they think I may just give in one day Parents waiting in my driveway is one of my biggest peeves, but that is another subject(they need time after dropping off kids to stop for coffee,breakfast,etc).....
My point of the post was just to vent about how my early family wasn't coming until later this morning, but my normally later family needed to come early and I had to get up at 6 for 1 child to be here 2 hours earlier than the rest, the extra sleep would have been nice but oh well, at least it is a Holiday on Monday! Yay!
awestbrook713 08:05 AM 01-12-2012
I feel your pain I have a family whose drop off was 1230 to 1245, she txt me and told me 5 minutes of 8am that her child would be there in a few minutes. There was no can you take him early is this ok it was a bold statement, I told her it was ok that day but we need to work on these drop off times to which she then says Well I just assumed you were already watching kids . After this day mom has changed drop of times to 9 am and dad drops off between 9 and 10 you just can't teach rude people manners or respect.
LittleD 09:23 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by awestbrook713:
I feel your pain I have a family whose drop off was 1230 to 1245, she txt me and told me 5 minutes of 8am that her child would be there in a few minutes. There was no can you take him early is this ok it was a bold statement, I told her it was ok that day but we need to work on these drop off times to which she then says Well I just assumed you were already watching kids . After this day mom has changed drop of times to 9 am and dad drops off between 9 and 10 you just can't teach rude people manners or respect.
I would've said "no, sorry, I was just on my way out the door. But I'll be back in time for your regular drop off!"
Tags:backbone, early arrival fee, enforcing policies - consistency, opening hours
Reply Up