Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Grandma Passed Away
Springdaze 05:46 AM 12-13-2012
I have a family that I have been caring for since their 7 yo was 2. now i watch their daughter who is 4. Her grandmother passed away last week and the funeral is Saturday. I was given info for it, but I really cant/feel funny going. I have had conversations with the grandmother when I have dropped the kids off at their house so its not like I didnt know her. The little girl hasnt been coming for the last 2 weeks and came today. I told the father that todays care was on me. I asked my friend what I should do, Im not going to the funeral and I hope they dont mind. She said to send a card and have sandwiches delivered to their house. I kinda feel like giving them a free day of care should cover it. I will send a card though.
countrymom 05:48 AM 12-13-2012
yes, i think a card would be nice. I really don't do funerals so I would pass on it.
e.j. 05:50 AM 12-13-2012
I think giving them a free day and sending them a card is generous and thoughtful. I would probably do the same thing if I were in your situation.
Mom&Provider 06:27 AM 12-13-2012
If you don't want to go, for whatever reason, don't. Its your choice.

I would send a nice card tho (or put it in DCG's bag to go home) and if you hadn't offered the free day I would have suggested some flowers or something, but I think the day is enough.
Tags:death
Reply Up