Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>California Provider Question...
CityGarden 09:22 AM 01-30-2017
Is there a clear list that indicates which state forms parents are required to fill out / read prior to enrollment?

I asked my analyst but she did not seem confident in her answers - and my local R&R gave me a different list than the analyst.

FYI - I have a small family license. Also my dd is 10 I do not plan on taking school age children but my dd and maybe a friend would be present on occasion (school holidays, between summer camps, etc.) Would I have them sign the notice about school age children in my care then?

Also I have created my application, contract / handbook, field trip/photo/sunblock/medication permission forms... are there any other documents I need to create?
MarinaVanessa 12:23 PM 01-30-2017
Is there a clear list that indicates which state forms parents are required to fill out / read prior to enrollment?

I don't think there is an online list somewhere but here is a list of the licensing forms that I'm required to give to my clients before enrollment (based on a printout I was given once at a licensing workshop):
IDENTIFICATION AND EMERGENCY INFORMATION
CONSENT FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL TREATMENT
CONSUMER AWARENESS INFORMATION
NOTIFICATION OF PARENT'S RIGHTS
CAREGIVER BACKGROUND CHECK PROCESS
NOTICE OF ADDITIONAL KIDS IN CARE (if you're going to have more than six but no more than 8 kids for your small license)
I'm pretty sure I listed them all.

Also my dd is 10 ... but my dd and maybe a friend would be present on occasion (school holidays, between summer camps, etc.) Would I have them sign the notice about school age children in my care then?

I asked my analyst this same question and I was told that it was better to have my daughter's friends have forms filled out to prevent hassle even if I wouldn't be getting paid for them but as long as I could send them home at any given time that I wouldn't need any additional paperwork for them. If you cannot send them home at any time (like if you will be allowing a friend to come over during a school break while her parents were at home but not getting paid) then you'd need paperwork signed at the child counts towards your ratios. Your own DD wouldn't count because she's 10 but any other child would even if they are 10 and older.

Also I have created my application, contract / handbook, field trip/photo/sunblock/medication permission forms... are there any other documents I need to create?
I'd look up a "Keep Me Home If" document that has reasons to keep kids at home (symptoms) and that but other than that I think you've got your bases covered
CityGarden 01:56 PM 01-30-2017
Thanks so much! This helps I had most of those and a couple extras... did not have the consumer awareness info. so I added it. I also added the school age children thing just in case.

It did not occur to me to get paperwork on my dd's friends if they come over --- will keep that is mind for when that pops up. I would not be charging for my daughter's friends. I was just thinking about summer and allowing my dd to have the neighbor over sometime so she is not bored with little ones all day. She will be in camp most of the summer but thinking thru her first summer of my doing this so I can make it as positive an experience as possible.

Thanks
Lovisa 04:07 PM 01-30-2017
We need the following:

LIC 9150
LIC282
LIC 627
LIC 9166 (if necessary)
LIC 700
LIC 995a
LIC 995e
LIC 9212
PM 286 (shot records)

Also, my analyst said, regarding your own kids' friends....they are allowed to be here and play, but you can't be technically "watching" them, meaning, IF they had to leave at a moments notice, they could. So basically, my kids have friends over, but the friends they have over are walking distance to their own houses and can leave at any time I need them to.

Hope this helps!
thrivingchildcarecom 05:50 PM 01-30-2017
I'm a California provider too. I actually created a File Checklist that I use to make sure all of the needed forms are current and up to date. If you would like a copy, just DM me with your email address and I would be happy to share it with you.
CityGarden 12:26 PM 02-02-2017
Hi All - Thank you all for helping me!!! I found this link if anyone is searching for this same info. in the future.

http://www.cdss.ca.gov/cdssweb/entre...sh/LIC311D.pdf
Tags:california, california - regulations
Reply Up