Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Field Trips and Permission Slips
MamaBear317 05:26 AM 07-10-2014
My child (3 years old) was taken on a field trip last Thursday to a neighboring town's playground. His class was transported on a small school bus. I found out about the trip when I picked him up that afternoon. There was no permission slip signed and I was not made aware that he would be leaving their premises for any reason. Last night, I picked him and found out that he went to a movie theater for a movie.. 20 minutes away. I spoke to the owner and was told that because I signed the enrollment form, that gave them permission. My whole point was that I would like knowledge of any future trips - a schedule or agenda - so that I know where he is on any given day. My question is: should they be required to have individual permission slips signed for each trip? Is there any law that says they should be required to do so, or by signing the enrollment form, have I signed a blanket permission slip?
This is a Pennsylvania daycare center and they are a part of the Keystone STARS program.
Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.

- Angry Mama Bear
Tags:field trip, field trip policy, field trips, permission slip, permission slips
Up