Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Where's Mommy?"
sahm2three 07:51 AM 08-15-2012
Our new little guy, who I spoke about in the other post this morning about a boy who refuses to play constantly asks, "Where's Mommy?" Which I know is completely normal, he is new after all. And he isn't upset when he says it, but just asking. Issue is, it is CONSTANT. And when I say constant, I mean like seriously every 2 minutes. All. Day. Long. I answered him every time he asked the first couple days, today, it is like fingernails on a chalkboard. I ignored it a few times and tried to redirect him instead, and the last couple times I asked HIM where she went. He tells me, "work". So then WHY does he keep asking?! LOL! God help me! LOL! I need more coffee!
Country Kids 07:58 AM 08-15-2012
I have no advice to give and I wish I did. I have one that has been here almost a year that does the same thing. Over and over and over and over. Now this child has all of them asking and they won't stop! I have had the majority of these kids for a couple of years and they have just started doing it now when they here the other child.

They started all doing it this summer!
SilverSabre25 09:02 AM 08-15-2012
"Where do you think?" [work] "There's your answer {smile}"
SquirrellyMama 10:23 AM 08-15-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
"Where do you think?" [work] "There's your answer {smile}"
This is what I do after answering 3 times. They ask again and then I ask the question back to them. They usually know the answer.

K
SilverSabre25 11:30 AM 08-15-2012
If they're persistant with something, I'll usually end up trying a variety of tactics, depending on my mood and the child in question, etc.

After I do what I mentioned in my post above, if it continues I will usually start answering with nonsense--in this case. "I don't know. The moon?" and usually it turns it into laughter. If it continues I keep tossing out strange answers. Or, if I get bored or it makes the child upset, I stop and go to,

"You know what? I'm tired of that question. I'm not going to answer you unless you say something different."

or

"You know the answer to that. I understand that you really want mommy to come and I promise that she will. You really miss her. She'll be here after snack/outside time/whatever. Now, stop asking me."
sahm2three 11:32 AM 08-15-2012
OMGosh! I have said the same thing to kids in the past. I have told them, "Mommy went to the moon. She'll be back to get you later." LOL. I told the mom and she thought it was hilarious! She now says to her child when she is leaving, "Mom's going to the moon, see ya in a bit!" LOL!
Country Kids 01:02 PM 08-15-2012
Mine today kept saying -mommy picking up, daddy picking up, mommy picking up, daddy picking up, etc! For five minutes straight and would not stop no matterer what I told them!

I'm not sure what to do because it seems to be getting worse not better. The child used to ask once and go on, now they just ask over and over and over and won't take any answer you give them.
Reply Up