Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Delilah Show
hwichlaz 08:26 AM 02-12-2018
So I have a little girl that is constantly "look at me look at me, Hey look what I can do" ad naseum.

I constantly redirect. Ignoring didn't work, it just ramped her up.

What if it WAS the Delilah Show? I'm thinking of giving each interested child 10 minutes a week to dazzle us with what they can do, our attention on them, clapping for them. Then just NOT ALLOW it the rest of the time.
I'll be able to say instead, "The Delilah Show is on Monday."
What do you think?
Country Kids 08:42 AM 02-12-2018
Maybe start incorporating a helper of the day even if for an hour? Make it a big deal each week with the parents and kids?

Then at the end of the day or right before lunch they could do a few minutes of "something" special. It would give them something to look forward to and maybe also act as a show in tell time.
hwichlaz 08:48 AM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Maybe start incorporating a helper of the day even if for an hour? Make it a big deal each week with the parents and kids?

Then at the end of the day or right before lunch they could do a few minutes of "something" special. It would give them something to look forward to and maybe also act as a show in tell time.

We already have a jobs chart with clips. We have table setter, table busser, weather person, nap set up helper (helps all of the younger kids put the fitted sheets on their cots and lay their bedding out), story choser, etc. But I could make one of those jobs extra special and print out a sticker/badge for the child's shirt.
Josiegirl 02:51 PM 02-12-2018
I remember when my own kids went to school, they'd have the 'big cheese' of the day. It was kind of based on celebrating one child a day. Kids loved it. I think your idea is great! Then they might get a better idea of having to wait until the Delilah Show. Lol
Tags:delilah show, self centered, selfish
Reply Up