Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drying Artwork
SilverSabre25 08:26 AM 06-28-2011
Where do ya'll put artwork that needs to dry flat? (because it's covered in glue or so covered in paint that it's "curing" rather than drying, or whatever)
Country Kids 08:27 AM 06-28-2011
On my bar, diningroom table or my kitchen counters. Those are the only flat spaces I have. Then after the children leave if they are still wet I put them on my preschool tables.
Blackcat31 08:34 AM 06-28-2011
I bought one of these when I got a 25% off coupon. It fits nicely into corner and all the glue and paint stays on the papers.... I bet if you did some searching, you may find one cheaper. I know they sell a smaller version too.

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...&Brand=&Price=
nannyde 08:37 AM 06-28-2011
clothesline outside in summer. On skirt hangers in the laundry room in winter.
laundrymom 09:08 AM 06-28-2011
I have a flannel backed table doth that I put flannel up on my bed, the lay art on it and turn on the fan. Noone uses my bed so it's perfect
DaycareMama 10:22 AM 06-28-2011
all the artwork here curls too. I am trying myself to find a solution. Even cardstock curls. I have been thinking about getting one of those art drying racks pictured above to try and help. But they are costly. I have taped the backs to the counters while they dry but thats a hasle too
Luna 11:24 AM 06-28-2011
We use plastic trays from the dollar store to do crafts and we stack them across each other to dry.
WImom 11:25 AM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I bought one of these when I got a 25% off coupon. It fits nicely into corner and all the glue and paint stays on the papers.... I bet if you did some searching, you may find one cheaper. I know they sell a smaller version too.

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...&Brand=&Price=
I have the same one. It works great.

I wonder if you could get $1 baking trays from dollar tree and do what Luna does - that's a great idea.
Country Kids 11:31 AM 06-28-2011
I bought a bunch of the baking trays from the Dollar Tree. When we have a painting project, glitter, sand, anything messing we put the paper in the tray and go at it. Keeps it all contained and then when we need to dry I can leave it on there or transfer to one of my flat areas (which I sometimes do more so that I can get the trays washed up). The great thing though about the trays is that we can then use them for magnetic boards! I put magnets on the back of cut outs and we learn songs, colors, and the alphabet. I love them and it was a cheap investment!
jessrlee 11:36 AM 06-28-2011
I bought the hanging drying rack at discount school supply. It looks like this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...GVZ8GMVBJ573PM and cost around $12
SilverSabre25 12:40 PM 06-28-2011
ooo lots of fantastic ideas here, thanks!
Abigail 07:40 PM 06-28-2011
When people say the artwork is curling, are they hanging them up or laying them flat?

We only had our Father's Day fish curl up because they were hung up. Everything that dries on the counter is flat.
Tags:art supplies, artwork - drying
Reply Up