Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2 3
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Spin Off From Parents Thread
MyAngels 03:06 PM 04-30-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
I hold you to a higher regard crystal. I really look up to you and guess I expect you to be above the nonsense.

I'm sure if one of your DCks said you suck to another and the recipient of the name calling punched the other kid in the face you would not be ok with it.
I think she has remained well "above the nonsense."

I would not have been nearly as nice after some of the comments made.
Willow 03:08 PM 04-30-2013
I hold you to a higher regard crystal. I really look up to you and guess I expect you to be above the nonsense.

I'm sure if one of your DCks said you suck to another and the recipient of the name calling punched the other kid in the face you would not be ok with it.

Calling out the instigator by holding them responsible for the squabble and simply being ok with it are two completely different things.

There is nothing wrong with defending your integrity from nasty low blows.
daycare 03:08 PM 04-30-2013
Originally Posted by MyAngels:

Again two wrongs don't make a right. Don't attack me for trying to be a peace keeper.
Willow 03:09 PM 04-30-2013

Holy ditto......
daycare 03:10 PM 04-30-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:
Calling out the instigator by holding them responsible for the squabble and simply being ok with it are two completely different things.

There is nothing wrong with defending your integrity from nasty low blows.
So calling back with names is ok?

Really ladies. This is exactly why I left this thread a few months back. This is out right childish behavior. Maybe I made the mistake of coming back thinking things would be different.

It's totally unnecessary from both if them.
Willow 03:12 PM 04-30-2013
Again two wrongs don't make a right. Don't attack me for trying to be a peace keeper.

One wrong doesn't make a right either. And one person throwing multiple wrongs definitely warrants some "feedback"

(not attacking you at all dayare, just trying to help you understand why some of us are so gobsmacked over this thread).
Blackcat31 03:15 PM 04-30-2013

Really ladies. This is exactly why I left this thread a few months back. This is out right childish behavior. Maybe I made the mistake of coming back thinking things would be different.

When you have a group of people all together in one place, there will ALWAYS be drama and misunderstandings. That will NEVER change.

Especially when we only have written words to go by.

The most we can do is behave as adults and expect others to do so as well although some have more abilities than others.

While I do my best to remain "Sweden" (as Willow said ) I do have to agree with Crystal here. Michelle HAS been kind of offensive to her in this thread and quite honestly, Crystal has been rather reserved about it IMHO.

I also want to point out that MY personal perception of Michelle though is a kind, loving caring provider who really just wants to do what is best for her DCK's and is having some trouble saying that.

I think that maybe the best thing we can ALL do is just walk away and leave the thread alone. If it gets heated and either dog in the fight has an issue with the direction it goes or has gone, they can always PM one of us moderator's and we can lock/close the thread.

It doesn't solve anything/everything but it certainly helps let the flames die down.
daycare 03:16 PM 04-30-2013
One wrong doesn't make a right either. And one person throwing multiple wrongs definitely warrants some "feedback"

(not attacking you at all dayare, just trying to help you understand why some of us are so gobsmacked over this thread).
Well in text things don't always come across very clear.

Like many of you have said its a public form you can take from it what you want and leave alone what you don't.

Sorry but I stand firm on this. None of us would be ok with dck acting that way why should adults ?
Willow 03:18 PM 04-30-2013

Who called any names back?

And who should be held responsible for dredging up a topic that was closed just to intentionally start the drama back up again?

Things will always get heated under those circumstances you know?

This was done and over, admin declared it done and over, and there was no respect for that. How could anyone expect it would have ended any differently than the first go round did?
sharlan 03:24 PM 04-30-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
When you have a group of people all together in one place, there will ALWAYS be drama and misunderstandings. That will NEVER change.

Especially when we only have written words to go by.

The most we can do is behave as adults and expect others to do so as well although some have more abilities than others.

While I do my best to remain "Sweden" (as Willow said ) I do have to agree with Crystal here. Michelle HAS been kind of offensive to her in this thread and quite honestly, Crystal has been rather reserved about it IMHO.

I also want to point out that MY personal perception of Michelle though is a kind, loving caring provider who really just wants to do what is best for her DCK's and is having some trouble saying that.
I think that maybe the best thing we can ALL do is just walk away and leave the thread alone. If it gets heated and either dog in the fight has an issue with the direction it goes or has gone, they can always PM one of us moderator's and we can lock/close the thread.

It doesn't solve anything/everything but it certainly helps let the flames die down.
In defense of Michelle as a provider, she "is a kind, loving caring provider who really just wants to do what is best for her DCK's and is having some trouble saying that". I have personally met her and we enjoyed an outing at the LA County Fair last year with all of our daycare kids and dh's.
daycare 03:24 PM 04-30-2013

And who should be held responsible for dredging up a topic that was closed just to intentionally start the drama back up again?

This was done and over, admin declared it done and over, and there was no respect for that. How could anyone expect it would have ended any differently than the first go round did?
Coming from a mind of peace. I guess it was wishful thinking

Can't help it I want everyone To get along and be kind to one another. This form is supposed to offer advice, support and understanding. Again maybe I'm in Lala land of wishful thinking

We all know crystal is a strong like a bull. She's very smart and educated in this field she's strong with her words which makes her an easy target. I do she gets picked on but she could just laugh it off. I know she can.
Michelle 03:32 PM 04-30-2013

I do not know who called anyone a name!

Imagine... all the work, safeguarding, worrying , arguments with appt. centers, arguing with relatives because they were not fingerprinted... paying double the charge for night repairs for 13 years because I was lied to or "misinformed" by licensing!
I just found this out today, so please stop saying I am causing problems! this is what I firmly believed and I am pretty upset! I am not against anyone here on this forum but I am close to leaving because I feel attacked!
MyAngels 03:32 PM 04-30-2013

Coming from a mind of peace. I guess it was wishful thinking

Can't help it I want everyone To get along and be kind to one another. This form is supposed to offer advice, support and understanding. Again maybe I'm in Lala land of wishful thinking

We all know crystal is a strong like a bull. She's very smart and educated in this field she's strong with her words which makes her an easy target. I do she gets picked on but she could just laugh it off. I know she can.
I don't think anyone should have to "laugh it off" when their integrity is called into question, no matter how "smart and educated" they may be.

I have never met Michelle and I believe she is a wonderful provider, but really, she should have taken a step back from the discussion and rethought or rephrased before she continued to take aim at another member.
kathiemarie 03:33 PM 04-30-2013
Originally Posted by Little Star75:
I'm in California and I was told by licensing that's as long as the "other" person, repairman, homeschool teacher, etc aren't having direct interaction with the children that its ok. Not sure what the argument here is but as matter of fact I just called licensing last week asking about my daughters homeschool teacher. Her teacher has always come after hours but next school year she will be available only during the day, because I didn't want anyone else I called licensing to make sure if it was ok for the teacher to be here during business hours. I spoke to my licensor and said "as long as she does not have direct contact with the children, then it's ok"
This is what I was told also by my licensor. I'm in Ventura County.
daycare 03:34 PM 04-30-2013

I don't think anyone should have to "laugh it off" when their integrity is called into question, no matter how "smart and educated" they may be.

I have never met Michelle and I believe she is a wonderful provider, but really, she should have taken a step back from the discussion and rethought or rephrased before she continued to take aim at another member.
Well my friend you and I an agree to disagree
daycare 03:37 PM 04-30-2013
Originally Posted by Michelle:

Imagine... all the work, safeguarding, worrying , arguments with appt. centers, arguing with relatives because they were not fingerprinted... paying double the charge for night repairs for 13 years because I was lied to or "misinformed" by licensing!
I just found this out today, so please stop saying I am causing problems! this is what I firmly believed and I am pretty upset! I am not against anyone here on this forum but I am close to leaving because I feel attacked!
Ugh. Now I get it..... I could see how that would be hard to have to hear after all the hard work you have done for years trying to follow that rule.

Must have been a pain to schedule appointments. And I'm sure you have up many weekends stating home to hold maintance appointments.

I still try not to have maintance workers come in on weekdays unless I really really have to.

Sorry.....
Michelle 03:44 PM 04-30-2013
When I told my daughter about this... she told me that the reason why she moved out at 19 was because of this regulation... I couldn't have everyone of her friends fingerprinted and she was tired of me turning them away at the door the minute they turned 18!
I lost my daughter because of this!
I asked the rep today if my teen daughter could have an 18 year old friend over and she said yes, as long as they were not near the kids!

When I asked this a couple years ago, they said "NO"
I am so upset, I can't stop crying.
daycare 03:50 PM 04-30-2013
When I told my daughter about this... she told me that the reason why she moved out at 19 was because of this regulation... I couldn't have everyone of her friends fingerprinted and she was tired of me turning them away at the door the minute they turned 18!
I lost my daughter because of this!
I asked the rep today if my teen daughter could have an 18 year old friend over and she said yes, as long as they were not near the kids!

When I asked this a couple years ago, they said "NO"
I am so upset, I can't stop crying.
Wow I could see how this is so upsetting to you.
Wish I could find the right words to make you feel better about it. That really stinks that you were lead to believe that for so long.

CA regs need to improve.

Last year I was told by one analyst that my daughter could have friends over (age 11-13) as long as they could walk home if lic came. But then talking to someone else, I was old no.

I came to this form and was told something different so I called Lic again and was old something completely different. They said after age 10 they don't even account for in my license. Ugh.......

So sorry sweetie. Big hugs.

But you still have to I to time out for misbehaving. Lol.
Willow 03:53 PM 04-30-2013

Well, do what you need to do, but consider that you started the thread and then proceeded to offend many here with zero acknowledgement of that.

When you were told you were coming off the way you were, instead of taking a step back you drilled in more digs implying that you're better than others because you go and do all sorts of things and are more capable of keeping children safe than others - on the flip side of that then saying that anyone that brings in a reputable repairman is endangering the kids in their care.

Whether all that was intentional or not is debatable but that's how it came off.

Everyone who does things differently is boring and/or negligent and you're just awesome lol

(Not saying you're not awesome, because from what I've read you do just fine for yourself, but there's never just one right way of doing things when it comes to childcare.)
Michelle 04:02 PM 04-30-2013
When people are talking about their lives, childcare...we all use the words "I do it this way" or I do it that way!"
tone of voice is hard to tell on this forum..
people who know me in person, know that I am a very helpful, huggy person that wants to "save the world" and "save every child"

sorry if anyone took my tone wrong.
Thank you Daycare...
I can tell that you are a very loving person!

Willow 04:07 PM 04-30-2013
Guarantee the entire tone of the thread will change after that Michelle.

Can't speak for anyone else but that clarified things for me anyway.
daycare 04:08 PM 04-30-2013
I'm not known to be very huggy, but I'm super sappy and cheesy with words. Lol

Well. I grew up in pure violence and mass judgement. So I strive to always want to find peace.... My husband says more like find the lost pieces of my mind Lol
Crystal 04:37 PM 04-30-2013
I seriously hope you didn't intend that as it's reading.......
I'm pretty sure she did
Crystal 04:53 PM 04-30-2013

With all due respect Daycare, I did not call anyone names. I did say that she "seems to have a superiority complex", and if that is what you are referring to, then I own it, AND I meant it.

Additionally, it has been implied that I am a liar or misinformed, that I must not be capable of handling 14 children on field trips because I choose to not take that liability, that I and every other provider who doesn't give kids special moments by taking them on frequent field trips SUCK, etc. etc. etc. I thought I was handling my responses well, but I guess you disagree.

Immediatley following Michelle's post about her call to licensing I said 2 words "Thank You" only to get "talked down to" yet again. THAT was unwarranted, and YES, it made me mad. I do not take my job lightly, I work VERY hard and have for the past 16 years to offer a high quality program. If someone wants to intentionally insult and offend me, implying that because they do things differently then I suck, then they ARE going to to be told how I feel.

I doubt that you would appreciate or allow someone to insult your professionalism and integrity without defending yourself....why should I?
Crystal 04:55 PM 04-30-2013
Willow, Blackcat and MyAngels, Thank you
daycare 04:57 PM 04-30-2013
Originally Posted by Crystal:
With all due respect Daycare, I did not call anyone names. I did say that she "seems to have a superiority complex", and if that is what you are referring to, then I own it, AND I meant it.

Additionally, it has been implied that I am a liar or misinformed, that I must not be capable of handling 14 children on field trips because I choose to not take that liability, that I and every other provider who doesn't give kids special moments by taking them on frequent field trips SUCK, etc. etc. etc. I thought I was handling my responses well, but I guess you disagree.

Immediatley following Michelle's post about her call to licensing I said 2 words "Thank You" only to get "talked down to" yet again. THAT was unwarranted, and YES, it made me mad. I do not take my job lightly, I work VERY hard and have for the past 16 years to offer a high quality program. If someone wants to intentionally insult and offend me, implying that because they do things differently then I suck, then they ARE going to to be told how I feel.

I doubt that you would appreciate or allow someone to insult your professionalism and integrity without defending yourself....why should I?
why does retaliation have to be your only option?
Crystal 05:03 PM 04-30-2013
why does retaliation have to be your only option?
Good grief, how have I retaliated????
Crystal 05:04 PM 04-30-2013
Ya know what? Nevermind. I am beyond done.

Peace.
julie 05:19 PM 04-30-2013
Well, do what you need to do, but consider that you started the thread and then proceeded to offend many here with zero acknowledgement of that.

When you were told you were coming off the way you were, instead of taking a step back you drilled in more digs implying that you're better than others because you go and do all sorts of things and are more capable of keeping children safe than others - on the flip side of that then saying that anyone that brings in a reputable repairman is endangering the kids in their care.

Whether all that was intentional or not is debatable but that's how it came off.

Everyone who does things differently is boring and/or negligent and you're just awesome lol

(Not saying you're not awesome, because from what I've read you do just fine for yourself, but there's never just one right way of doing things when it comes to childcare.)
Yup! Exactly this. Look if you are going to start a fire in the kitchen, you kind of have to take the heat. You started out this thread on the offensive and you have continued that way on the offensive about MANY topics. Any biting remarks you have gotten back have been from people on the DEfensive. And they have been mighty classy about it especially with some of the insinuations you have made about the quality of care they offer. If you are going to generalize, people are going to take offense and call you on it. If you are so awesome and a nice person in real life, that's great. You are not showing that side here. So maybe just take some time out and go be an awesome care provider instead of being condescending to everyone who does it just a little differently that you do? Because we might happen to be pretty awesome ourselves, we are just not shouting it from the rooftops or starting threads to make others feel bad. Food for thought.
Country Kids 05:32 PM 04-30-2013
I think for the CA providers the best thing to do is not talk about your rules and regulations! There is to many variables each time you guys discuss them.

In the transportation thread, no one knew anything about the transportation slip that Crystal kept talking about, yet that stayed pretty civil towards her. In the end it was found out that not everyone needed them, yet Crystal was stating they did when actually it must just be for her area.

Michelle was stating what she had been told for years and everyone jumps all over her. It happens to all of us when it comes to licensing-whats good for one person, isn't good for the next and CA seems to be the worse according to the stories here.

Same with the immunization slips, sounds like some licensor say just recopy on blue paper and others say you have to have the official copy.

When it comes to these types of things, lets all step back and realize we are in this together and the more we fight less support we feel. I think its absolutely wonderful that Michelle takes such a stand in her home for her business and her parents probably feel great about that. We all do what we feel is best for our businesses and if it works for you, great keep doing it.

I have learned so much from this forum and have implemented many things into my own program. That is the best part of it, but it does seem more and more there is so much arguing and fighting on here that its not really a support group anymore. It seems to suck the fun/life out of a otherwise awesome sight. Thats why I don't like facebook-to much drama alot of times and I don't want to have one. I came here because it was the first time I have found a place where I can ask questions, get advice, see what works for others while I'm at work. I don't have to wait for a monthly meeting or when the kids have left to talk to a friend.

I hope that as mature adults we would not act like this in real life but I hope that because we are on the internet, these are not our true selves, the real us. I hope that because we aren't face to face that we feel it gives us an out to be mean to each other.

Please remember we are all on equal playing fields and at the end of the day, we are all the same. No one is better then the next person and no matter how well a program is run, how much education a provider has, we are all human and at the snap of a finger a childcare can be under investigations or even just down for the most unfair things. We have all seen it happen.

Instead of being the mean girls, lets remember that parents read this also, and we should be portraying professionalism that we have all strived to have over the years. Many, if not all of us have wanted to be reconginized as a real career but looking at threads like this, a person could easily see why its not recongnized as a professional career.

I'm just asking that if your from CA, maybe just check with you licensor before posting "facts". I think by doing this it will cut down alot of the arguing from the CA. members.

Everyone have a wonderful evening and lets start fresh in the morning!
daycare 05:40 PM 04-30-2013
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I think for the CA providers the best thing to do is not talk about your rules and regulations! There is to many variables each time you guys discuss them.

In the transportation thread, no one knew anything about the transportation slip that Crystal kept talking about, yet that stayed pretty civil towards her. In the end it was found out that not everyone needed them, yet Crystal was stating they did when actually it must just be for her area.

Michelle was stating what she had been told for years and everyone jumps all over her. It happens to all of us when it comes to licensing-whats good for one person, isn't good for the next and CA seems to be the worse according to the stories here.

Same with the immunization slips, sounds like some licensor say just recopy on blue paper and others say you have to have the official copy.

When it comes to these types of things, lets all step back and realize we are in this together and the more we fight less support we feel. I think its absolutely wonderful that Michelle takes such a stand in her home for her business and her parents probably feel great about that. We all do what we feel is best for our businesses and if it works for you, great keep doing it.

I have learned so much from this forum and have implemented many things into my own program. That is the best part of it, but it does seem more and more there is so much arguing and fighting on here that its not really a support group anymore. It seems to suck the fun/life out of a otherwise awesome sight. Thats why I don't like facebook-to much drama alot of times and I don't want to have one. I came here because it was the first time I have found a place where I can ask questions, get advice, see what works for others while I'm at work. I don't have to wait for a monthly meeting or when the kids have left to talk to a friend.

I hope that as mature adults we would not act like this in real life but I hope that because we are on the internet, these are not our true selves, the real us. I hope that because we aren't face to face that we feel it gives us an out to be mean to each other.

Please remember we are all on equal playing fields and at the end of the day, we are all the same. No one is better then the next person and no matter how well a program is run, how much education a provider has, we are all human and at the snap of a finger a childcare can be under investigations or even just down for the most unfair things. We have all seen it happen.

Instead of being the mean girls, lets remember that parents read this also, and we should be portraying professionalism that we have all strived to have over the years. Many, if not all of us have wanted to be reconginized as a real career but looking at threads like this, a person could easily see why its not recongnized as a professional career.

I'm just asking that if your from CA, maybe just check with you licensor before posting "facts". I think by doing this it will cut down alot of the arguing from the CA. members.

Everyone have a wonderful evening and lets start fresh in the morning!
CK...You know that I love you.... I wish I was as good with words as you are. I know many of us struggle to put our thoughts into words more than others.

Thank you for your post.

I too come here for support, advice, understanding, education and motivation. I never want to feel as though I may have ever put someone down or make them feel unworthy.

thank you for posting this.......................
MyAngels 05:54 PM 04-30-2013
but it does seem more and more there is so much arguing and fighting on here that its not really a support group anymore. It seems to suck the fun/life out of a otherwise awesome sight.
Do try to remember, though, that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of threads here and very few actually become heated.
Willow 05:56 PM 04-30-2013
Do try to remember, though, that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of threads here and very few actually become heated.

Blackcat31 06:13 PM 04-30-2013

I too come here for support, advice, understanding, education and motivation. I never want to feel as though I may have ever put someone down or make them feel unworthy.
You can't spend your whole life avoiding conflict.

Conflict is what influences "people to learn, understand and educate" themselves and others.

Conflict inspires you to see things from a different perspective and learn to be understanding or at the very least accepting of other people.

Conflict also defines you....it shows you what you got; who you are; your character.

I am NOT saying people should start conflict on purpose as I believe people should truly and deeply believe in their cause if they are willing to go toe to toe with someone else but avoiding all conflict is impossible and in my opinion would mean a pretty vanilla world.

People should be able to talk about things passionately and they should be able to disagree without degrading or insulting each other.

Conflict isn't always a bad thing. It's how YOU (general you) handles conflict that makes ALL the difference.
daycare 06:44 PM 04-30-2013
People should be able to talk about things passionately and they should be able to disagree without degrading or insulting each other.

This exactly.......

that's all I ask..... like I said, maybe it's wishful thinking on my part.

I'm not upset that people have conflicts, it's about how they have them.

I'm always up for a good debate.....
Michelle 09:52 PM 04-30-2013
wow, I didn't know this was still going on... I just got back from my dd softball game in which I did take 2 dck's with me... She got a big hit and we celebrated with ice cream.. They were so happy for her and cheered her on. We lost our first play off game, which means we are done for the season but at least I got to go!

Thank you so much for all the PM of support from all of you wonderful ladies! I really appreciate them and I do feel a lot better now.

I agree that we should be able to talk about things and agree to disagree.
We all do things differently and some people are able to do field trips and some people are not. I do not think less of providers that can't or won't do them.

God bless and good night
Country Kids 07:41 AM 05-01-2013
True but the are becoming more and more heated recently!

Since Jan, I think there have been 4/5 threads that have had to be locked out. In my eyes that is ALOT as I have been on here for a couple years and that is the most in to be locked out in a very short time.

That tells me that the dynamics of the forum are changing.

Thank you Daycare for the kind words!

I guess even when you try to right a peaceful reply as a few did, it seems people still need to argue back.
MyAngels 07:55 AM 05-01-2013

Since Jan, I think there have been 4/5 threads that have had to be locked out. In my eyes that is ALOT as I have been on here for a couple years and that is the most in to be locked out in a very short time.

I guess even when you try to right a peaceful reply as a few did, it seems people still need to argue back.
If you really don't care for the arguments then don't continue to stir the pot .

With that, I'll take my spoon and be on my way .
mom2many 08:00 AM 05-01-2013
wow, I didn't know this was still going on... I just got back from my dd softball game in which I did take 2 dck's with me... She got a big hit and we celebrated with ice cream.. They were so happy for her and cheered her on. We lost our first play off game, which means we are done for the season but at least I got to go!

Thank you so much for all the PM of support from all of you wonderful ladies! I really appreciate them and I do feel a lot better now.

I agree that we should be able to talk about things and agree to disagree.
We all do things differently and some people are cut out to do field trips and some people are not. I do not think less of providers that can't or won't do them.

God bless and good night
I totally agree with this! I think it's great learning about all of the different programs each one of us has! There is such diversity and no way is the right way.

I simply offer what works best for me and that has evolved over the years... I was surprised when pps commented on feeling insulted, because I don't do field trips much at all anymore, since I took on 2 infants...it's just not feasible, so we are limited to walks to our neighborhood park. I don't feel like my program is any less though- It's just different and I never read anything negative into the OP's posts.

I agree with CK too...CA is so confusing in it's regs and that causes many of us to "feel" like we "think" we know what is true...only to find out we have been misinformed or each area/licensing rep informs us each differently. I know I was misinformed with the use of sunscreen!

I value this forum for just these reasons though! I continue to learn more about this profession and it helps me become a better provider! I definitely do not have all of the answers and love having the insight of others!
Blackcat31 08:36 AM 05-01-2013

Ok so I went back to December of 2012 and cannot find any of these 4/5 threads that have had to be locked due to the dynamics of the forum changing....

I found 5 threads that had to be locked for the following reason's
The dynamics of this forum is not changing in my opinion. As a matter of fact, I think it is rather civil as far as I think (compared to when I first joined).

This thread is bound to become controversial because it stems from a thread that was locked. There really was NO need to start a whole new thread just to rehash stuff from a locked thread.

The OP of this thread WAS insulting and rude to other posters and when she got called out for it she is wanting to be viewed as the "victim" and stating SHE feels attacked....

NOT once did she apologize to anyone who felt attacked by her. NOT once did she take responsibility for making others feel insulted.

She did say that she wasn't good at putting words together to make her point but a simple "I'm sorry if I offended you" seems pretty simple to me.

The point of this thread could have been made in a much more proactive way and at the end of it all it still doesn't change the fact that many providers who don't do off-site field trips feel as thought the intent of this thread was to say they weren't as good as providers who do field trips.

But my point is made even clearer as the OP states in her final post "We all do things differently and some people are cut out to do field trips and some people are not" which in my opinion is yet ANOTHER dig at those providers who don't do off site field trips.

I don't do them...but that certainly doesn't mean I am NOT cut out for them. That is really offensive to me.

I CAN do them, I CHOOSE not to...BIG DIFFERENCE.

My only advice to members who don't like conflict is to do as MyAngels said and to stop adding fuel to the fire, be respectful in your responses/replies and don't make generalized sweeping statements about how much better you think you are just because you do things differently than others.

And above all, if you wronged, offended or hurt someone else, take responsibility and say you are sorry.

It is EXACTLY what we teach our daycare kids.

I KNOW I have been offensive to others and said things I shouldn't have and if/when it is brought to my attention, I will absolutely apologize if I hurt someone's feelings but I won't make excuses and simply continue offending. them.
Country Kids 08:51 AM 05-01-2013
Sorry BC, I was thinking there were more.

Wasn't there another one on prescription meds that had to be locked out and then the one on Sister Wives which everyone was wondering why it was locked out because it was actually staying civil.

Besides the polls that are done after a certain amount of time and trolls, if you count your two and the two above thats alot in my eyes for a short amount of time. It was just something I had thought of, not trying to create an argument, was stating a fact.
Blackcat31 08:56 AM 05-01-2013
Sorry BC, I was thinking there were more.

Wasn't there another one on prescription meds that had to be locked out and then the one on Sister Wives which everyone was wondering why it was locked out because it was actually staying civil.

Besides the polls that are done after a certain amount of time and trolls, if you count your two and the two above thats alot in my eyes for a short amount of time. It was just something I had thought of, not trying to create an argument, was stating a fact.
No worries

I didn't count the sister wife thread because it was actually a member of the forum trying to stir the pot.

I don't think that 2 is a lot.......remember a while back (around mid 2012 or even earlier) there were LOTs of locked threads and tons of drama.

Members got banned and things got heated......

So really if the dynamics of the forum are changing, I'd say they are changing to the good.
littlemissmuffet 09:55 AM 05-01-2013

YOU feel attacked? You managed to insult parents who don't allow their children to be transported by childcare providers, childcare providers who do not transport children, childcare providers (maybe even people in general) who use public transportation as means of getting around, childcare providers who allow people into their HOMES during daycare hours (including repairmen) and then basically called Crystal and others liars when they posted links to the regulations they felt you were misinformed about. And you feel attacked?

You have an air about you that you think you are better than everyone else... you wouldn't have been called on it so many times if it weren't so incredibly obvious and true.

I think you owe some people some SINCERE apologies without throwing in casual jabs about how great you are in comparison! And I definitely think you should reconsider your position as playing a victim in this thread.
My3cents 10:43 AM 05-02-2013
I answered in bold above.

One of this biggest things I read on this forum is providers who seem to feel that this profession should be respected and viewed as a "real" job by society yet, some providers feel that it should also be a job in which we should be given free passes to do things with our families and/or outside of care hours with little or no notice to families enrolled and expect parents to come pick up their children or change their work schedules to accommodate the things we want to do just because we are the bosses and/or the ones in charge.

I truly believe parents want reliability and dependability. Not a provider who simply closes every time her own children have something going on and then expects the parents they have enrolled should just have to "deal with it" and figure out back up.

Whether you close a little, a lot or not at all for family related things is fine and dandy but no matter how often you close, it is still something that should be discussed IN DEPTH with the families you enroll BEFORE they enroll so they (the families) know if they need to be flexible at their jobs or if you are going to be available to them on a regular basis.

Providers need to let families know if they will be closing on short notice frequently or if they will always give adequate notice.
I agree with this. Just as people that work outside of the home have issues they have to deal with, I feel we provide a service that we have to be accountable for. Parent's do not understand what it is like to be a provider- Why should they? It is not their job to do that. It is our job. I totally agree with BC on this.....

Sorry you were not able to make your child's game, but you were working! Our days are longer then the working parents- no ifs and or buts about this....we have to be here when they get here and here when they come back..... You want that type of flexibility, hire someone and make sure your parents know this from the get go-

I have the hardest time the last hour of daycare- guess what I would have a hard time the last hour of any job! Plan your life around your work or make it work- UGH!

countrymom 11:48 AM 05-02-2013
I read this whole thread.

when people from the same area are posting something totally different wouldn't you as a provider want to call you licensor and find out the truth before stirring the pot. Even if it was different in the end, you can say that in your county this is what we need to follow and be done with it. If I had to choose my kids over daycare, my kids would be here and the daycare would be closed. So I think there is more to it why your dd moved out.

second, this is funny, but Michelle if you brought your kids on an outing (as mentioned above) how did you transport those kids and why are kids around people who are not fingerprinted. I clearly think that you need to sit down and talk to your licensor, because I find it odd that you can't have a repair man over.

another thing that makes me mad, is what makes you better than me. You said it yourself, I spend time on my daycare too just like every one else. But I would never come on this board and tell people that I'm an awesome provider because I do everything by the book. Thats like slapping each and every one of us in the face because we don't spend enough time on our daycare. Just because we all have different opinions on things doesn't make us bad providers.

really I like heated debates they don't last long and sometimes it feels so good to have a good argument (just like a good cry) its hard when your home by yourself all day and need to destress lol!
Michelle 12:24 PM 05-02-2013
AGAIN: when people talk about themselves, their lives, their business...they use the words"I do it this way or I do it that way"
Even Black cat said.." I don't need baby gear because "MY KIDS ARE WELL TRAINED"
Ok , now is that snarky? or rude? or I'm better than you sounding?
If I were to say that, then all of black cats friends would be all over me.. but she gets away with it. so, let's stop the Cliques and let everyone talk without worrying about how they will be treated.

This issue has been resolved but people want to keep adding to the drama.

It's not like I was saying" well licensing said I can keep a loaded shotgun on my kitchen table" My goodness!!! I was defending what I was told, I was told wrong at least 10 times by licensing...Why would I put myself through this if I wasn't positive about it?

Let's just move on ok?
Blackcat31 12:31 PM 05-02-2013
AGAIN: when people talk about themselves, their lives, their business...they use the words"I do it this way or I do it that way"
Even Black cat said.." I don't need baby gear because "MY KIDS ARE WELL TRAINED"
Ok , now is that snarky? or rude? or I'm better than you sounding?
If I were to say that, then all of black cats friends would be all over me.. but she gets away with it. so, let's stop the Cliques and let everyone talk without worrying about how they will be treated.

This issue has been resolved but people want to keep adding to the drama.

It's not like I was saying" well licensing said I can keep a loaded shotgun on my kitchen table" My goodness!!! I was defending what I was told, I was told wrong at least 10 times by licensing...Why would I put myself through this if I wasn't positive about it?

Let's just move on ok?
NOT sure why you are now dragging me into this but if MY comment offended you, say so and I will gladly apologize for it...as I didn't mean it to sound that way.

You are now implying that I have some sort of "clique" going on here and will have my "friends" get on you about things if you say something....

WHERE is this coming from???? and why can't you simply admit that you WERE offensive to some members and apologize for it......whether you meant it that way or not.

Good grief.....I am sorry you feel as though you can't say what you mean or find the right words but it still doesn't change the fact that you said a few things that WERE offensive and people called you out on it.

Now, you are trying to make this about me.....good grief.

Did you NOT even read what I wrote to you in your apology thread?????????

I can see why Crystal has chosen to leave this forum now.
countrymom 12:35 PM 05-02-2013
sorry but I'm in no clique, and I march to my own drum. I call it as I see it.

black cat, can I be in your clique lol!!
Michelle 12:39 PM 05-02-2013
NOT sure why you are now dragging me into this but if MY comment offended you, say so and I will gladly apologize for it...as I didn't mean it to sound that way.

You are now implying that I have some sort of "clique" going on here and will have my "friends" get on you about things if you say something....

WHERE is this coming from???? and why can't you simply admit that you WERE offensive to some members and apologize for it......whether you meant it that way or not.

Good grief.....I am sorry you feel as though you can't say what you mean or find the right words but it still doesn't change the fact that you said a few things that WERE offensive and people called you out on it.

Now, you are trying to make this about me.....good grief.

Did you NOT even read what I wrote to you in your apology thread?????????

I can see why Crystal has chosen to leave this forum now.
I was using it as an example of how some people can say what ever they want to and some people can't... when i first read it... I let it go because that is how I am!
as far as my daughter goes... we had our biggest disagreements about the "no friend here" and at that time I was a 24 hour daycare..
She now lives right next door ( we own 3 houses) and she is here all the time, eating, talkin non stop and she is my best assistant and now 2 of her friends are fingerprinted and are my assistants too. her friends that are not ... visit her at home
Blackcat31 12:53 PM 05-02-2013
I was using it as an example of how some people can say what ever they want to and some people can't... when i first read it... I let it go because that is how I am!
IN post #240 I said: "I KNOW I have been offensive to others and said things I shouldn't have and if/when it is brought to my attention, I will absolutely apologize if I hurt someone's feelings but I won't make excuses and simply continue offending them."

Which clearly states I will gladly apologize IF it is brought to my attention.

If you were offended by something I said and chose to let it go and not say something about it, then that's on YOU!!!

There is NO way I can apologize for something I don't know I did.

THAT is the difference. I didn't know I offended you but others were VERY open about the fact that you DID offend them and stated it several times in the thread.

You did apologize (I think) but did so in a private thread where NOT everyone who was part of this thread had access to read or see.

Your comments implying there is some sort of clique here is absolutely insulting and unnecessary!!!!

The comment "some people can say what ever they want to and some people can't" is also IMHO, a ridiculous statement and again HIGHLY offensive.

This is a public forum and people can say whatever they want but one thing they should do is take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for what they say and own up to it.

I have offended LOTS of people here and never on purpose and certainly not with the intention of hurting or belittling them.

I have owned my actions and words and apologized if I did any of those things.

I owned my actions WITHOUT excuses.

...and for what it's worth....I don't have a clique. I am a ONE woman show and prefer to work alone!!
Crystal 01:01 PM 05-02-2013
The difference between you and BC is that she doesn’t make it personal. In this thread alone you have:

Offended providers, insinuating that those who do not do field trips are doing the children a disservice in this post:

This is one of the things that family daycare is all about.
If you don't want your child apart of a wonderful family and to be treated like a unique and special part of someones family.. then get a nanny or put them in a cookie cutter center.. at the center , they will get their diapers changed, be fed, and come home with crafts but I have seen the sad look in kids eyes that come from these type of places... but they won't transport your kid and you can rest assured he will not be in a car crash.

Offending those who use bus service to take children on trips, implying that they are putting children in danger and also implying that you are better because you don’t in this post:

Side note... I would NEVER take my dck's on a city bus... I would not take my own kids on one. We are suppose to keep our kids from potential child abusers and you don't know who is on that bus.. they are not seat belted in,also being on the bus doesn't "magically" make other drivers drive better... The no seat belts and car seats scare me the most..also.

Implying that another provider, who provided you with FACTS, is lying in this post:

Absolutely not true and very dangerous information..
I would never allow a repairman in my home with the kids present!

When asked by that provider if you were implying she was lying, implied that she was “misinformed” even though she posted the FACTS for you in this post:

Originally Posted by Crystal
Are you calling me a liar?
no, just misinformed

Implied that two members just willy-nilly let people hang out randomly and that you are above them/that in this post:

So, yes I would rather follow the rules to the letter than to say to a licenser..." well Bubba is here to fix my sink because Nan's toilet exploded everywhere and she did it! "or Crystal says I can have an array of people here around these kids because she said "as long as it is for a good reason"

Nope, not going to happen! I would not do that to these kids, my own daughter, or my business!

Implied that providers who do not take children on field trips are incapable of doing so in this post:

we are just really good at what we do.. it's no hassle at all for me..

Talked “down” to a provider in this post, in response to her saying THANK YOU for your response:

why are you happy?
This is terrible news for children in daycare.
This means any family daycare provider can just invite whoever they want over and hang out... not everyone is as careful as we are.
This should be very sad news for you, Crystal

And were argumentative THROUGHOUT the thread, even when it was proven to you that you were the one who was "misinformed"

I will tell you why BlackCat has a "following" around here. She is polite, considerate, thoughtful with her posting, and, when she is wrong, she OWNS it. She doesn't get defensive and argue every little thing, she doesn't offend and insult other members.

So, hey, if she has a clique, can I get an invite?

Michelle 01:58 PM 05-02-2013
I am choosing to not post anymore on this thread:

I have better things to do
I have beautiful children to take care of
I have 6 of my own children that need my attention, energy, and good mood
I have a lot to look forward to
My baby will be coming home from Kuwait in 4 weeks.(hopefully)
He is taking me to Hawaii and I have to protect myself now from any negative people trying to bring me down and make me feel bad about myself
When enough people tell you that you are a bad person.. you start to believe it and I am so tired of this... I think I deserve better
Thank you to all my true friends that pm me in support!

I will post on other threads

Unregistered 02:02 PM 05-02-2013
Wow....so dramatic. Seriously? People are telling you that YOU are bad person?
You still cannot figure out what YOU said that made people feel like you were telling them THEY were BAD?

Okay, whatever.

Have a great day
Blackcat31 02:22 PM 05-02-2013

I have to protect myself now from any negative people trying to bring me down and make me feel bad about myself
When enough people tell you that you are a bad person.. you start to believe it and I am so tired of this... I think I deserve better
Are you for real?!?!?

YOU insult me and then try to turn it around and say I am negative and trying to bring you down?!?!!?!?

You've got a lot of nerve!?!?!?

I guess that means I won't be allowed to be in your clique of "real friends".

Oh, well. I am DONE trying to be supportive to you.
sharlan 02:33 PM 05-02-2013
IMHO, it is time to lock this thread and call it over.
MyAngels 02:45 PM 05-02-2013

I have to protect myself now from any negative people trying to bring me down and make me feel bad about myself

I will post on other threads
Wow, up until your last couple of posts I had at least a modicum of sympathy for you, but really, you just need to get over yourself already.
Lyss 02:46 PM 05-02-2013
Holy Pity Party Batman. I don't see any villagers with pitch forks so no need to be so dramatic.

Sometimes in life we have to take a deep breath and think how what we just said may have come off differently than intended. If we screwed up or offended someone on accident, two words can get us out of the hole we dug. If it was on purpose? Well then you better be able to handle the backlash or not say anything at all.

I may not always agree with everyone here (what fun would that be?) but I still everyone and appreciate their perspectives.
Blackcat31 03:34 PM 05-02-2013
Originally Posted by sharlan:
IMHO, it is time to lock this thread and call it over.
You are right Sharlan.

It needs to be done and over.

It has most definitely gotten out of hand and become personal.

I would like to publically apologize to the forum members for my anger.

It is not often I get angry about something.

But then again, it isn't often that I am so rudely insulted by someone I was trying to support.

Either way, I apologize to the readers and members of the forum for my harshness and angry outburst.

I meant what I said but could definitely have said it in a much nicer way.

Must be the crazy weather....we should be having mid 50-60 degree temps but instead have snow, rain, sleet and ice and I am shoveling instead of mowing.
Tags:parents thread
1 2 3
Reply Up