Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Car Sick"
sahm2three 06:51 AM 07-08-2011
I am sure you have gotten that one. I am already on the phone calling parents because the case of "car sick" that their little guy had yesterday has carried over today with a fever. Ugh. Fantastic. Why can't parents just do their job and STAY HOME with their sick kids!?
SilverSabre25 07:02 AM 07-08-2011
I've never gotten that one from a daycare parent, but when my DD was 2.5 I got it from my in-laws.

We (DH, DD, and I) rode with them (MIL, FIL, BIL) 500 miles/8 hours to visit their family. DD was still rear-facing in her car seat, something that confused MIL to no end, and bothered her a lot despite my explaining WHY and even showing her the crash test videos of forward-facing vs. rear-facing. Anyway, at the very end of the trip as we were pulling into a mall for dinner with family, DD started to cry. As we were getting out of the car, she climbed into my lap and then promptly vomited all over me and all over herself. MIL insisted that she was just car sick from facing backwards all day. Nope, DD was sick. She had some sort of stomach virus that lasted 24 hours. Car sick does not last 24 hours, but MIL spent the whole weekend insisting that DD was just car sick that whole time.
nannyde 07:22 AM 07-08-2011
Vomiting for any reason means a day of exclusion. It could be car sickness, something they ate, dehydration, or it could be stomach flu. The fact that it COULD be stomach flu is enough for the exclusion.
Tags:dope and drop, drug and drop, illness policy, transportation
Reply Up