Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2 3 4 
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Someone I Don't Know Is Living In My Home!
Tdhmom 09:23 AM 05-21-2014
Quite a few are worried that this story is false...I don't really care to be honest. It's a change of the usual "daycare is the one thing that is going to make me pull my hair out". It's a fun story. Makes ya think. What would you do if this was going on? For most of the reasons listed above is probably why she is staying logged out (even though I think she logged in and commented a while up, even if it was on accident). If someone finds out she feels this way and happens to be a client...those kids would most likely be pulled immediately.

If it is true...I would be a nervous wreck all of the time! I'm the type of person that when I turn off my downstairs lights I am RUNNING up the stairs because there is most likely a serial killer chasing me with a knife it's my imagination but almost every night that's where my thoughts go

SO good luck and I really hope you figure out what is going on!!
craftymissbeth 09:25 AM 05-21-2014
Originally Posted by Tdhmom:
Quite a few are worried that this story is false...I don't really care to be honest. It's a change of the usual "daycare is the one thing that is going to make me pull my hair out". It's a fun story. Makes ya think. What would you do if this was going on? For most of the reasons listed above is probably why she is staying logged out (even though I think she logged in and commented a while up, even if it was on accident). If someone finds out she feels this way and happens to be a client...those kids would most likely be pulled immediately.

If it is true...I would be a nervous wreck all of the time! I'm the type of person that when I turn off my downstairs lights I am RUNNING up the stairs because there is most likely a serial killer chasing me with a knife it's my imagination but almost every night that's where my thoughts go

SO good luck and I really hope you figure out what is going on!!

That's how I am, too. I like to leave my shower curtain open, ya know, so murderers can't hide behind it
daycaremum 10:06 AM 05-21-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
I have never visited an Internet forum where I knew anyone. And as much as I dearly care for all of the members here, there's absolutely no way to know who is truthful and who isn't regardless of whether they post as a registered member or not. There's no reason for her to prove the story's true or to give credibility to the story. Either you want to give her CONSTRUCTIVE advice relavent to her situation or you honestly can just ignore this post and move on.

With that said, OP, I feel for you. I've experienced enough craziness to know that I have ghosts in my home. My house was built in 1918 so who knows what's happened here. I do know that in the early 90s a woman hanged herself in the garage... just a few years before my parents bought it. I was alone one night and sleeping and "someone" spit a giant, smelly loogie in my face!

I don't anyone on any forums either, posting as registered wouldn't definitively make me believe someone, it's just slightly more credible than posting as anonymous.
You know, I'm allowed to express my opinion and ask for clarification just like everyone else posting on here.
And to get on me about asking her why she didn't sign in as registered.......Boy, if I wanted to waste my time counting up how many times other posters have asked someone why they were posting as anonymous in other threads, well let's just say it happens ALL THE TIME!!!!
I am by no means criticizing just thinking out loud about whether I believed this to be a true post or not, and asking some questions that I wanted to know more about.
You will also notice that I also said I hope she got it cleared up soon as she must be scared.....
Instead of commenting on my post, comment on the OP's post. Or do whatever you like, it's an open forum for people to post what they like, just as I did.
craftymissbeth 10:12 AM 05-21-2014
Originally Posted by daycaremum:
I don't anyone on any forums either, posting as registered wouldn't definitively make me believe someone, it's just slightly more credible than posting as anonymous.
You know, I'm allowed to express my opinion and ask for clarification just like everyone else posting on here.
And to get on me about asking her why she didn't sign in as registered.......Boy, if I wanted to waste my time counting up how many times other posters have asked someone why they were posting as anonymous in other threads, well let's just say it happens ALL THE TIME!!!!
I am by no means criticizing just thinking out loud about whether I believed this to be a true post or not, and asking some questions that I wanted to know more about.
You will also notice that I also said I hope she got it cleared up soon as she must be scared.....
Instead of commenting on my post, comment on the OP's post. Or do whatever you like, it's an open forum for people to post what they like, just as I did.
Me too.
daycaremum 11:41 AM 05-21-2014
Me too.

That's why you'll notice I posted, "or do whatever you like...."
NightOwl 12:09 PM 05-21-2014
I confess I still jump to my bed after watching a scary movie because there's definitely a monster under there.... I'm 37 btw.
sahm1225 12:25 PM 05-21-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
I confess I still jump to my bed after watching a scary movie because there's definitely a monster under there.... I'm 37 btw.
Me too and I'm 33! I still leave all the lights on when my DH has to work late.

Here are some ideas:
The missing food - someone forgot they ate it or ate it while sleep walking

The things moved around - could it be the dog moving things or the wind when the dog runs around that is moving things?

When I was little our church told us that the devil/spirits can only hear your words and not read your mind, so if you were ever afraid you were supposed to say 'diablo te repriendo' which translated says "devil, I reprimand you'. But basically tells them to leave you alone.
CraftyMom 12:40 PM 05-21-2014
I'm leaning toward spirits. The only thing saying it isn't is the Burger King bag, which may have been there and no one noticed it before, or may have been moved from somewhere else, or maybe it was your daughter's.

I know I have spirits, and the activity comes in spurts.

It may be a person though, and that would be creepier to me

You could try to "talk" to the person by leaving a note where you think they will be, like taped onto the cabinets or something. Ask them why they are there, what their intentions are, etc. Let them know that their secretive ways are creeping you and your family out. Ask if there is anything you can do to help their situation. Ask if it just that they need a place to stay. You could also ask them to leave. Not likely they will respond to any of this, but it doesn't cost anything.
Tdhmom 12:51 PM 05-21-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
I'm leaning toward spirits. The only thing saying it isn't is the Burger King bag, which may have been there and no one noticed it before, or may have been moved from somewhere else, or maybe it was your daughter's.

I know I have spirits, and the activity comes in spurts.

It may be a person though, and that would be creepier to me

You could try to "talk" to the person by leaving a note where you think they will be, like taped onto the cabinets or something. Ask them why they are there, what their intentions are, etc. Let them know that their secretive ways are creeping you and your family out. Ask if there is anything you can do to help their situation. Ask if it just that they need a place to stay. You could also ask them to leave. Not likely they will respond to any of this, but it doesn't cost anything.
I'm curious....what kind of activity goes on???
Unregistered 01:34 PM 05-21-2014
Re: my children need jobs.

My older daughter is in her 3rd year of college and lives an hour away. She comes home to visit occasion. She has worked since she was 12 years old. She started working for and with my sister cleaning houses then was a busser at a restaurant, then was a karate instructor. Then we moved back north, where we are now and she worked for her father cleaning boat parts and doing paperwork at his shop. At that time, we lived close to his shop and she could walk to work. After she started driving, she worked at McDonalds. Her money has been for her to go out with her friends (roller skating, movies, etc.), buy clothes, whatever she wanted. Things that I would not have been able to pay for. Now that she is grown and lives with her boyfriend, of course her money goes towards her house hold needs and occasional outings.

My younger daughter (16 yrs old) has tried to get a job, but because of my daycare hours, I can't get her back and forth to work. She will be able to drive when school starts next year, so she will be able to get a job then. Her father was verbally abusive to her and threatened her bodily harm since she was 3 years old, so she doesn't feel comfortable being around him too often. So she won't work for him. Plus we have moved and live too far away for her to walk to his shop now.

Due to her father being abusive to her, she has always (since 3 yrs old) been afraid to be by herself too long or after dark. Now that we have lived here and she has experienced weird things here, that adds to her fear of being left alone, especially of being alone after dark. She is talking to a counselor about her issues.

My ex doesn't want to be bothered by my daughter or I needing him to help by giving my daughter a ride (she's in sports, she ALWAYS needs a ride in the evenings and often on Saturday too). Since she's afraid of being alone too long, she often gets scared and wants to go to a friends house, or I will take her to a friends' house before I go to work, but she has to get a ride home.

My ex will cuss me out and threaten me if he has to be bothered because I am at work in the evenings or weekends.

So, between my daughter being scared and my ex going off on me, it's not worth me trying to go out to work evenings and weekends. I do occasionally get some evening/weekend daycare kids. But there's not much of a need for that here.

My ex always tells me to go out and get a REAL JOB out of the house. I did that when I moved and had to wait for a new daycare license. I worked a couple of different day jobs trying to get more income and better hours. If I have 2 daycare kids, I make as much as I would going out to work. Plus if I do home daycare, whenever necessary, I can hire my substitute to work for me so I can take my daughter to the doctor/dentist, go up to her school to deal with issues there, etc. So, I make more money and am able to be a mother at the same time if I do daycare. I made less money going out to work and the bosses didn't like me having to take off work to go to my daughter's school, to take her to doctors, the dentist, etc.

I am not stupid and I am not lazy. I am a single mother with pretty much no help from anyone. I have to be full time mother at the same time I am employed full time. My younger daughter has a handful of issues anxiety, depression, unable to sleep at night, anger issues, etc. Most of her issues have to do with the crap her father has put us through. For a couple of years, she told me that she does not want him to be able to get her from school because she was so afraid of being with him alone. He has MAJOR anger issues. Now, she is comfortable to be with him on a slim occasion.

So, I need to stick with doing home daycare during the day and being mom in the evenings and weekends and figure out how to make whatever income I get from my daycare stretch as much as possible. That way my daughter is taken care of and my ex is left alone.
Unregistered 02:46 PM 05-21-2014
We have had all sorts of activity go on.

Before we even moved in, the house was empty for about 2 months. My neighbors said they heard what sounded like a bowling ball being rolled across the upstairs bedroom floors (they are hardwood floors). They say they never saw anyone going in or out of the house.

When we moved in, we piled a bunch of my older daughter's stuff into her room. We all crashed on the mattresses that we threw on the floor in the bigger room next to her room. We all kept hearing her wooden bed slats hitting each other as if someone was bumping into them. But every time we looked in the room, no one was in the room. We also made sure to find the pets (2 cats and 1 dog) none of them were in the room either. So, what was making the bed slats hit each other?

My front house door has been unlocked in the morning when I know I had locked it the night before and my kids said they didn't touch the door overnight. I am a very lenient mother with allowing my kids out late and allowing them to have friends/boyfriends over late. There would be no need for them to lie to me about someone coming or going late at night.

My older daughter heard a female call her dog by name and tell him "you're okay, you're okay". When no one was in the house but her.

My older daughter was dead asleep late at night in the basement, I was up late in the living room doing school work. All of the sudden, she came racing up the steps, her dog following after her, and she was screaming her head off. She said that she was asleep but woke up because she felt like someone was watching her. As soon as she looked to the foot of her bed, she saw a dark shadow of a person walking straight toward the foot of the bed. So she jumped up, screamed and ran upstairs. Now, her dog was laying on the floor right beside her bed and he didn't act like anything happened. He just followed his 'mommy' up the stairs. I immediately went downstairs and looked everywhere, checked the door and windows. I couldn't find anyone or anything, and the door and windows were locked. What did she see? And what made her feel like someone was watching her? And why didn't the dog see/hear/smell anything?

Food has been removed from the pantry numerous times (there is no door on our pantry, really it's just open shelves). And everyone in the house swears that they didn't take/eat that item.

Oh, here's a weird one... My older daughter's bed belongs with the headboard against the far left wall in the basement. Her dog crate belongs about 5 feet in front of the bottom of the basement steps butted up against the front wall. One morning, I opened the basement door because I was going to do laundry. I opened the door and looked down to start going down the steps and I saw at the bottom of the steps was my older daughter's bed lined up perfectly with the bottom wall of the stairwell, and her dog crate was placed at the very bottom of the steps!!! The bed and crate were placed where they completely blocked off the bottom of the stairwell from the basement! From my bedroom upstairs, I can hear things in the basement if they are loud enough. My daughter's headboard and footboard are metal. That room in the basement has a concrete floor with tile on top of the concrete. If you slide the bed across the floor, I would DEFINATELY hear it from my bedroom. In order not to slide the bed, you would need two people to pick the entire bed up at once to move it. I didn't hear anything at all the night that the bed and dog crate were moved! So, who or what moved the bed and crate? And why didn't I hear them being moved through the vent in my bedroom?

We often hear whispering from the basement. Typically we can't make out the words. Last night, I specifically heard a female say, " Just get in the house" But honestly, I was too scared to go to the basement in the middle of the night last night! So I didn't investigate. Without me saying anything about that to my daughter, she told me today that she heard people whispering in the basement from her vent in her room but was too scared to come to my room last night to tell me about it. This morning, I checked out the basement and the door and windows are locked.

Things has stopped for a while, but it started up again a couple of evenings ago when my daughter and I left the house for about an hour. We left around 8pm and got home around 9pm. My daughter locked the front door deadbolt and doorknob like we always do. I actually watched her lock the door; I was waiting for her to lock the door and then give me the keys so I could drive the truck. So, she locked the door, we went out for about an hour and came home. When we came home, the door was open 1/2 inch to an inch! Who unlocked my front door? Yes, it occurred to me later that most people would have called the police if they come home and find their door unlocked. But I'm so used to weird things happening here, that it didn't even come to my mind to call the police!

Another time when my daughter and I went out in the evening... My daughter was in her room. I decided I needed to go to Walmart. I went upstairs, as I came in view of her room, she closed her sketch book and turned it upside down on her pillow. (Her sketch pad is like her diary. She draws her secrets and thoughts rather than writes them and she doesn't like anyone seeing her drawings) So, when she saw me coming to her room, she closed her book and turned it over so I wouldn't see her drawing. I asked if she wanted to go to the store with me. She said yes, and immediately got up and we left, leaving the sketch pad turned over on her pillow. When we got home, it was turned right side up and flipped open to the page she had been drawing on! Who opened her sketch book while we were out of the house?

I have seen shadows - just random dark blobs go up and down my main stairwell from the main floor to the top floor. I have seen a larger shadow in the basement. I tried to make the shadows fit with something that might have happened outside, but I couldn't figure out anything that would have made those shadows.

In the middle of the night, coming through the vent in my bedroom, I have heard, on a few occasions, what sounds like a woman wearing flat dress shoes walking up and down on my basement steps.

Oh, another weird one... Both my younger daughter and I have been laying in bed sometimes asleep and sometimes when we were awake, we have many times felt like someone of a decent weight (like an adult ) sat on the bed beside us or at our feet. Every time, we have looked for our pets and they are never around when it happens.

Another weird one... And I'm sure you will tell me that no matter what, after this one, you would have found a way to move out of here... My daughter was asleep and swears that someone shook her arm and woke her up. No one was there! That one did scare the crap out of her and me and made me mad as hell! I can put up with noises and weird things, but this time something literally had ahold of my daughter! That was one of the times that I told the spirits in the house that they are not welcome here and that in the name of God they were to leave this house and never return and to never bother or come any where near anyone or anything in this house again. We were left alone for a while.

I have waken up in the middle of the night to see what looks like a pair of red eyes in the hallway. No body, no person, just red eyes about where an average 5ft high person's eyes would be. I have also on a couple of times seen orange eyes.

My dog has never really reacted to anything happening here, but he does on occasion, for no apparent reason go to the dining room and lift his nose as straight up as high in the air as he can and sniff all around the air as if he's smelling some new strange scent. But I have checked the whole house including the basement and have never seen anything or anyone when he has done that.

The items that get moved are pretty much always on the kitchen counters or the island in the kitchen. The last thing that was moved is my bottle of liquid dish soap. A day or so ago, it had been moved from the side of the sink to the back of the sink by the sprayer.

My daughter's friends have stopped spending the night here because they would hear whispers from the basement sometimes. They are too scared to sleep here now.

That's all I can think of right now.
Unregistered 02:53 PM 05-21-2014
Oh, I just thought of another one.

A loaf of bread appeared on the pantry shelf! It was a brand that I do not buy and it was a brand new full loaf of bread! I didn't buy it. We don't usually even buy bread. We don't eat sandwiches much at all. One day, my younger daughter went into the kitchen and came right back out and asked me where this loaf of bread came from (because she knew it wasn't the brand I buy). I said, "What loaf of bread? We don't have any bread." She said, "The loaf of bread on the shelf!" So I went to the kitchen, and there it sat! A brand new loaf of bread! Who put the loaf of bread on my pantry shelf?

See, it's random weird stuff that happens here. Sometimes, it seems like spirits/ghosts/demons such as the red eyes, feeling someone sit on the bed, my daughter feeling someone shake her arm, and no one is there. Other times it seems like people such as when food is missing, we actually hear people whispering, or a loaf of bread appears in the pantry.
SilverSabre25 02:57 PM 05-21-2014
sounds almost like a poltergeist.

try a paranormal investigation if it doesn't cost anything.

Smudge/cleanse/whatever.

If you know any clergy well you could possibly ask them to come in and bless/cleanse the home.
Tdhmom 03:00 PM 05-21-2014
I'm scared for you! Holy smokes I can't imagine having to live with that stuff going on. Has your landlord had any other complaints from pervious tenants?
permanentvacation 03:02 PM 05-21-2014
I already asked my preacher (Baptist preacher). He said they don't do things like cleanse houses. He did offer to come over and bless my house though. I also called a Catholic Priest. I told him that I am Baptist, and explained my situation. He also said that they don't ward off spirits from houses, that's something that was done way in the past, he said.

I didn't bother getting my preacher to bless my house. Maybe that would help.
permanentvacation 03:14 PM 05-21-2014
I don't like my landlord and do my best not to talk to him. I don't want to sound prejudice, because I am definitely not, but he is a foreigner and treats women like crap.

I do know a little about the previous tenants from my neighbors. They were HEAVILY into drugs, the neighbors think they might have done meth. They moved out because the police did a big drug raid here. They took out bag after bag of drug paraphernalia.

I believe they were either paranoid (possibly from the drugs they did) or had reason to be scared from something. All of the bedroom doors have an extra latch to lock the doors. The one bedroom door has a pinhole in it at eye level as if someone made a peep hole to see in or out of the bedroom.
drseuss 03:20 PM 05-21-2014
That is Whacked. Out. I would be spending all of my spare time finding a different living arrangement that could accommodate your daycare and your pets. And don't tell your ex about this stuff!
Josiegirl 03:55 PM 05-21-2014
Um wow, just wow!! It gives me the heebee jeebees just reading what's been going on. I'm not sure I believe in ghosts but you've got a very active one if there is such a thing. I would definitely be getting in touch with some paranormal agency or somebody. Isn't there a TV show, ghost chasers or something like that? I'll bet they'd be very interested. But then I guess, going public wouldn't be a very good idea having a daycare to think about.
Leanna 04:02 PM 05-21-2014
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:
I already asked my preacher (Baptist preacher). He said they don't do things like cleanse houses. He did offer to come over and bless my house though. I also called a Catholic Priest. I told him that I am Baptist, and explained my situation. He also said that they don't ward off spirits from houses, that's something that was done way in the past, he said.

I didn't bother getting my preacher to bless my house. Maybe that would help.
I don't like my landlord and do my best not to talk to him. I don't want to sound prejudice, because I am definitely not, but he is a foreigner and treats women like crap.

I do know a little about the previous tenants from my neighbors. They were HEAVILY into drugs, the neighbors think they might have done meth. They moved out because the police did a big drug raid here. They took out bag after bag of drug paraphernalia.

I believe they were either paranoid (possibly from the drugs they did) or had reason to be scared from something. All of the bedroom doors have an extra latch to lock the doors. The one bedroom door has a pinhole in it at eye level as if someone made a peep hole to see in or out of the bedroom.
I am confused . Are you the OP?
permanentvacation 04:28 PM 05-21-2014
Yes, I am the OP. I accidently posted things on this thread forgetting that I had signed in under my name. I was trying to not let anyone know who I am because this stuff makes me sound crazy and I knew people would be concerned about the daycare kids' safety. But I honestly don't think any harm is going to come to anyone here. I think if whoever/whatever it is in my home wanted to hurt any of us, they would have hurt us by now.
permanentvacation 04:46 PM 05-21-2014
I have been looking into moving. Rents in my area are going up. I currently pay $1,025/month. The average rent I am finding now for a townhouse or single family house is $1,200 - $1,400/month. I have called a couple of them and told them about the pets and daycare and they were obviously not interested in renting to me.

I have also thought about going out to work and moving into an apartment. Rents in apartments are an average of $800 - $1000. But then I know I will make less money which to a degree would be okay because my rent will be cheaper. But then I will have to walk the dog in rain, sleet, hail, thunderstorm, snowstorms, etc. Yes, I have a daughter for that, but there is no way she will go out in the bad weather to walk him. Also, if I go out to work, it will put me in major physical pain every day. I have a bad ankle and can't stand up for more than 10 minutes without being in pain. With doing home daycare, I sit in my chair or on the floor most of the day. Then I have the issues with my daughter having problems at school and me having to go to the school often. She talks to the school counselor who needs me to go in to talk with her once a month. She also gets bullied at school which leads to the assistant principal calling me to the school. Then she has the doctor appointments for her headaches (tomorrow she's getting an MRI) and sleep problems. Like I said previously, bosses don't like me telling them that I have to leave work an average of once every other week for my child's issues.

I just spoke with my sister on the phone and told her that I started thinking about trying to get two part-time out of the house jobs and try to get jobs that let me sit down. If I get one job from 7:30 - 12:30 Monday - Friday and be off work from 12:30 - 6pm, then I could go to the school for problems and get my daughter from her practices and most of the games. Then work another 15 hours in the evenings up until 8pm and on the weekends. Then I could be home when it's late.

I don't know, I keep playing with ideas in my mind and trying to figure out how to make everything work for my daughter, my ex-husband, and make the income I need to make.

I think I just need to hit the lottery!
permanentvacation 06:40 PM 05-21-2014
I checked the basement again and I found a travel sized bottle of baby powder in my daughter's wardrobe. So I sprinkled some baby powder at the windows, door, and steps in the basement.
Tdhmom 08:29 PM 05-21-2014
I checked the basement again and I found a travel sized bottle of baby powder in my daughter's wardrobe. So I sprinkled some baby powder at the windows, door, and steps in the basement.
Please update us tomorrow if you find anything!
Sugar Magnolia 09:31 PM 05-21-2014
OP, you said this is a condo, right? you have changed the locks and the landlord does not have access? And you're confident the teens and friends aren't pranking you? If so, an intruder via attic or basement is your best bet. Spend a serious amount of energy investigating these areas, pull up carpet if you have to. You have looked, but go look again. Have a new set of eyes investigate your doors, windows, crawlspace, closets and basement and air vents. Have a friends that's never been there before hello you look.

Ok, I recently bought fake video monitors. They were $7 each. They look exactly like the real deal, with the dome, the moving lens that is motion activated, red light comes on....everything. The plastic sign that says under 24 hour surveillance was $5. And the "monitoring company" window clings and yard sign was $10. I bought them all locally. If you bought 3 fake domes, the sign and the other warning accessories, you are looking at a $36 investment. I know you are broke until Friday, but honestly, I would not buy them Friday......

......and here's why. You have other pressing financial issues, like a negative bank account, food, gas, rent probably due on the first, utilities, etc. I would try to just be vigilant and have a phone and tire iron close at hand. You must sleep, work, go about your life.

I don't care if you are registered or not, or if your story is real or fake. You are a person behind that keyboard. I read this and felt you deserved good rapport. I hope I provided that here.

Side note. Ghosts, Schmosts. I think a paranormal reading for a rented apartment would be about #456217 on my list of priorities.

Ladies and Gents of the Forum......remember we are all purveyors of peace, respect and kindness in our line of work.

Michael 11:09 PM 05-21-2014
Originally Posted by drseuss:
That is Whacked. Out. I would be spending all of my spare time finding a different living arrangement that could accommodate your daycare and your pets. And don't tell your ex about this stuff!
This is what I am thinking ^

The fact that OP is writing as a member now and extensively recounting her experiences makes me think she is really going through all of this. I would be willing to purchase the night vision hunting camera for her (I want picture copies if it catches anything ). What do you all think?

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=3413551

coolconfidentme 03:16 AM 05-22-2014
When I was in my early 20s & lived in an apartment, we has things come up missing & moved around. A cupcake eaten, a few fish gone, some of my husbands clothes missing, etc. Every week it was something. We didn't have cameras back then, but I had the next best thing, a nosy older lady living next door. I asked her keep an eye on our place. It turned out to be our maintenance man. He was fired shortly after we turned him in to the apt complex. I totally forgot about this until I was telling a friend about this story.

It very well may be your landlord. You may think he doesn't have access, but I will assure you he does. I'm now a landlord & I have access to all of my houses. The law required me to in case of an emergency. I most definitely would get a camera. Whoever is doing it, is doing it illegally. Good luck.
NeedaVaca 03:31 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by Michael:

The fact that OP is writing as a member now and extensively recounting her experiences makes me think she is really going through all of this. I would be willing to purchase the night vision hunting camera for her (I want picture copies if it catches anything ). What do you all think?

Wow, that's very nice!
permanentvacation 04:21 AM 05-22-2014
I checked the powder in the basement first thing this morning. But there's no foot prints. However, neither my daughter nor I heard anything last night.
permanentvacation 04:31 AM 05-22-2014
Michael,

Thank you. That's a nice offer. I will be alright. It's been going on for 2 years and hasn't killed us yet. We just lose a lot of sleep! I'm sure we'll be okay. I'll either catch someone/something or give up trying to catch them and just keep living with it/them.
permanentvacation 04:37 AM 05-22-2014
Sugar Magnolia,

You are right about my finances. I have to pay my bank account up, and I had to have my helper work twice this week due to taking my daughter to doctors. I only have 4 kids right now, so I don't make much money. I think instead of the cameras, this week I will buy the cheap door and window alarms. Once I get my finances back on track, I'll buy the 2 cameras for $120. Hopefully that will be next week.

I keep telling myself that I need to start sitting in the basement at night to see if I can catch someone. I'm just too scared to do that! Plus since this happens so randomly, I might be staying up all night for a month before someone shows up!
CraftyMom 06:25 AM 05-22-2014

Awesome!

They need peace of mind!
TaylorTots 06:50 AM 05-22-2014

If it ran for a couple weeks I am sure it would catch anybody coming and going. If nothing happens in a week you can pretty much say it's not a person coming/going.
craftymissbeth 06:55 AM 05-22-2014
Michael,

Thank you. That's a nice offer. I will be alright. It's been going on for 2 years and hasn't killed us yet. We just lose a lot of sleep! I'm sure we'll be okay. I'll either catch someone/something or give up trying to catch them and just keep living with it/them.
PV, I've been in your corner this whole time, but I'm confused why you won't accept Michael's generous offer? I would think if you were truly concerned about a stranger coming into your home then you'd want this figured out. For all you know, this person is harming you in some way... how would you be sure they're not filming you guys or doing something inappropriate?
Unregistered 07:14 AM 05-22-2014
Craftymissbeth,

I will buy a camera in a week or so after I get my money together. I don't even know Michael. He shouldn't have to pay for anything to help me. I don't even know how to type this... I just keep saying "ummm" to myself... I am not the type to get help from especially financial help or someone buying something for me or loaning something to me... It's weird to me to even think of someone actually offering something like that. The type of help I am used to getting is more along the lines of asking a teenager that has known my older daughter and me for years to come over and help me carry something heavy, or come look for someone in my house with me. But people (especially people I don't know) don't loan me anything or buy anything for me. I am used to doing everything on my own. My ex does some things here and there for me that ex's typically don't do. Like he fixed the water heater for me. But for the most part, I have taken care of almost everything for myself since I was a kid. I took care of everything for my children (even when we were married) other than paying the bills. My husband worked and paid the bills, I took care of everything else. I'm not used to others helping me and obviously don't know how to react or respond if someone offers to help me.
Tdhmom 07:16 AM 05-22-2014
PV, I've been in your corner this whole time, but I'm confused why you won't accept Michael's generous offer? I would think if you were truly concerned about a stranger coming into your home then you'd want this figured out. For all you know, this person is harming you in some way... how would you be sure they're not filming you guys or doing something inappropriate?
I would say pride. I would be the same way. I would feel horrible if someone bought that for me even though their intentions were completely generous!!!!
permanentvacation 07:18 AM 05-22-2014
I forgot to log in last time.

I didn't mean to get literal help (financial help or borrow items) here, I just wanted to get ideas on how to catch someone or if it's spiritual thing how to get it to stop. And to be able to express my fear and concerns to someone instead of keeping them inside because these noises and activity in my house is getting to me.
CraftyMom 07:26 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Craftymissbeth,

I will buy a camera in a week or so after I get my money together. I don't even know Michael. He shouldn't have to pay for anything to help me. I don't even know how to type this... I just keep saying "ummm" to myself... I am not the type to get help from especially financial help or someone buying something for me or loaning something to me... It's weird to me to even think of someone actually offering something like that. The type of help I am used to getting is more along the lines of asking a teenager that has known my older daughter and me for years to come over and help me carry something heavy, or come look for someone in my house with me. But people (especially people I don't know) don't loan me anything or buy anything for me. I am used to doing everything on my own. My ex does some things here and there for me that ex's typically don't do. Like he fixed the water heater for me. But for the most part, I have taken care of almost everything for myself since I was a kid. I took care of everything for my children (even when we were married) other than paying the bills. My husband worked and paid the bills, I took care of everything else. I'm not used to others helping me and obviously don't know how to react or respond if someone offers to help me.
I totally understand! I also am one to do things myself. But it's ok to accept help! Especially in this case, you NEED to get to the bottom of this for your sanity and safety. Everyone needs a little help sometimes. It doesn't mean you aren't capable of helping yourself. It is just a kind gesture from a "friend".

You may not know Michael, but you also don't know the person that is living in your home that is uninvited, unwanted and freaking you out! And they need to be gone!
NightOwl 07:27 AM 05-22-2014
I understand completely pv. I'm the same way. Too independent and stubborn to accept help! I think everyone here just wants you to have it soooo much, that we're kind of hoping you'll accept the offer. But it's totally understandable to me if you don't.
Tdhmom 07:29 AM 05-22-2014
I understand completely pv. I'm the same way. Too independent and stubborn to accept help! I think everyone here just wants you to have it soooo much, that we're kind of hoping you'll accept the offer. But it's totally understandable to me if you don't.

permanentvacation 07:32 AM 05-22-2014
tdhmom,

I don't that it's pride. I think it's just that it's such a foreign concept to me. When I was married, I would ask my husband for advice, his opinion, etc. he always just told me to decide myself and do it myself. He would give me whatever money I needed for it, but I had to decide what to do, which item to buy, how to arrange everything, what to do regarding the children, everything, I had to decide and figure out on my own except the money. Since we've been divorced, I've had to figure out the money part (for the most part) as well. I'm just not used to anyone helping me.

Typically I brain storm with my sister or tell a situation to someone at church or a daycare parent, but they just help me by giving me a suggestion or idea. I don't get handouts, loans, or actual help, I just ask for ideas on occasion and then I decide what idea to go with and then figure out how to make the idea work.
craftymissbeth 07:34 AM 05-22-2014
Craftymissbeth,

Sorry, you shouldn't have to explain why you don't want to accept it. I just want you to have it SO bad!
NightOwl 07:41 AM 05-22-2014
Sorry, you shouldn't have to explain why you don't want to accept it. I just want you to have it SO bad!
Right!? We're anxious FOR YOU! We want you to have a resolution so you can sleep at night.
permanentvacation 07:56 AM 05-22-2014
Thank you for being concerned for me. Hopefully I will catch someone or figure out what is doing all this soon.

I might just try to make myself sit in the basement a few nights.

I just called the police and told them I believe someone comes in my basement on random nights. I told them that I have had the police, my nephew, and a couple of neighborhood guys help me try to find an intruder and we never can. So my thought was to sit in the basement with a flare gun. I don't own a real gun. And if someone sneaks into my home I would at least have a way of protecting myself if they attack me. The police man said that by my state's law, I can not shoot an intruder! I was like, EXCUSE ME!!??? If I'm sitting in my house minding my own business and someone breaks in, I can't shoot them? I don't know, maybe I'm wrong here, but I think I should be able to!

I don't think I would have the courage to sit in the basement with no way of defending myself and just sit there like a sitting duck. I am 240 pounds of raw fat. I have a bad knee and bad ankle. I can't out run anyone and I can't out fight anyone. I would have to sit there with a gun or if they attack me, I'm just going to be killed!

I think I will just wait until I can buy a camera in a week or so.
permanentvacation 08:40 AM 05-22-2014
Oh, a baby monitor. I just thought about it and looked up Walmart online. They have cheap $15-20 baby monitors. It's not a visual recording. But I could put a baby monitor in the basement and then I could probably hear them better if someone is down there.

So, this weekend, I will look into getting a cheap baby monitor and the door and window alarms from Walmart and some more baby powder. I don't want to use flour (it's food). I don't want to attract mice or bugs.
NeedaVaca 08:43 AM 05-22-2014
I hear you on the pride thing, I totally get it. Here's a random thought-use it, solve your problem. Then pass it on to another member! First one that comes to mind is crazydaycarelady! She could finally figure out who is destroying her yard lol It could be a "pay it forward" security camera
Cradle2crayons 09:04 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
I hear you on the pride thing, I totally get it. Here's a random thought-use it, solve your problem. Then pass it on to another member! First one that comes to mind is crazydaycarelady! She could finally figure out who is destroying her yard lol It could be a "pay it forward" security camera
That's an AWESOME idea!!! I second this motion lol.
CraftyMom 09:15 AM 05-22-2014

Luna 09:21 AM 05-22-2014

SilverSabre25 10:50 AM 05-22-2014
Oh, a baby monitor. I just thought about it and looked up Walmart online. They have cheap $15-20 baby monitors. It's not a visual recording. But I could put a baby monitor in the basement and then I could probably hear them better if someone is down there.

So, this weekend, I will look into getting a cheap baby monitor and the door and window alarms from Walmart and some more baby powder. I don't want to use flour (it's food). I don't want to attract mice or bugs.
try cornstarch. i don't think bugs are attracted to it and it's cheap.
TaylorTots 11:04 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
try cornstarch. i don't think bugs are attracted to it and it's cheap.
Or baking soda and it'll deodorize your basement for you too.

Most baby monitors have a glow in the dark light. Just a thought.
KiddieCahoots 11:16 AM 05-22-2014
Wow!!! Gone from the forum a few days, and look what you can miss!!!
The red eyes part is raising the hair on the back of my neck, and totally freaking me out!
Michael's offer is so nice! And passing it on if it's hard for you to except gifts is a good solution. Even though I feel your completely justified to except any help that comes your way for this bizarre situation. Peace of mind is important, don't short change yourself!
Second Home 11:38 AM 05-22-2014
If I'm sitting in my house minding my own business and someone breaks in, I can't shoot them?

Ummm , I do not think this is true . I have so many friends ( some military ) who all own guns ( of many types ) for home protection and they have never said anything even close to this , many even belong to shooting ranges who are up on all the gun laws . Maybe it was the sitting and waiting for them that would be against the law , like you were planning on shooting them . Not a spur of the moment I have to save myself shooting .
e.j. 11:44 AM 05-22-2014
II didn't mean to get literal help (financial help or borrow items) here, I just wanted to get ideas on how to catch someone or if it's spiritual thing how to get it to stop.
Have you tried sleeping with the lights on? I know it sounds crazy but we started sleeping with the hall light on after we experienced a few things that we couldn't explain - most of which was happening in the late night/early morning hours. Things seemed to quiet down once we started doing that. It gives us just enough light to be able to see around our rooms but not keep us awake at night. If nothing else, it gave us peace of mind knowing if we heard or sensed something, we could look to see that all was ok.
Jack Sprat 11:45 AM 05-22-2014

That is what I was thinking! Michael is paying it forward and you can too!

I would be scared ***less if I was going through all this.

I hope and pray everything works out for you, your kids and daycare kids!
Childminder 12:00 PM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by :
I might just try to make myself sit in the basement a few nights.

I just called the police and told them I believe someone comes in my basement on random nights. I told them that I have had the police, my nephew, and a couple of neighborhood guys help me try to find an intruder and we never can. So my thought was to sit in the basement with a flare gun. I don't own a real gun. And if someone sneaks into my home I would at least have a way of protecting myself if they attack me. The police man said that by my state's law, I can not shoot an intruder! I was like, EXCUSE ME!!??? If I'm sitting in my house minding my own business and someone breaks in, I can't shoot them? I don't know, maybe I'm wrong here, but I think I should be able to!

I don't think I would have the courage to sit in the basement with no way of defending myself and just sit there like a sitting duck. I am 240 pounds of raw fat. I have a bad knee and bad ankle. I can't out run anyone and I can't out fight anyone. I would have to sit there with a gun or if they attack me, I'm just going to be killed!

I think I will just wait until I can buy a camera in a week or so.
I'd google that and see here in MI were can shoot someone if they illegally enter our home. Our neighbor is a former police officer and he said shoot the F#$%@& and if he's on your porch drag him inside.

Maybe a can of mace or pepper spray or borrow someones paintball gun and hope he cant get the paint off right away.
Childminder 12:03 PM 05-22-2014
I wish you were closer or PM me your address and I can send you some baby monitors I never use. I have them in a box to donate I never use them now that I installed security cameras.
permanentvacation 12:47 PM 05-22-2014
Okay, so Michael is going to buy a security camera for the group here and we'll pass it along to each other as needed. There we go. See, we figured this out for everyone!

As far as shooting an intruder in my home here in Maryland, I think I would be able to shoot an intruder if and after they attack me and I am afraid for and fighting my life. I bet they would have to be armed as well.

Sleeping with the lights on... OH YEAH!! We've slept many nights with every light in the house on! We've all slept on the living room floor together ( my daughters and I) so we were close to the front door if we needed to run out of the house quickly. I always keep either the kitchen or dining room light on every night so someone outside might think that someone is awake in the house and so I can see (and not fall down the steps) if I go down the steps in the middle of the night.

Childminder, Thank you, it's okay that we don't live closer though. I can afford a $20 baby monitor at Walmart tomorrow.
permanentvacation 12:48 PM 05-22-2014
Oh, and the paintball gun idea sounds like something I could get away with legally. And then I could definitely describe them to the police!
spinnymarie 12:54 PM 05-22-2014
Okay, so Michael is going to buy a security camera for the group here and we'll pass it along to each other as needed. There we go. See, we figured this out for everyone!

Michael 01:04 PM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by Second Home:
If I'm sitting in my house minding my own business and someone breaks in, I can't shoot them?

Ummm , I do not think this is true . I have so many friends ( some military ) who all own guns ( of many types ) for home protection and they have never said anything even close to this , many even belong to shooting ranges who are up on all the gun laws . Maybe it was the sitting and waiting for them that would be against the law , like you were planning on shooting them . Not a spur of the moment I have to save myself shooting .
IMO, the laws usually allow you to shoot someone ONLY if they are threatening your life with a gun/knife/hammer/etc. or anything where you reasonably "fear" for your life. Equal force of self defense.

PM me your address or PO and I will have it delivered. I believe we have about $100 left over from our previous crib donation drive from a few months ago. I will add the extra money needed.

FYI, we can always collect donations for a member in need, but the circumstance has to pass BlackCat's or my approval first.
Childminder 01:09 PM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by :
Childminder, Thank you, it's okay that we don't live closer though. I can afford a $20 baby monitor at Walmart tomorrow.
Free is always better than $20. Then you could spend it on something else. They are just going to GoodWill anyways.
permanentvacation 01:43 PM 05-22-2014
Childminder,

But you live in Missouri and you would have to pay to ship it. It's okay. $20 won't break me. I just have to wait until tomorrow.
Mom2TLE 01:44 PM 05-22-2014
I'm glad you are taking up Michael on his offer. From a mother's point of view, I'm thinking that some of your daughters issues may be stemming from lack of a feeling of safe home, she is living a good part of her life in fear which probably affects both her physical and emotional well being. I'm not saying it's not safe I'm just thinking that as an adult we get freaked out by scary movies etc. imagine it in your home and then trying to function after a night of hearing noises and whispers and going to school where you need to be functioning at your best. Good Luck I hope you figure it out.
permanentvacation 01:50 PM 05-22-2014
Michael,

I was kidding! No, I don't expect anyone to ship anything to me. I will get the security next week. Tomorrow, I will get the baby monitor, door alarm, and window alarms. It's okay.
Unregistered 02:22 PM 05-22-2014
The baby monitors may not work. At least mine have a flashing led. If the individual see the flashing light in the dark he will realize something is going on and will be more careful.
Cradle2crayons 02:37 PM 05-22-2014
The baby monitors may not work. At least mine have a flashing led. If the individual see the flashing light in the dark he will realize something is going on and will be more careful.
You can out a piece of duct tape over the led light
Michael 04:33 PM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by Mom2TLE:
I'm glad you are taking up Michael on his offer. From a mother's point of view, I'm thinking that some of your daughters issues may be stemming from lack of a feeling of safe home, she is living a good part of her life in fear which probably affects both her physical and emotional well being. I'm not saying it's not safe I'm just thinking that as an adult we get freaked out by scary movies etc. imagine it in your home and then trying to function after a night of hearing noises and whispers and going to school where you need to be functioning at your best. Good Luck I hope you figure it out.
My daughter is 15 and likewise fearful at night. I guess it happens a lot more these days with the internet sending us so many stories.

Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
You can out a piece of duct tape over the led light
The red LEDs are infrared which allows the camera to see in the dark. It doesn't matter if someone sees it. By that time their video or picture will have been captured. I use mine by the front door and it usually just captures the FedEx or UPS guy dropping off stuff. Good to know, for peace of mind who is at the front door, since you can see in the house from it.
permanentvacation 05:30 PM 05-22-2014
I scrounged around the house and found $7.00 in cash, a bunch of change, and I had a little bit left on my credit card. So I took it all to Walmart and bought the $15 baby monitor and 4 cheap door/window alarms. I did put duct tape on the green light on the baby monitor. Thanks for the idea.

Now my daughter is even more scared. She said that every scary movie that uses a baby monitor has a really scary ghost! She refused to help me put the door alarms up and kept telling me that we are going to make the ghost mad and "we should just live and let live, or let float around, or whatever they do!" Oh good grief!
coolconfidentme 05:41 PM 05-22-2014
I have motion sensors outside my daycare. Best investment I ever made. You may want to look into them one day when money is better..
permanentvacation 05:51 PM 05-22-2014
The light out back is supposed to be a motion sensor. But it's broken. If I am ever able to buy a house I plan to get a good security system and motion sensor lights. I used to have all that when I was married. I am working on fixing my credit so hopefully one day I will be able to buy a house.
NightOwl 06:24 PM 05-22-2014
Michael, you're awesome!
Michael 08:48 PM 05-22-2014
Michael, you're awesome!
Ahhh thanks but OP is not going to take me up on my offer.
NightOwl 08:54 PM 05-22-2014
I'm confused? She said a few comments back that you were purchasing the camera and it would be passed around as needed?
coolconfidentme 03:12 AM 05-23-2014
The light out back is supposed to be a motion sensor. But it's broken. If I am ever able to buy a house I plan to get a good security system and motion sensor lights. I used to have all that when I was married. I am working on fixing my credit so hopefully one day I will be able to buy a house.
I have those too, these are alarms. The kids try to guess which mommy is here when the front alarm goes off, lol.
permanentvacation 05:07 AM 05-23-2014
Wednesday,

I was kidding when I posted that Michael was buying a camera and we would pass it around. I even put a funny face to try to show that I was kidding. I didn't mean to confuse anyone. Sorry. I don't want Michael to buy anything and loan it to me. I will get the money together one day and get a camera soon enough.
permanentvacation 05:10 AM 05-23-2014
I was a bit nervous last night listening to the baby monitor and waiting to hear something. I started to think my daughter might be right, no one has hurt us so far, maybe we should just live and let live! But I know I can't do that, I have to get to the bottom of this and find out who or what is causing these noises and doing things in my home.

However, I didn't hear anything over the baby monitor last night and none of the door alarms went off.

I'll let you all know if anything happens.
NightOwl 10:25 AM 05-25-2014
Any luck with those monitors?
permanentvacation 11:17 PM 05-25-2014
Well, my dog and I are sitting in my car outside of the Royal Farms store at 2 in the morning! My daughter and her friend who was spending the night came running in my bedroom a little after 1am. They were scared to death and said they heard a deep demonic growl 3 times back to back in the baby monitor. Of course I didn't hear anything I was sound asleep until the girls screamed. I tried to take my dog with me to the basement but he refused to go down the basement steps. I shoved him as hard as I could, but he was not going to go down the basement. So I called the police and the policeman walked through the basement with me and we couldn't find anything or anyone. The doors and windows were all locked. While I was on the phone with the 911 operator, I watched out my back door and watched the basement stairwell and window. Noone came out the back of the basement. At the same time, I had the girls take my dog out the front door and sit in the car. So I know noone left out the front door or front basement window either. The policeman kept saying it might be a ghost since it's been going on so long and each time the house is locked up and there's never any signs of forced entry. He also said that if he gets a chance, he will research my address for previous police reports. I really need to move!!!
Josiegirl 03:09 AM 05-26-2014
Oh wow! I know you said drug dealers lived there before you but what about before them? Do you have any info on the history of the place?
That is way too spooky. I'm sorry you're having to deal with such a terrifying and unexplainable situation.
permanentvacation 03:31 AM 05-26-2014
While the policeman was here, he noticed that a gas pipe in the basement was not capped. At first I didn't think anything of it because I'm sure the gas is turned off to that pipe. We don't typically smell gas. I do every once in a while when I first walk into the house, but that's on a very slim basis. When I do smell gas as I enter the house, I check everywhere and can never smell gas except for at the entrance. So I just figure it's from coming in from outside and smell the pilot from the stove.

Anyway, back to last night. So, the policeman noticed that the gas pipe isn't capped off. After thinking about it, I thought maybe there's a slow gas leak. Gas leaks can make you hallucinate. So I thought maybe we are hallucinating the things we hear and see. (However, I don't think we would all hallucinate the exact same sound or sight at the same time. There have been many times when everyone in the house is wide awake and hears or sees the same thing at the same time. So hallucinations don't make sense either) So I had the fire department come over and check for a gas leak. Nope, no gas leak. So, after being up since just after 1am, having the police and fire department here, I still have no clue what or who is in the house.

Everyone says it's a ghost. The policeman went on and on about it being a ghost. The lady fire fighter said she lives in a haunted fire house. She showed me a picture they put on the fire truck of a ghost on the fire department symbol (it looks like the ghost busters symbol).
permanentvacation 03:42 AM 05-26-2014
I also talked to some of the teenagers in the neighborhood. They said they think the people who lived here before me were possibly satanic. (Well that's just GREAT! UGHHH! And could explain a lot!!) The teenagers that told me that are pretty tough kids who get into drugs and gangs. They told me that the people that lived here were so heavily into 'weird stuff' that they wouldn't even mess with them/hang with them. The teenagers said they think the people were doing meth and crack, (there are burn marks on my carpet and hardwood floor upstairs that the kids said look like crack pipe marks and marks where they maybe used coke cans as pipes and let them sit on the floor too long which burned markes into the floor) might have been satanic, and were just freakin crazy.

As far as the people before the family that lived here before me, the neighbors on each side say they were all normal families. We lived in this neighborhood years ago and my older daughter was actually friends with a girl who used to live in this house. They didn't keep in touch after we moved though.
Blackcat31 05:49 AM 05-26-2014
I also talked to some of the teenagers in the neighborhood. They said they think the people who lived here before me were possibly satanic. (Well that's just GREAT! UGHHH! And could explain a lot!!) The teenagers that told me that are pretty tough kids who get into drugs and gangs. They told me that the people that lived here were so heavily into 'weird stuff' that they wouldn't even mess with them/hang with them. The teenagers said they think the people were doing meth and crack, (there are burn marks on my carpet and hardwood floor upstairs that the kids said look like crack pipe marks and marks where they maybe used coke cans as pipes and let them sit on the floor too long which burned markes into the floor) might have been satanic, and were just freakin crazy.

As far as the people before the family that lived here before me, the neighbors on each side say they were all normal families. We lived in this neighborhood years ago and my older daughter was actually friends with a girl who used to live in this house. They didn't keep in touch after we moved though.
Hun, do you have any type of services available in your area that could help you move, both financially and physically?

Not only are you struggling financially but you provide an important service to community families so may you qualify for something?

ANYTHING that can assist you in finding alternate housing as this is getting really creepy and scary.

Now that you have police report and "testimony" from neighbors and area kids, you should have enough evidence to support the fact that you NEED to move as soon as possible.

Are they alot of rental in your area so finding a place won't be hard?

I'm so worried for you and your girls.
DaisyMamma 06:01 AM 05-26-2014
It's obvious to me that its a spirit of some sort. Just because food is missing or BK bag/bread appeared doesn't mean things weren't just moved or brought in.

Can you look for a local paranormal activist that might be able to do a free assessment?

And follow up with that police officer to find previous reports on your address!
DaisyMamma 06:08 AM 05-26-2014
http://www.paranormalresearchofmaryland.com/index.html
KiddieCahoots 08:36 AM 05-26-2014
This is unnerving.
I don't mean to add to your stress of the situation. This is scary enough for you, your daughters and pets, but now with the revelation of past satanic rituals, meth users, and possible hostile spirits, it's really not ok for your child care children to be there.

You had mentioned a brand of bread appearing on the kitchen counter. If you google search, "what to eat while on meth", most comments suggest bread to help keep your stomach calm and keep nutrients.
permanentvacation 11:46 AM 05-26-2014
Blackcat31,

No, there aren't any services that will help me move. I have looked into small business loans and other loans because of being a woman owning a business, but I can't find anything. My credit is really bad. So I don't qualify for any of the loans that I have looked into. Actually, I have been working on fixing my credit and it has gone from 'very bad' to just 'bad'. So that's good! lol! I am working on fixing my credit in hopes of one day being able to buy a house. But to move out of here, I would have to do it on my own. There are plenty of rentals in my area, but I don't have the money for the down payment and 1st month's rent plus the other expenses that will incur from moving. Moving is expensive! I have tried to save money to move, and each time I get some money together, some other immediate emergency has happened and I had to spend the money on that (the one example I gave earlier was when my car completely died and after a couple of weeks of walking everywhere I gave in and bought another vehicle. I bought a used truck) rather than keep saving to move.
permanentvacation 11:55 AM 05-26-2014
Daisymomma,

I am honestly nervous about getting someone over her to try to find something paranormal. I'm afraid they will get the spirit even more active! And since I can't afford to move if that happens, then I would be stuck here with spirits that I've made mad or more spirits that were conjured up. I have thought about it many times, but honestly I am really scared to do that. I don't know, maybe one day I will have to bite the bullet and get them to come here. I'm just really afraid of that making things worse. I do my best not to make spirits mad, not to hunt for them, not to request their presence.
permanentvacation 11:59 AM 05-26-2014
KiddieCahoots,

Wow, I had not even connected the bread with meth users. I'm going to look that up online in a minute.

See, things like the bread appearing and food missing makes me think there's a person in my house rather than spirits. But then the orange eyes, red eyes, feeling like someone sat on my bed numerous times when no one and no pets were anywhere to be found and my daughter feeling someone shake her while she was in her bed when no one or no pets were anywhere near her makes me think it is spirits.
permanentvacation 12:06 PM 05-26-2014
Now my daughter does not want to have to sleep at home because of the baby monitor! I told her I would get rid of it so she feels more comfortable sleeping here. It didn't do better with it anyway. The girls heard a scary noise through it, but we still couldn't find the source of the noise. All the baby monitor did was scare my daughter and her friend more.

I am getting my food program check soon. I will have to buy the $120 security cameras and put them in the basement. Maybe I can get someone to install them during the day while my daughter is at school so she doesn't know about them and get scared of them making the spirits mad.
Josiegirl 12:20 PM 05-26-2014
I'm not sure why the gas pipe wouldn't have been capped but that alone, is scary as hell. You could've died! You don't always smell gas plus what about an explosion? Man, there's got to be someone who can help you locally??!! Any churches you're affiliated with?
permanentvacation 12:41 PM 05-26-2014
I guess since they (whoever installed the electrical dryer before I moved in) didn't use the gas pipe, I guess they just turned the gas off and didn't think to, or didn't bother to cap it off. I know nothing about gas pipes, but the firefighters said that it's not leaking gas and it doesn't matter if it's capped or not. I think I will ask my ex-husband if he can cap it off. Oh, and the policeman also suggested that I put some type of wiring over the basement window on the door. He said to screw a big piece of thick wiring like thick chicken wire or iron bars over the window. So I will ask my ex to do that too. I'm not sure he will do those things for me though. If he won't, I'll ask my nephew but he's pretty busy helping his mother (my sister). I really need a man in my life! OR I need to learn how to do simple handyman things!
permanentvacation 12:43 PM 05-26-2014
I use to attend a church regularly, but since the preacher I was used to moved, I haven't really attended much. But the church certainly isn't going to give or loan me $2,000 or so to move. If my car hadn't died, I had the money a few months ago!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 12:48 PM 05-26-2014
I had a very wise police officer tell me to sleep with a can of wasp spray next to my bed It shoots 25 ft (at least) and if sprayed in the face will definitely send an intruder to the ground. Pepper spray you have to almost be in their face.
Just FYI.
permanentvacation 12:56 PM 05-26-2014
MrsSteinel'sHouse,

Thank you. I might have to get a can!
CraftyMom 01:05 PM 05-26-2014
I don't want to add to your stress but it's really starting to sound like you have two things going on, a spirit and an intruder
Josiegirl 02:31 PM 05-26-2014
Well, I wonder if a church would listen to your concerns about satanic rituals and possible spirits? Are there churches that still practice exorcisms?

Oh, I didn't know that about gas. I don't use gas, am so paranoid.
permanentvacation 03:43 PM 05-26-2014
Today, I got on Facebook and found the girl who used to live here ( she was a friend of my daughter's from 8 years ago). I met up with her and she came over. She said she doesn't remember anything weird going on here when she lived here and the only thing that died here that she knows of is her hamster which they buried in the front yard. Her biological father died in a city about 20 minutes away from me before she moved into this house.

She said that she and her girlfriend do have a tendency to feel spirits so they walked around. The girl I know felt a bad spirit in the back room of the basement and in the hallway just in front of the two little bedrooms. Her girlfriend felt bad spirits in the back bedroom and in the basement. Now, of course they could just be saying that. But I don't think the girl I knew would make stuff up... why would she?

And of course, now my daughter (who got home just after the girls I mentioned above) is even more scared and literally asked if she can sleep with me tonight!! Oh good grief!
permanentvacation 03:45 PM 05-26-2014
Craftymom,

Yeah, I have thought about that too. But I think that would be very odd to have more than one strange thing happening.
permanentvacation 03:49 PM 05-26-2014
Josiegirl,

There is no gas leak, so the gas isn't causing any problem or concern. I am also afraid of gas. But I am used to it because I've had gas stoves and furnaces ever since I can remember except for the time I lived down south. So I guess I've had gas appliances for 25 or so years. But, yeah, when a pilot goes out or I smell gas, I get nervous.
permanentvacation 03:50 PM 05-26-2014
My daughter just told me she has packed a bag of clothes just in case we have to run out of the house again in the middle of the night!
Tags:drug dealers, ghosts, intruders, suspicious activity
1 2 3 4 
Reply Up