Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Light summer, but. . .
BumbleBee 07:58 PM 05-15-2016
Summer for me will be very light as far as dck's go. But, the kids I will have for summer are my most challenging ones. Crap. No surprise that these dck's parents are the ones who drive me up the wall most often. Yes, I just realized this half way through May-with 17.5 days of school left.

The good news is 2 of my most challenging kids will be done for good in August! They're aging out so I'm basically at the point of don't let the door hit ya on the way out. We just need to survive summer first. Trying to talk their parents into some local camps for a week or 2 this summer. It's not going well.

How is everybody else's summer looking?
lovemydaycare0912 09:12 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
Summer for me will be very light as far as dck's go. But, the kids I will have for summer are my most challenging ones. Crap. No surprise that these dck's parents are the ones who drive me up the wall most often. Yes, I just realized this half way through May-with 17.5 days of school left.

The good news is 2 of my most challenging kids will be done for good in August! They're aging out so I'm basically at the point of don't let the door hit ya on the way out. We just need to survive summer first. Trying to talk their parents into some local camps for a week or 2 this summer. It's not going well.

How is everybody else's summer looking?
Sorry to hear. Lets count down until August for you. Hopefully it comes quick. Im at max with 6 kids all aged 2 and below so they'll be here for the summer. Hoping we get good weather to have lots of outdoor time!
LindseyA 07:18 AM 05-16-2016
Since I took on an infant, my ratio went down. But I still will be full all Summer with 6 kids. Huge age range though, which stresses me out! The oldest one is 10! I lose 3 this year to kindy in the fall, so I will be looking for a younger crowd this time around.
Reply Up