Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Would You Charge?
justgettingstarted 03:40 PM 07-30-2012
I closed today because DS and I are sick with a cold. I only have two kids on Mondays right now. I contacted both moms last night and asked if grandmas could watch their kids today if I took them the days they are normally with grandmas later in the week (I have a dck out on vacation this week so I had the openings). This was a perfect solution as I could close and not lose any money which is why I decided to close. One of the moms texts me just now saying grandma will watch him tomorrow anyway so he won't be coming on his "make up" day or whatever you want to call it. Technically he was scheduled to come tomorrow even if only for about 12 hours and now she is canceling. My policy is that if I close due to illness I don't charge but if they choose not to bring child on a day I'm open I do charge. She didn't mention payment in her text. WWYD?
Country Kids 03:43 PM 07-30-2012
Charge!!! I have the same policy and I would definetly charge. Are you sure you are going to feel like working tomorrow though?
justgettingstarted 03:56 PM 07-30-2012
Ha! Thanks Country Kids, I'll definitely be open tomorrow no matter what. This is a great mom and I doubt she'll mind I'm just feeling a little guilty because she's keeping him home so he doesn't get my cold and it's such a grey area with the policies. I'll leave it alone and see if she says anything. The day has been prepaid so I'd have to credit her in August.
Childminder 04:13 PM 07-30-2012
I don't charge for my sick days (3 in twelve years) but I charge if they are ill. Do what you won't feel guilty doing.
kayla 06:15 AM 07-31-2012
Originally Posted by Childminder:
I don't charge for my sick days (3 in twelve years) but I charge if they are ill. Do what you won't feel guilty doing.
I agree if im not available for care I dont charge. Because I don't find it fair or correct. The parents most times still have to pay a back up so it makes no sense if your not open why they would pay you. I do charge however if I am open and they choose not to bring there child.
Reply Up