Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kicked In The Teeth
jojosmommy 11:41 AM 09-28-2012
6 yr old dcg kicked my 3 yr old son in the teeth this morning before she left for school. My son was trying to get the book back she took from him. I saw the whole thing. He wasnt being physical, until he got kicked in the mouth,

I talked to both. Dcg lied when I asked her what just happened. Then I told her I saw it all. She said sorry all snippy.

I want to make it clear to dcm that this is WAY OUT OF LINE without her assuming I am playing sides because it was my son. No other kids were her so its going to be obvious who was involved.

What do I say? I told dcg she was going to have a chat with mom and myself at pick up. She wont talk when confronted, just sits and acts like she cant talk at all. How do I approach this?
Blackcat31 11:50 AM 09-28-2012
I would tell DCM that it isn't so much the act itself that is requiring this talk but the attitude of the child.

Physical fighting is NOT allowed and is certainly not acceptable coming from a child who is old enough to know better. She had choices and didn't choose to use any of them other than to resort to violence. NOT cool!!

Even if your DS did do something, he is 3 yrs old and fighting with anyone half your age is soooo not approriate.

I would consider telling mom that termination is coming if child doesn't at least act remorseful and apologizes.

I wouldn't care if a DCP thought I was playing sides...like I said the injured child is HALF her age!

Let the mother deal with her child's unwillingness to speak.
cheerfuldom 12:01 PM 09-28-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I would tell DCM that it isn't so much the act itself that is requiring this talk but the attitude of the child.

Physical fighting is NOT allowed and is certainly not acceptable coming from a child who is old enough to know better. She had choices and didn't choose to use any of them other than to resort to violence. NOT cool!!

Even if your DS did do something, he is 3 yrs old and fighting with anyone half your age is soooo not approriate.

I would consider telling mom that termination is coming if child doesn't at least act remorseful and apologizes.

I wouldn't care if a DCP thought I was playing sides...like I said the injured child is HALF her age!

Let the mother deal with her child's unwillingness to speak.
agree! I dont care if a parent thinks I am taking sides.
rhymia1 12:43 PM 09-28-2012
My policy is that I do not give the parent names (and luckily I have several children here so it's not immediately obvious). The conversation would go something like this: "this morning while getting ready to leave DC girl took a book away from another child. When the child went to get it back, DC girl kicked them in the mouth. etc."
Now, I don't care if the dc parent thinks I'm choosing sides, but legally I can't give out names to dc parents - I can't tell them who bit their child or who their child bit, so I give my own children the same RIGHTS to privacy.

Ugh, I hope your son is okay
daycare 12:59 PM 09-28-2012
I dont tell names either, but at age 6 they can tell the parent just about everything.

Age aside, what this girl did was NOT ok. I don't care if your son snatched the book/toy away in an aggressive manner or called her a name. IT IS NEVER ok to hit anyone.

If the mom takes the girls side in this, then maybe this is not the family you want in your childcare.
Reply Up