Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yearly surprise inspection over! Whew!
Christina72684 07:14 AM 02-27-2014
I hate it when our licensing consultant comes out for her yearly inspection. We know it'll happen sometime between Jan 1-March 30, but we still always seem to be missing something. Somehow this time it was a birth certificate for one kid and a physical for another. Not too bad. But then she tells us on top of having to have all employees finger printed (at $45 a piece!) we also now have to use wax paper or whatever you call it when changing diapers instead of just wiping down the mat when finished. It seems like every year they add something that costs us more and more money! But at least it's over!
llpa 07:52 AM 02-27-2014
Congrats!!! i think it is so stressful waiting for it to happen! Even tho I am so careful. And yes, there is always something new to enforce. But you did it!!!!
Michelle 08:03 AM 02-27-2014
wax paper?

how about chubs or that thin paper used at Dr offices?

Glad it went ok for you!

When I went to my food program training, the speaker told us of a real life situation about a provider who did LAUP ( state funded preschool for us California providers) and she had 2 groups of 14 kids-- morning and afternoon
well, they were at the park having their graduation ceremony and the bathrooms were locked, so they went as a group to her house to use her bathrooms( some parents and all the kids) and guess who showed up to do an inspection? She got cited for having 28 kids in her house..ugh
she was walking distance to the park and they didn't care, so bottom line is..
cover your bootie at all times!
mema 08:05 AM 02-27-2014

Mine is next month and I am NOT looking forward to it. I have yet to meet my new licensor in person. I have seen her speak at meetings and have heard from others that have her and it isn't good. She is writing people up for a ton of things that she can't prove. Then they have to go thru the appeal process, but in the mean time, it is still on your name.
daycare 08:08 AM 02-27-2014
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
I hate it when our licensing consultant comes out for her yearly inspection. We know it'll happen sometime between Jan 1-March 30, but we still always seem to be missing something. Somehow this time it was a birth certificate for one kid and a physical for another. Not too bad. But then she tells us on top of having to have all employees finger printed (at $45 a piece!) we also now have to use wax paper or whatever you call it when changing diapers instead of just wiping down the mat when finished. It seems like every year they add something that costs us more and more money! But at least it's over!
I hate inspections..

If you have a costco by you, I buy the huge roll o butcher paper and just cut it down to size to place on the changing mat.
Meeko 09:54 AM 02-27-2014
So glad our inspections can ONLY be what is on the official checklist. Inspectors cannot write you up for anything not on the list. Their personal opinion is not allowed.

If they find something, the provider has the right to fully question it at the time and try and get it resolved before the inspector even leaves. ALL findings must be announced to the provider at the time too, so the provider doesn't find out afterwards that the inspector made up half a dozen to make it look like she was doing her job. The inspector has to leave a survey with the provider which the provider sends in to HQ. We are to fill in whether we felt any questions were answered, whether we were treated respectfully etc. They are answerable to any bad review the provider gives.

We have had 100% inspections...both announced and surprise because all we have to do is make sure we are in compliance with the checklists.

My licensor is a sweetheart. I have had a few that appeared more "stern", but always polite and respectful.

Now years ago was different. Inspections left up to whim and whether or not the inspector took a liking to the provider or not changed the outcome of any inspection...
Reply Up