Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Parents and Guardians Forum

Parents and Guardians Forum Parents and Guardians should post and answer questions here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Unregistered/Jessi

Unhappy My 3 yo is hitting at DC

My 3 year old hits other kids at daycare. When the teacher gets on his level to tell him it's not OK to hit our friends, he slaps her in the face. I don't know where he gets this from - he is NOT hit at home and certainly not in the face!

I have asked the teacher to gently hold his hands when she is telling him "no" and she told me it is against the law. We live in WA state and the law reads as follows:

"The licensee shall prohibit and prevent:

(b) The use of a physical restraint method injurious to the child;"

Now I read this literally in that it states no physical restraint that is injurious to the child. Gently holding his hands while telling him 'no' is not injurious to the child.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Jessica

Tags
hitting, hitting in daycare, hitting provider, parent - its a verb, violence in child care

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off