Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Embarrassing!!!
Neekie 06:48 AM 07-30-2012
Dcm comes walking into my center this morning carrying a buge, open can of beer that was half-full. She said she found it sitting on my front steps. Other families had come in before her. One of the little ones could of picked it up and taken a sip out of it. They probably thought that we left it there. We have a ball park across the street. A college league plays there and there can be three thousand or more people there an a good night. They sell beer and food over there and that is probably where it came from. They park all up and down our street. Somebody was probably parked in front of our house and didn't want to take an open can of beer in the car with them and so they set it on our front porch. How embarrassing!!! I guess I will half to check my front yard after games from now on.
Heidi 06:55 AM 07-30-2012
Beer-The Breakfast of (Wisconsin) Champions!!!

Sometimes I watch TV in the playroom after hours because DH is watching something lame. One night I had a beer and left the empty there accidently. Of course, that was the one morning my dcm actually went into the playroom....ooops...
crazydaycarelady 08:44 AM 07-30-2012
We have a small deck and patio furniuture near our front door and my dh has left beer cans out there several times. I try not to worry about it, it IS a "home" dc and people drink beer at home.
Neekie 11:20 AM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Beer-The Breakfast of (Wisconsin) Champions!!!

Sometimes I watch TV in the playroom after hours because DH is watching something lame. One night I had a beer and left the empty there accidently. Of course, that was the one morning my dcm actually went into the playroom....ooops...
Oh Heidi, you are so funny! LOL I got a good laugh out of your Breakfast of Champions comment. LOL
Neekie 11:34 AM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
We have a small deck and patio furniuture near our front door and my dh has left beer cans out there several times. I try not to worry about it, it IS a "home" dc and people drink beer at home.
Oh, i guess maybe I used the wrong word here. I should of said "gross" instead of "embarrassing". I was just embarrassed because a dcm found it and brought it in to me. But my real concern was germs. I was just grossed out by the fact that she brought a can into my house still half-full that some stranger had been drinking out of. Yuck! You just never know what kind of germs are on that can and one of my littles could have taken a drink out it. And then the fact that it was half-full instead of empty and they could of picked it up and spilt it all over themselves and come in soaked in beer cause it was right on the bottom step where they walk right by it. I guess maybe I am just a germ freak. LOL I would have been ok with it if I knew it was my husband's can and that it was empty.
MsMe 11:37 AM 07-30-2012
I once had a daycare Dad carry in a large beer can he had found in my front yard. I assume someone had thrown it out the window the night before. I was also embarrassed. I know he knew it wasn't mine....but I couldn't help but worry

Neekie 11:41 AM 07-30-2012
I once had a daycare Dad carry in a large beer can he had found in my front yard. I assume someone had thrown it out the window the night before. I was also embarrassed. I know he knew it wasn't mine....but I couldn't help but worry :eek

SO I am not the only one that gets embarrassed then. LOL
Neekie 11:59 AM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by MsMe:
I once had a daycare Dad carry in a large beer can he had found in my front yard. I assume someone had thrown it out the window the night before. I was also embarrassed. I know he knew it wasn't mine....but I couldn't help but worry
Sorry! This part of the above post was a quote, but it didn't show it like that. Oops!
DaisyMamma 12:06 PM 07-30-2012
oh my! I wouldve been totally embarrassed too!
itlw8 01:23 PM 07-30-2012
I had a mom bring me roses in a pretty green jar. That evening HER dh came in and read me the riot act for having a beer bottle in the childcare. I said oh is that what that is. ..... It came from YOUR house with flowers in it.
Childminder 04:39 PM 07-30-2012
I had a parent turn me in to DHS because my husband was sitting in front of his television in our living room having a beer in a cozy at 9:30pm. She was concerned that her 7 month old child, that was asleep in the daycare room, was being exposed to hazardous materials.
Hunni Bee 08:00 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by Childminder:
I had a parent turn me in to DHS because my husband was sitting in front of his television in our living room having a beer in a cozy at 9:30pm. She was concerned that her 7 month old child, that was asleep in the daycare room, was being exposed to hazardous materials.

How ridiculous.
Happy Hearts 06:52 PM 07-31-2012
Originally Posted by itlw8:
I had a mom bring me roses in a pretty green jar. That evening HER dh came in and read me the riot act for having a beer bottle in the childcare. I said oh is that what that is. ..... It came from YOUR house with flowers in it.
That's hilarious! Self righteous jerk he is!
Neekie 07:36 PM 07-31-2012
Originally Posted by itlw8:
He had that one coming to him!
Neekie 07:41 PM 07-31-2012
Originally Posted by Childminder:
WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! Unbelievable! Some people, I tell ya!!!
Neekie 07:50 PM 07-31-2012
I asked my dc parents, just out of curiosity, how they think that beer can got there and most of them said that they thought my dh and I had been sitting on the steps drinking the night before and we just forgot the can there. I set them straight of course!
Reply Up