Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Crockpot Mac & Cheese Recipe
Pammie 01:55 PM 02-23-2011
Ingredients:

16 oz elbow macaroni (I prefer whole-wheat but any kind works)
4 cups shredded colby/jack cheese
4 cups diced Velveeta
2 cans evaporated milk
3 cups milk
4 eggs (optional)
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp ground mustard powder (optional)
1 tsp white pepper

Mix milks, seasonings and eggs in a large mixing bowl (note: using the eggs will make the final product more custard-like, without the eggs, it will be more creamy)

Stir in the cheeses and uncooked macaroni.

Spray the crock of a large-size slow-cooker with vegetable spray. Put macaroni mixture into the crock and cook on low for 5 hours, or on high for 2 -1/2 to 3 hours. Stir occasionally.

During the last hour of cooking, to make a one-dish meal, I stir in browned ground beef or turkey, diced ham, cooked keilbassa or smoked sausage and/or some drained diced canned tomatoes, cooked green beans, broccoli florettes, mixed veges, green chilis - the possibilities are endless

Enjoy!
Former Teacher 04:18 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by Pammie:
Ingredients:

4 cups diced Velveeta
2 cans evaporated milk
3 cups milk
4 eggs (optional)
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp white pepper

Mix milks, seasonings and eggs in a large mixing bowl (note: using the eggs will make the final product more custard-like, without the eggs, it will be more creamy)

Spray the crock of a large-size slow-cooker with vegetable spray. Put macaroni mixture into the crock and cook on low for 5 hours, or on high for 2 -1/2 to 3 hours. Stir occasionally.

During the last hour of cooking, to make a one-dish meal, I stir in browned ground beef or turkey, diced ham, cooked keilbassa or smoked sausage and/or some drained diced canned tomatoes, cooked green beans, broccoli florettes, mixed veges, green chilis - the possibilities are endless

Enjoy!
thank you! thank you! thank you!!!!!
daycare 04:27 PM 02-23-2011
Ingredients:

4 cups diced Velveeta
2 cans evaporated milk
3 cups milk
4 eggs (optional)
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp white pepper

Enjoy!
i dont like meat or cheese, but I think the DCK might love this.;...sounds right up their alley
countrymom 11:22 AM 02-24-2011
now I need to try this too, great now i need cheese.
SunflowerMama 11:43 AM 02-24-2011
Ingredients:

4 cups diced Velveeta
2 cans evaporated milk
3 cups milk
4 eggs (optional)
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp white pepper

Enjoy!
That sounds so yummy!! Looks like we'll be having that for lunch tomorrow with some ground turkey and diced tomatoes and then a side of fruit. YUMMM
MG&Lsmom 06:39 AM 03-11-2011
I made this on Monday and it was so delicious. My silly dcks and even my own were like, ewwww.... Much too used to boxed Annie's! But DH and I gobbled it all up!

I would like to find a substitute for the Velvetta tho as we don't usually use highly processed food in our house.
Blackcat31 06:48 AM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
i dont like meat or cheese, but I think the DCK might love this.;...sounds right up their alley
OMG!! LOL! Really, you don't like cheese?! My world would crumble without cheese.....
thecrazyisout 11:23 AM 03-11-2011
I bet you could substitute pureed squash or cauliflower for the eggs...i do this with my normal recipe and add it to it...it makes it seem super cheesy...
cyerob 10:31 AM 06-24-2011
Hi Pammie. Thanks for this lovely recipe. I've been searching for a easy to do mac and cheese that the kids will love. I think this recipes is a hit. Thanks.
Tags:cheese, pasta, recipe
Reply Up