Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Deduction?
Leigh 09:08 PM 09-11-2017
A daycare mom smashed into our (new) BBQ grill with her SUV. I replaced it myself. Can I deduct this as a business expense? I don't use the grill for daycare, but it was destroyed because of daycare.
TomCopeland 09:39 AM 09-12-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
A daycare mom smashed into our (new) BBQ grill with her SUV. I replaced it myself. Can I deduct this as a business expense? I don't use the grill for daycare, but it was destroyed because of daycare.
Since you don't use the grill for your business, you can't deduct the new grill as a business expense.
LysesKids 11:34 AM 09-12-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I personally would have billed her for it... "you" broke it, "you" replace it and yes, I actually have this policy in my handbook.
Leigh 05:55 PM 09-12-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I personally would have billed her for it... "you" broke it, "you" replace it and yes, I actually have this policy in my handbook.
She offered to pay for it. I declined. She's the single mom with special needs twins plus 2 other kids. She's broke-she misses so much work taking her kids to therapy and medical appointments that she's barely getting by. Because I charge her double my rate, due to the level of care that her kids require, she also has a large co-pay. I just couldn't accept money from her for that. I know that SHE broke it, but I just couldn't take money from her for it. Anyone else, I certainly would have billed them!
Tags:deduction - accident
Reply Up