Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:32 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Biters

I do NOT sell these, nor have any affiliation to the company, so I hope this is OK to post here.

I have a 13 month old biter who has been out of control. Parents took away his pacifier, and ever since, he has been a little Jaws, stalking everyone to try to get his bite on.

I ordered one of these clip-ons, and he has not bitten anyone since (nor even tried). I clip it on his collar, and see him picking it up to chew MANY times a day.

Here's a link in case anyone else is interested. I'm going to order several more to have on hand for future kids. This thing has already saved me SO MUCH frustration!

http://www.biterbeads.com/apps/webstore/
Old 06-19-2018, 11:43 AM
Daycare.com Member

Those look neat. How quickly do the kids manage to gnaw them to pieces? I had a silicone toothbrush but my bitey bud destroyed it. I'd worry about the beads getting bitten through over time.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:26 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I use the sensory necklaces with DCK's from time to time. The superhero and dinobite ones are a hit with the 3 and ups.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestle View Post
Those look neat. How quickly do the kids manage to gnaw them to pieces? I had a silicone toothbrush but my bitey bud destroyed it. I'd worry about the beads getting bitten through over time.
They seem pretty sturdy to me. No bite marks on it yet. I've tried the silicone toothbrushes, too, but he throws them on the floor. I love that this is attached to him. I'd gladly replace it weekly, though, if I had to, until this biting phase stops. If it were a 4 year old, I'd use the ARK products (which I also tried with this one, but again, he would just toss it on the floor, and try to bite when it wasn't handy). Luckily, with this kid, most bite attempts came with warning-he would curl his lips back and bare his teeth as he approached his victim! He has only made contact 3 times so far, but this has stopped that, and I SO hope that it keeps working for him!
Old 06-19-2018, 12:49 PM
Daycare.com Member

My niece that doesn’t attend daycare here has one of the pacifier clip ones. I never thought to use it with an older kid. My soon to be 2 year old was going through a biting thing maybe a month ago. I just kept him next to me or separated until I could slowly build up trust back in him. He hasn’t had any attempts as of late but I still haven’t removed his special pack n play from my living room. I ended up just giving him a teether toy that it kind of like a lovie with the hands that are a harder plastic and the ring on tops it’s head is silicone. The kids called it his “bitey toy”.

Tags
chew toys, chewelry, chewing, sensory exploration, sensory overload