Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
bubbiesmama807 02:08 PM 05-29-2013
Gotta love it when people call to set up an appointment to meet with me about child care, then no-call/no-show on the day of the interview

Talk about rude..if they couldn't make it for whatever reason or just found different care, at least have the common courtesy to call and let me know, so that way I'm not waiting around for them to arrive. I wouldn't be as offended if they did that, than if they chose to bail on the interview with no notice.
Lyss 02:27 PM 05-29-2013
"I'll pick up DCG early, 2pm, so please hold off on giving her a bottle" (DCM is struggling to pump enough for each day)

2:25 and still no DCM, poor DCG (6 weeks) was due for a bottle at 145 and is now super hungry and starting to get upset which means my nappers will be woke up an hour early by a screaming baby

She as 5 mins and then DCG is getting a bottle.
BumbleBee 07:13 PM 05-29-2013
My core group of dck are 9, 9, 4.5, 3, & 20 months.

I am seriously wanting to put the following sentence in my summer newsletter:

"I WILL hold your child accountable for their actions. I WILL NOT accept an excuse from your child or YOU THE PARENT for poor behavior."

I kid you not the ONLY PARENT who holds their child accountable is the 20 month old's mom.
kevlynn 10:29 AM 05-30-2013
Ok so I'm in the process of getting my GF LICENSE because I was doing the whole daycare thing with kids for 3 years unlicensed and decided to do things the right way for once and Omg the state makes you want to do it unlicensed with the tedious paper work and the constant fixin things that are already fixed the most aggravating WAIT of all times THE LICENSE IN THE MAIL ITS ALL GOOD IM DONE WAIT.. Well today my licensor called to tell me im almost done but her supervisor just Wanted Me to redo two lines on a page REALLY this is goanna hold me UP WOW UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OK I DID IT ILL GET BACK TO YOU GUYS SOON WITH A BIG FAT IM LICENSED.....
kevlynn 10:30 AM 05-30-2013
Ok so I'm in the process of getting my GF LICENSE because I was doing the whole daycare thing with kids for 3 years unlicensed and decided to do things the right way for once and Omg the state makes you want to do it unlicensed with the tedious paper work and the constant fixin things that are already fixed the most aggravating WAIT of all times THE LICENSE IN THE MAIL ITS ALL GOOD IM DONE WAIT.. Well today my licensor called to tell me im almost done but her supervisor just Wanted Me to redo two lines on a page REALLY this is goanna hold me UP WOW UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OK I DID IT ILL GET BACK TO YOU GUYS SOON WITH A BIG FAT IM LICENSED.....
mema 01:03 PM 05-31-2013
Didn't sleep super well last night, so I have been yawning all day. During one yawn I heard a big crack and then shooting pain just under my ear. Now I can hardly chew anything and my face is swollen on that side. Happy Friday
Patches 01:53 PM 05-31-2013
This is why I don't watch SA! Nap time was almost non-existent today and I really needed a break after they got my 3 yo dcb all riled up and then he threw a fit for an hour and a half straight!!!!!!!! ARRGGGG!!!! Is it 6, yet!?
Patches 07:00 PM 05-31-2013
No call/no show interviews 3 DAYS IN A ROW!!!!!!!!
blandino 07:23 PM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:
No call/no show interviews 3 DAYS IN A ROW!!!!!!!!
NOTHING makes me madder. I think people think because we are home daycares, that we are home - so it's okay ?!?! I might be giving them to much credit.

It takes a good deal of time to get paperwork together, not to mention that I won't start any other projects before them come - so I am basically just waiting for them. UGH !!!
Unregistered 07:31 PM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I simply will NOT put up with cheap, crappy diapers. I recently amended my contract to state that I prefer Pampers diapers. If you don't send those, then Target's Up & Up or Huggies will do. Do NOT send any other store brand diapers, do NOT send Luv's.

There are simply too many brands of diapers that don't work, and it is not fair to take time away from my job every day to bathe children who are covered in poop because their diaper failed again.

At this same time, I stated that parents of infants are expected to use a high-quality bottle, and I stated that much as I hate to clean them, I feel that Dr. Brown's are the best. Parent's Choice bottles and the like that allow a child to swallow more air than milk are NOT allowed at my home. I state in my contract that I have 2 dozen Dr. Brown's bottles that they are welcome to borrow from me for use at home, if they choose not to purchase them. The first baby I had after this change is using bottles borrowed out.

I explain to parents that it is not fair to kids to cause them pain from swallowing all that air (these kids cry all day, as we all know). I made this decision after feeding a baby from one of those POS bottles and watching it bubble and gurgle while the poor kid tried to get milk out of it.

I HAVE been called insane for both of the policies, I HAVE been told that I am out of line to dictate diaper and bottle brands. I don't care. When I am the one caring for the child, I will NOT deal with the fallout of parents who want to save a couple of bucks.

I also am an Amazon Prime member, and tell all DCP's that I will order their diapers for them from Amazon if they wish, in order to save them some money. I clip and print diaper coupons for the parents to help them save on them, too.
I could not use anything for my kids BUT Luv's and honestly for my kids they worked very well. Mind you, this was years ago when diapers were made just a bit more absorbent than they do now and you got way more for your money. And Dr. Brown's bottles were the worst for my kids. They used Playtex Vent Air. I think it's up to the parents to choose which diaper/bottle to get their kids. Same with clothes,shoes, jackets, baby foods, etc. But I do agree that if the kid is soaking thru the diapers, another plan needs to be made. Although at THREE, why is the kid soaking that much?
Play Care 06:03 AM 06-01-2013
DCD paid me Thursday and we were rushing out the door so I didn't count it. It was $20 short
I don't believe it was on purpose and totally my fault for not counting right at the time.
bubbiesmama807 08:31 AM 06-01-2013
Last night I had an appointment to interview a couple who were looking for care for their three-month-old daughter. Second no-call/no-show of the week.

What is wrong with people these days? They couldn't have made a minute or two call to let me know that they couldn't make it for whatever reason? =\ If anything these guys and the other no-call/no-show this week only gave a glimpse as to what it would be like if I did watch their children.
Patches 08:43 AM 06-01-2013
Originally Posted by bubbiesmama807:
Last night I had an appointment to interview a couple who were looking for care for their three-month-old daughter. Second no-call/no-show of the week.

What is wrong with people these days? They couldn't have made a minute or two call to let me know that they couldn't make it for whatever reason? =\ If anything these guys and the other no-call/no-show this week only gave a glimpse as to what it would be like if I did watch their children.
Hate this! I had 3 nc/ns in a row this week!! UGH!
Lyss 08:07 AM 06-05-2013
Ugh... New DC baby (7 weeks)only wants to slep on her tummy. DCM says they co sleep and she sleeps on her tummy at home with them...

The last 2 days she's only slept 2- 1 hour stretches and maybe 10 minute cat naps every 2 hours or so. She's obviously tired and tries so hard to roll herself over (shockingly she nearly did it a few times).

I'm NOT putting her on her tummy to sleep but man I hope she adjusts soon. I've never seen an infant this young get so little sleep
KBCsMommy 04:14 PM 06-05-2013
DCG didn't sleep at all during naptime. Every time I checked in on her she was just talking away. I go in to get her and she's finally asleep. DCD comes an hour after she is supposed to be up, of course she's still sleeping.

DCM texts me why she didn't sleep. Umm IDK. Dcg doesn't sleep on her mom's watch either. I put them down to sleep I can't physically make them sleep.

Now she's mad she has a fussy toddler and has evening plans that dcg has to "behave" for.

So apparently it's my fault her child didn't sleep. Oh did I mention she has zero schedule since dcm is on summer break.
CedarCreek 08:44 AM 06-06-2013
Dcb brothers don't show up today. No call. I texted Dad and he said he would ask Mom since she is off today. I never heard anything.

I made plans to take my ds and the dcg sisters out to lunch since they are the only ones here.

Of course, now dcm calls. She says she had to leave Walmart because one of the boys was so bad and she wants to bring them here so she can pack for their weekend trip.

I told her sorry,I haven't heard from you and have made plans. I assumed they weren't coming. You are welcome to bring them for nap time when we get back though. She said she will let me know.

I don't give a hoot if she's mad. I'm tired of telling them to let me know what the heck they're doing.
CedarCreek 11:17 AM 06-06-2013
Crap.

Guess who I ran into at Chik fil a?

That was awkward.
Rockgirl 11:24 AM 06-06-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
Crap.

Guess who I ran into at Chil fil a?

That was awkward.
Yikes. Did she try to send her kids with you?
Play Care 02:12 PM 06-06-2013
The SA kids had field day at school and the older SA boy's feet were soooooo stinky!!! I was gagging as I was getting snack and got us all outside as soon as I could!!
daycarediva 02:17 PM 06-06-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
Crap.

Guess who I ran into at Chil fil a?

That was awkward.

sorry, I would have found that funny! Thought you had to pack, dcm?
CedarCreek 08:44 PM 06-06-2013
I couldn't believe they were there! They were being heathens too.

She didn't send the kids with me,I told her I didn't have enough car seats

But yeah,I thought that too about the packing!

I did get their check for next week though since they won't be attending on Monday. But its dated wrong and I just noticed :/
Blackcat31 08:01 AM 06-07-2013
Neighbors across the street are having a garage sale.

So far, I've had to tell 8 different people that MY driveway is NOT a free parking space for the sale.

I've seen people double park, park on the other neighbors lawn and flower bed and even had one garage saler try to send her children over to my yard so they could play while she shopped

Seriously, SOME garage salers are RUDE beyond belief!!
Evansmom 08:22 AM 06-07-2013
UUUGH!!
It's probably bc I'm going on vacation for two weeks at the end on the day and haven't had a day off since Christmas BUT...

I have one DCG 19 mo who has been here 3 months, one DCB 22 mo who is kinda new. The DCB is off playing while the DCG is STILL crying when we go outside and I'm more than 5 feet away from her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO PLAY!!!

I just don't get it! We have a big beautiful back yard, very well kept, nice toys, nice sand box (10'x10'), all the kids LOVE it. Why won't she go play?!? Right now I showed her the play house, she loves the door. I step a few feet away and instant screaming. I'm so over this!!

Ok, vent over. Thank you for this thread!!
slorey 12:11 PM 06-07-2013
Parents of my 14 month old dcb taught him to "pat" people for who knows what reason and now a month or so later want to know why he is hitting so much all of a sudden. Really?!? Also want to know if I have suggestions for how to deal with the hitting. How about not teaching him it is socially acceptable in the first place!
nannyde 05:51 PM 06-07-2013
Originally Posted by Evansmom:
UUUGH!!
It's probably bc I'm going on vacation for two weeks at the end on the day and haven't had a day off since Christmas BUT...

I have one DCG 19 mo who has been here 3 months, one DCB 22 mo who is kinda new. The DCB is off playing while the DCG is STILL crying when we go outside and I'm more than 5 feet away from her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO PLAY!!!

I just don't get it! We have a big beautiful back yard, very well kept, nice toys, nice sand box (10'x10'), all the kids LOVE it. Why won't she go play?!? Right now I showed her the play house, she loves the door. I step a few feet away and instant screaming. I'm so over this!!

Ok, vent over. Thank you for this thread!!
I would take her to the furthest away from you part of the yard and sit her down with her back to you. Quickly turn away and go to your spot so when she turns around she sees your back. On the way to her take away spot tell her to GO PLAY. Only say that.

Rinse and repeat. No eye contact. Don't raise your voice. Just a firm GO PLAY and put her on ignore. If she comes to you look to the sky... take her by the hand...walk to take away spot... turn her away from you...sit her down and say GO PLAY.
Evansmom 06:03 PM 06-07-2013
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I would take her to the furthest away from you part of the yard and sit her down with her back to you. Quickly turn away and go to your spot so when she turns around she sees your back. On the way to her take away spot tell her to GO PLAY. Only say that.

Rinse and repeat. No eye contact. Don't raise your voice. Just a firm GO PLAY and put her on ignore. If she comes to you look to the sky... take her by the hand...walk to take away spot... turn her away from you...sit her down and say GO PLAY.
Thank you, this is similar to what I have been doing. I'm trying to break her of her imagined need to be by me at all times. Even inside. It's been rough but finally today when I ran to the bathroom and she tried to follow I pointed to the common area and said "go play" and she actually did, though she still cried on her way there.

Sometimes I go sit her in the sandbox and walk away. For some reason she won't get out and follow. Tho she still cries. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm a terrible person by now. Lol!
Hunni Bee 06:12 PM 06-07-2013
I GET that money is tight.

I GET that you have four daughters, three of whom you are sending to this wildly expensive preschool/afterschool program and the other is an infant.

Seriously, I do.

But sending your five year old to school in shorts so short that the crease where her butt meets her leg shows WHILE STANDING, every day, is not appropriate. Plus the shorts she wore yesterday were obviously new and not just last years too-small's.

She had on these long dangling earrings, a back out tank top, these "hot pants" and sandals. She looked like a little hooker .
Play Care 07:01 AM 06-10-2013
OH MY GOD! For just once I would like to be able the tell them kids to do something (or not!) and have them say "ok Ms. K" rather then why, why, why.
I am tired of repeating the rules and still having kids do exactly what I *just* said not to do.
Blackcat31 07:46 AM 06-10-2013
I swear, I am beginning to hate my name!!!!!

If this kid says it one more time, I am going to stuff a pencil in my ear!!!!
lovemykidstoo 07:49 AM 06-10-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

hahaha!!
turkey 08:22 AM 06-10-2013

Ditto!
daycarediva 10:46 AM 06-10-2013
My Pete the repeat is driving me crazy today. Usually I can shrug it off, but maaaaaan today it's under my skin.

"Ok guys, 5 minutes until we go inside."

"Ok duys, 5 miniss until we go insigh!"
Josiegirl 04:45 AM 06-11-2013
Strong-willed children are my biggest challenge. Yesterday during p.m. snack I had 2 dcks gang up on another 5 yo. One of them finally backed down but the other one kept at him. We made it thru snack, then everyone was doing the potty break before going outside but this one boy refused. If there's one thing I don't like it's getting to the backyard and THEN someone says I gotta go potty. Ugh. So I really try to enforce this. He refused and the other 5 yo(the snack time target) was very cooperative so when he finished I praised him up and down for being so helpful. The strong-willed guy got all upset, started kicking me, hitting me, so I made him stay inside with my 20 yo dd. I've had him since he was about 2 and he's always been the challenge. He starts kindergarten in the fall and I hate to say it, but I'm glad.
blandino 08:22 PM 06-11-2013
Dear Nana (of a DCG),

Everyday at pick-up you ask me if DCG's pacifier is in her diaper bag, and everyday I tell you that she doesn't use a pacifier at all at daycare so it will be exactly where her mother put it when she arrived. Today you came back all in a panic telling me it wasn't in the bag like I said (about the 5th time this month) because the paci wasn't in her bag and she was asking for it. It was laying in her cubby right where the diaper bag had been.

It is like the option of telling her "no, we don't have a paci right now" never crossed your mind. She is 1 month away from being 2.
Unregistered 12:53 PM 06-12-2013
Today I turned just in time to see one of my 3 years olds who has cursed on 2 other occasion, tell a 1 year old, "She's an a**hole," referring to me.

I had just put another child in time out for throwing a toy at her. She then proceeded to follow us to time out to tell the child off. I corrected her by saying, "Let him sit in time out. You may go play." That is when she walked away and told the other child the above statement.

I'll admit, I was pretty livid. The other child she was talking to is a very mellow, sweet girl, and I really don't want her influenced for the bad.

I called the child who cursed Mom. She started in with the same, "I've never heard that. I've heard 'a**' but not 'a**hole.' The convo didn't go much better after that. At one point she asked if she needed to find another daycare. I replied, "I just need you to figure out how not to curse in front of your child because I cannot have her teaching other children those words."

Help!!
CedarCreek 02:35 PM 06-12-2013
Dang.

I just made accidental eye contact with the new 6 month old dcg. She was actually playing quietly by herself on the floor for once! Now she's crying for me to pick her up.

Dumb me.
Josiegirl 04:08 PM 06-13-2013
Another day, another vent.
I had a brand new couch delivered today, my last one was trashed between kids and dogs. I spent more on this new one than I've ever spent on any one piece of furniture. I preached to all the kids Couches are for SITTING. There will be no jumping, no sitting on the top of it, no using it like a trampoline or you will NOT be allowed on it. I caught one of them doing those exact things. I told him you may not use the couch the rest of the day. Then one of the other dcks came up to me and admitted he and another little girl had been doing it too. I told him thank you for your honesty. But seriously?! Were you guys not listening to me 20 minutes ago?
Play Care 12:46 PM 06-14-2013
It's Friday. It's finally stopped raining. We are inside. Why? I seem to have caught "teething" from someone...Funny how at 36 I am still getting new teeth
BumbleBee 02:58 PM 06-14-2013
Dear on thin ice dcp,

Sorry for the inconvenience of having to close for 2 days. It is a licensing regulation in this state to not operate any daycare without power and running water, neither of which I had until today (Friday) at 4pm. The power went out at 10 pm Wed night.

Add the tree that came down, took up my entire driveway-crossed the 3 lane road and ended 5 feet from my neighbors front door as well as the power line down in my play yard, plus the 2 inches of water in my basement because my sump pump burned through the back up battery (my elderly neighbor needed my generator more than I did.) And maybe you'll feel just a *tiny* bit guilty for flipping out on me about closing.

Sincerely,

Your annoyed provider
BumbleBee 03:02 PM 06-14-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
It's Friday. It's finally stopped raining. We are inside. Why? I seem to have caught "teething" from someone...Funny how at 36 I am still getting new teeth
Sorry you're sick, but this made me laugh.
daycarediva 03:06 PM 06-14-2013
My dh is 34 and IS getting new teeth! He has a molar coming in! He complained about his tooth to me in front of my dcb. Dcb proudly showed dh his FOUR molars coming in and bounded away happily while dh was moaning in pain and talking about calling the dentist back.

I hope your "teething" gets better!
daycarediva 11:19 AM 06-18-2013
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!

I have a dcb, best napper I have EVER had in care. He will sleep until you wake him up, day in, day out, every single day for well over a year. His parents WANT him to take a great nap or he is a bear all evening. They say GOOD! When I say he slept 3 hours (and he still sleeps well at home, too but did NOT when he didn't get a great nap at his former center.)

Today was field trip day, and he was EXHAUSTED, he falls down on his mat and is out almost instantly, I get everyone else settled and asleep within 30 minutes and GUESS WHO IS UP!? My "great" sleeper!

I was thinking it's a GIVEN great nap day since all of the kids are just tired out. NOPE!

What gives?
trippingontoys 12:11 PM 06-18-2013
I just found out via facebook that I will be replacing an entire family (4 kids) in the fall because the 3rd one is going to preschool. Kids 1 and 2 are already in school and I cannot hold 3 full time spots for after school care only. There was no mention that this child was even on the waiting list for preschool. I am sick to my stomach about this. Even though I've never had trouble filling my openings I'm flipping out. I just gave a family with two kids to my friend that does child care because I wasn't going to have room this fall when they needed me. I keep telling myself deep breaths, think happy thoughts, and don't hyperventilate til I can be alone.
grateday 04:43 PM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I am a bit burnt out with "Diaper Thongs" requiring me to do multiple wardrobe changes, treat "Chronic Monday Diaper Rash" and do more loads of laundry a day.

I understand you get more diapers for the money in the smaller sizes BUT at what point is ENOUGH ENOUGH????

Yep, that feels better.
That is funny and true!!!!! The crystal light thing is true too.
grateday 05:03 PM 06-24-2013
How many parents let their kids grab things off the counter?
How many parents ignore clear signs of develop.mental delay?
When is a rash going to matter to a parent when it is obviously a contact rash?
Why don't parents work on nose picking and hands in mouth?
Why cant the furniture be left alone?
Why is it that when i am going to the bathroom means coloring on the walls?
Why cant the kids quit picking on my son?
why does the dcg keep walking and darting in front of me when anyone needs to go from point A to point B?
Why is it that food cannot be left in the kitchen?
why are drinks dumped on the floor?
why are kids screaming?
Why cant anyone go to the bathroom for a change after efforts?
why is itthat they act up when one another is?
Why cant parents stop it with the juice.
Why cant the blankets be left in thee living room and pillows left on the couch
why does one child mouth my pillows with saliva?
why do parents chat for 30 min. Before work
why do parents show up late and not expect to pay
Play Care 10:45 AM 06-25-2013
DH is always criticizing my one of my dc clients because they frequently leave their kids here until closing time so they can get house/yard work done. Yet, he is off this week and guess what? He leaves his kids in day care so he can get his house/yard work done.

It's really hot here and I know they would love to go to the pool. I've said pointedly several times in DH's hearing "mommy will take you when she is done with work!" The problem is that we've had thunderstorms pop up every afternoon as soon as the dc kids are picked up.
daycarediva 04:10 PM 06-25-2013
DH is always criticizing my one of my dc clients because they frequently leave their kids here until closing time so they can get house/yard work done. Yet, he is off this week and guess what? He leaves his kids in day care so he can get his house/yard work done.

It's really hot here and I know they would love to go to the pool. I've said pointedly several times in DH's hearing "mommy will take you when she is done with work!" The problem is that we've had thunderstorms pop up every afternoon as soon as the dc kids are picked up.
I would TELL HIM! Dh had cancellations this week and used the time to 'get things done' I told him today that he had better stop acting like a dead beat dad and pick his kids up from daycare early tomorrow to do something fun with them.
Sunshine74 09:44 PM 06-25-2013
Why, oh why, will our director not let our sleeping toddlers sleep? Especially on a Monday (I didn't make it here to vent yesterday). They are all tired from the weekend, not to mention we played outside in the water in the morning. She just comes and flips on the lights and tells us nap is over. And who has to deal with the crabby toddlers all afternoon? Not her of course.
Play Care 03:17 AM 06-26-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I would TELL HIM! Dh had cancellations this week and used the time to 'get things done' I told him today that he had better stop acting like a dead beat dad and pick his kids up from daycare early tomorrow to do something fun with them.
He is taking them swimming today
Lyss 12:41 PM 06-27-2013
Thanks DCD for letting DCG sleep from 10-1130 because you just "needed a break" (on your one day, or half day rather, a week with her ) and then dropping her off here 12 when you KNOW everyone naps 12:30-3. So now DCG (18mo) will be up the whole time until she needs a 2nd nap at guess what time? 3... when everyone else gets up.

Fun. Get to have yet ANOTHER talk with DCM about this at pick up.
BumbleBee 01:00 PM 06-27-2013
Dear 9 yo dck,

I realize you've been gone for 2 weeks, but I should not have to look you dead in the eye and say:

"When I tell you to do something I expect it to be done without arguement or complaint. I also expect it to be done the first time."

We seem to be on the upswing now but wow the morning was rough.
Patches 04:48 PM 06-27-2013
Wow, it was a rough couple of days for my almost 4yo DCB and I am hoping tomorrow is better or I will have to send him home AGAIN. My assistant was supposed to take her CPR certification class tonight but when she got there, there is apparently no class tonight....glad I already paid for an imaginary class Now I have to cancel my 2 yo doctor apt AGAIN because I am the only cpr certified person here AND 7 of my light bulbs have burnt out in the last 24 hours and I have no more and no money to buy any and I keep using the mad smiley because there isn't a crying one.
Lyss 09:51 AM 07-01-2013
DCM this morning: "Oh and we decided to go camping on the 5th so we won't be here"

So I guess she didn't read the list of closed days for this year I sent home in Jan, July's invoice, the bulletin board, or reminder letter I send home last week... all said I'm CLOSED 4th and 5th.
Patches 10:08 AM 07-01-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
DCM this morning: "Oh and we decided to go camping on the 5th so we won't be here"

So I guess she didn't read the list of closed days for this year I sent home in Jan, July's invoice, the bulletin board, or reminder letter I send home last week... all said I'm CLOSED 4th and 5th.
That's annoying, but at least she isn't going to show up at your door when your closed
Cradle2crayons 10:09 AM 07-01-2013
That's annoying, but at least she isn't going to show up at your door when your closed
Good point!!!
Lyss 11:53 AM 07-01-2013
I agree but this family is wishy washy and I won't be surprised if suddenly it becomes "see you Friday, we're not going camping after all" (even though I replied "I'm closed anyway," no acknowledgement from her to this statement) as they've done this the last 3 times they were going camping
JoseyJo 01:18 PM 07-01-2013
I think I would have just said "Good! I'm closed that day anyway!" and grinned really big
Patches 05:57 AM 07-02-2013
Ok, seriously?! Can something please go right?! I was finally going to get to take my ds to the doctor today and my sub texts me at 4 am that she can't make it today!!!
Can I just go back to bed for the next two weeks? Because this is how I feel lately
2grls4us 08:50 AM 07-03-2013
I believe I have caught someones "teething" otherwise know as strep throat. Lovely timing too. My baby's 3rd birthday is this week and we have family and friends coming to celebrate that and the 4th.

Just hope my friend who is pregnant with twins does not get "teething".
Jack Sprat 12:50 PM 07-03-2013
So I have figured out that there will always be that one parent.
She has yet to give a weeks schedule in advance even though I have asked for one verbally and sent a note home with dcg, she brings dcg at 1:00 or a little before and expects her to take a nap at 1:30 with the other kids. Even though this child gets up at 10:30 or later. She complains that dcg talks to much. Daycare is paid by a fostering agency which was paying for all of dcg daycare now things have changed and fosters have to kick in some or at least that is my understanding. Dreading dcm response to that letter.

Other then that...loving it!
Jack Sprat 12:53 PM 07-03-2013
Yes!!!!
Lyss 04:44 PM 07-03-2013
I hate dresses on toddlers and crawlers! DCG (18mo) has been tripping all over hers today and getting frustrated and hurt because of it. She can't get on the slide, climber, bench, up stairs at library...

I finally had to tuck the front into her diaper (no pants and no extras) but she's got some fun scrapes on her forehead and back from getting caught in her dress and falling
Sunshine74 08:10 PM 07-05-2013
Someone please remind me to never work July 5th ever again. Kids coming in grumpy because they were up late and got up normal time, other ones coming in late because they slept in and then didn't nap. There was way too much crying, especially at lunch time.

Ugh. If my husband wasn't out of work right now I would have taken the day off.
Bookworm 03:32 PM 07-08-2013
Vent #1. Why in the name of all that is Holy, would you put a onesie on a fully potty trained 3yr old who couldn't unsnap it causing her to pee all over the bathroom and part of the carpet because she freaked out and ran out of the bathroom. And she had no extra clothes. Guess who had to leave work early.

Vent #2. Once again, DO NOT leave your infant/child alone in a classroom when you're dropping off first thing in the morning. If we are in the kitchen or another room setting up, we might not hear you come in. If you don't see one of us, call out and we will come running. I shouldn't have to tell you this is dangerous and can get us into all types of trouble. You will complain about missing socks, hair bows, the toys they aren't supposed to bring anyway but you think nothing of leaving your kid alone in building without letting anyone know. Sorry so long but the second one really pisses me off.
tarwel 04:44 PM 07-09-2013
i had my L.O stop in for a routine inspection a few weeks ago and when she showed up i was in the washroom. she said she knocked on the door 2 times (which i never heard) and then she said she looked though the window to see me coming out of the washroom and that the children playing in the play area of my LFC.

Apparently this was and is a problem for her. she suggested to me that i take the children into the bathroom with me when i have to use the washroom. I could understand this if i had an infant but the children that were present were 6YO, 4YO & 2YO. I do not think it is appropriate for me to be taking children into the washroom with me as all of my DCK are boys and I am female + us females have female business that we need to take care of once a month if you know what I mean.

Anyone else had this problem? do you take your children into the washroom with you (other than infants / babies)????? I have talked to ALL of my DCP and they agree with me that this is a bit unreasonable.
Cradle2crayons 06:34 PM 07-09-2013
Originally Posted by tarwel:
i had my L.O stop in for a routine inspection a few weeks ago and when she showed up i was in the washroom. she said she knocked on the door 2 times (which i never heard) and then she said she looked though the window to see me coming out of the washroom and that the children playing in the play area of my LFC.

Apparently this was and is a problem for her. she suggested to me that i take the children into the bathroom with me when i have to use the washroom. I could understand this if i had an infant but the children that were present were 6YO, 4YO & 2YO. I do not think it is appropriate for me to be taking children into the washroom with me as all of my DCK are boys and I am female + us females have females business that we need to take care of once a month if you know what I mean.

Anyone else had this problem do you take your children into the washroom with you (other than infants / babies)????? I have talked to ALL of my DCP and they agree with me that this is a bit unreasonable.

I would NEVER take boys that age into the bathroom with me while I potties or took care of female business.

If that's what she's recommending, demand to see that in WRITING. If she cants produce it, then go over her head.
Unregistered 07:09 PM 07-09-2013
Are we talking about the restroom?! Take dck with you to the restroom while you USE the restroom? And the state told you this?'
Leanna 07:47 PM 07-09-2013

Apparently this was and is a problem for her. she suggested to me that i take the children into the bathroom with me when i have to use the washroom. I could understand this if i had an infant but the children that were present were 6YO, 4YO & 2YO. I do not think it is appropriate for me to be taking children into the washroom with me as all of my DCK are boys and I am female + us females have females business that we need to take care of once a month if you know what I mean.

Anyone else had this problem do you take your children into the washroom with you (other than infants / babies)????? I have talked to ALL of my DCP and they agree with me that this is a bit unreasonable.
I don't think it was appropriate for her to look through the window. It doesn't allow for her to see clearly all areas & what is happening and she couldn't hear anything at all. I would question anything she told you based on something she saw through a window.
Patches 11:38 PM 07-09-2013

Ridiculous. Plain and simple. Not even an option. I would be calling her supervisor
Laurel 04:25 AM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I would NEVER take boys that age into the bathroom with me while I potties or took care of female business.

If that's what she's recommending, demand to see that in WRITING. If she cants produce it, then go over her head.
Great idea about getting it in writing. At some workshop we were told that if the inspector had suggested anything off of the wall that we should ask to have it in writing.

Laurel
tarwel 05:52 AM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Are we talking about the restroom?! Take dck with you to the restroom while you USE the restroom? And the state told you this?'
I am in Canada,,, but YES she told me that I should take them INTO the restroom while I need to use the facilitates (as in go to the washroom)!!!!!
tarwel 05:55 AM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:

Great idea, thank you. I need to supply her with a written response so I will ask her when I submit that.
Lyss 08:17 AM 07-10-2013
DH left the freezer door open all night Now this morning I have a warm fridge and partial frozen food in the freezer. Most everything has to be pitched.

Waiting for DCK to arrive (late of course) so we can run get ice for the cooler

Its only Wednesday morning but this has been a terrible week already, I'd really like to breakdown and cry right now. Just feels like the final straw in a terrible week that's not even half over.
Blackcat31 09:18 AM 07-10-2013
DH left the freezer door open all night Now this morning I have a warm fridge and partial frozen food in the freezer. Most everything has to be pitched.

Waiting for DCK to arrive (late of course) so we can run get ice for the cooler

Its only Wednesday morning but this has been a terrible week already, I'd really like to breakdown and cry right now. Just feels like the final straw in a terrible week that's not even half over.

I have no words of wisdom or no magic potion to make it better but I can tell you that you have friends and a wonderful support system right here.
Lyss 10:37 AM 07-10-2013

I have no words of wisdom or no magic potion to make it better but I can tell you that you have friends and a wonderful support system right here.
Thanks. Its seriously just been one of those weeks where Murphy's law is kicking my behind. Hopefully this will be the end of it... for a few days anyway!

I managed to make it to the store to get ice and back in the 20 minutes between drop offs, phew! I'm thankful that at least most of the meat and pre-made meals were in the back of the freezer and still frozen so I could put them in coolers. Unfortunately all the dairy/leftovers in the fridge had to go because my thermometer said 57 I'm in the middle of the 3rd and final "troubleshooting" option to get it working (repair guy is scheduled for later this afternoon just in case) so fingers crossed.
BumbleBee 02:23 PM 07-12-2013
Wednesday I pulled a muscle in my shoulder and couldn't rotate my shoulder or lift my arm above 45 degrees.

Thursday I had a pipe break in the basement, didn't notice for an hour, had a good inch of standing water in my basement & learned that my basement floor does not slant towards the drain down there. Lost cheap carpet & drywall. Subfloor isn't looking to hot, trying to dry it out down there but I can't get the humidity below 65% :-( Was up cleaning up the water until 2am.

Today I'm a walking zombie & the kids are impossible - I'm sure they're related. To top it all off, I burned 8 of my finger pads at lunch time and all 8 of them have blistered. They hurt like crazy and there's no way to NOT use that part of my fingers. I'm just done.
Play Care 04:42 AM 07-16-2013
Even though she was *just* here in October, I am getting a full licensing inspection tomorrow. Why oh why must she come in the summer? I have the school aged kids who have been mouthy and obnoxious, the younger kids have been fighting naps, etc. So for two hours (at least) my attention will be split between her and them, and the way they have behaved so far this summer makes me dread this more than usual.

So if anyone has any tips/advice to make this go smoothly, I'm all ears
Sunshine74 07:35 PM 07-16-2013
The heat/humidity is making our toddlers moody.Today the heat index was 100* or so in the afternoon, and there was an air quality warning so we couldn't go outside. Even when we tried to go out in the morning, the combination of the heat/humidity made it so we could hardly stay out for 20 minutes! We have had more behavior problems in the past couple days than any sane person could take.

This summer is a bust! If it is not hot and humid, it is raining.
daycarediva 09:38 AM 07-17-2013
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
The heat/humidity is making our toddlers moody.Today the heat index was 100* or so in the afternoon, and there was an air quality warning so we couldn't go outside. Even when we tried to go out in the morning, the combination of the heat/humidity made it so we could hardly stay out for 20 minutes! We have had more behavior problems in the past couple days than any sane person could take.

This summer is a bust! If it is not hot and humid, it is raining.
I am in NY too. Do you have shaded areas? I purchased a canopy/tent thing for my patio and have two large trees. Between the shade and water play, we were able to stay cool and outside from 9a-1p yesterday! It was heaven!
daycarediva 09:42 AM 07-17-2013
This morning:

1 child came in kicking and screaming because she was supposed to go to Dad's but his work schedule changed last minute and Mom didn't tell her until they pulled into my driveway

1 child came in holding a BROWNIE at 7:30 in the morning and said "I told you Miss **** was going to make me throw it away!"

1 child came in holding an IPAD and his Dad said he didn't care if he played with it today. To which I replied "In the water? Outside? In the sand? With paint? With chalk?" until he took it back.

1 child came in throwing a MASSIVE fit because Mom wouldn't let him bring in balloons from his party.

1 child came in with SOAKING WET shoes on and ran straight through the whole house before I caught him and made him take them off and I had to mop the floor.

1 child came in banned footwear and was turned away at the door.

That was all before 8am! Thank goodness the day has massively improved since those pesky grown ups left!
CedarCreek 11:13 AM 07-17-2013
This morning:

1 child came in kicking and screaming because she was supposed to go to Dad's but his work schedule changed last minute and Mom didn't tell her until they pulled into my driveway

1 child came in holding a BROWNIE at 7:30 in the morning and said "I told you Miss **** was going to make me throw it away!"

1 child came in holding an IPAD and his Dad said he didn't care if he played with it today. To which I replied "In the water? Outside? In the sand? With paint? With chalk?" until he took it back.

1 child came in throwing a MASSIVE fit because Mom wouldn't let him bring in balloons from his party.

1 child came in with SOAKING WET shoes on and ran straight through the whole house before I caught him and made him take them off and I had to mop the floor.

1 child came in banned footwear and was turned away at the door.

That was all before 8am! Thank goodness the day has massively improved since those pesky grown ups left!
You had quite a morning!! Now I feel bad for complaining about my smarty pants DCD!
Lyss 02:32 PM 07-17-2013
Ugh! I'm so tired of oversensitivity in people around me IRL, IMO its also a part self centeredness too. By thinking their answer or action is the only right one and if anyone disagrees they're crying poor me and lashing out.

I have 2 friends having a "fight" via Facebook because one posted a comment about some issue and the other friend clarified some misinformation in the post... now its turning ugly and personal for no reason because OP didn't like being told she was incorrect. now they're trying to pull me into it, heck no!!

A really close friend is no longer speaking to me and throwing out all kinds of rude comments to other friends about me, DH, and others that disagreed because he acted like a child (destroying old bikes, rare 1930s era that DH had loaned him, because his girlfriend broke up with him and she liked riding them he's 37). He videotaped himself doing it and posted it on facebook, DH was livid but didn't post anything (he tried to call him) and I posted to him I thought it was a poor choice and DH would have picked them up as they were his anyway. Suddenly I'm heartless (for not letting him grieve the relationship in peace ) and a materialistic b.

And today I had a DCM get all upset and start whining to me because DCM2 "hurt her feelings" because she decided to stay and talk to DCM3 about cloth diapering instead of taking DCM1's "advice" that it was "too much work, not worth it" (she's never used them, DCM2 wanted to talk to DCM3 about diaper service she uses). She wants me to talk to DCM2 about it No, sorry.

Get over yourselves! Jeez people!
Play Care 04:25 AM 07-18-2013
Ugh! I'm so tired of oversensitivity in people around me IRL, IMO its also a part self centeredness too. By thinking their answer or action is the only right one and if anyone disagrees they're crying poor me and lashing out.

I have 2 friends having a "fight" via Facebook because one posted a comment about some issue and the other friend clarified some misinformation in the post... now its turning ugly and personal for no reason because OP didn't like being told she was incorrect. now they're trying to pull me into it, heck no!!

A really close friend is no longer speaking to me and throwing out all kinds of rude comments to other friends about me, DH, and others that disagreed because he acted like a child (destroying old bikes, rare 1930s era that DH had loaned him, because his girlfriend broke up with him and she liked riding them he's 37). He videotaped himself doing it and posted it on facebook, DH was livid but didn't post anything (he tried to call him) and I posted to him I thought it was a poor choice and DH would have picked them up as they were his anyway. Suddenly I'm heartless (for not letting him grieve the relationship in peace ) and a materialistic b.

And today I had a DCM get all upset and start whining to me because DCM2 "hurt her feelings" because she decided to stay and talk to DCM3 about cloth diapering instead of taking DCM1's "advice" that it was "too much work, not worth it" (she's never used them, DCM2 wanted to talk to DCM3 about diaper service she uses). She wants me to talk to DCM2 about it No, sorry.

Get over yourselves! Jeez people!
Wow! I don't blame you at all! I never understood the mentality of people who think that they can destroy things when upset. That's what 2 year olds do...

I also NEVER reply to anything on FB I may disagree with or know to be incorrect. No one ever responds well to be called out in "public"
Play Care 04:39 AM 07-18-2013
Inspection went well, and the kids were okay. Guess whose kids were the most challenging?
BumbleBee 06:17 AM 07-18-2013
Why is it that the kids forget all the rules and act like hooligans when I'm sleep deprived and barely functioning?

I didn't get home from my great aunts house until close to 5am. That was after she was transported via ambulance to the hospital when she was found unconcious on the floor by the oxygen supply company at 6pm yesterday evening.

She was released at 10pm but was up/down all night from the neb treatment at the hospital. Of course, her daughter who lives 3 miles away "didn't have time" to come to the hospital or come to her moms house.

And no, I didn't leave her alone at 5am. My cousin is with her for the day.

Anyways, back to my vent - the kids are being awful today. I put on a movie (which I almost never do) but they started hitting each other. We went outside - they tried to run over each other w/the cars. We went for a walk - 2 tried to run off. They are now in individual areas with toys of my choosing and they STILL manage to misbehave - spitting, chewing on toys, throwing toys, ripping books....shall I go on? And for the record these kids are 3, 4.5, 8, & 9.
Sunshine74 04:06 PM 07-18-2013
I am in NY too. Do you have shaded areas? I purchased a canopy/tent thing for my patio and have two large trees. Between the shade and water play, we were able to stay cool and outside from 9a-1p yesterday! It was heaven!
The only shade we get is from the building itself, or the fence, depending on where the sun is. We are working on getting a shelter built (like the kind they have at parks), but it was mostly the humidity and air quality warnings that have kept us in.
Dragonfly 07:33 AM 07-19-2013
So, it's summer and everyone's schedules are different. I understand that but I've requested notice ahead of time of what days and times their child will be here. Well, this morning *I* texted mom asking if baby was coming. Mom said yes, probaly by 12:00. I said we will be out of the house today and to please give me an exact time she will arrive so I can make sure we're here. Mom said probably around 11:30. That's not an exact time!!! Then mom says baby's still sleeping (8:40). I text to remind her that nap time is at 12:00 and baby needs to be tired so she will sleep with the rest of the kids. She has not responded. I'm sure she's mad. I really dislike having to tell parents over and over my schedule here and how important it is when you have 6 little ones for 10 hours day! And it's just common courtesy to let you provider know your schedule ahead of time. Grrr.
daycarediva 09:15 AM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
The only shade we get is from the building itself, or the fence, depending on where the sun is. We are working on getting a shelter built (like the kind they have at parks), but it was mostly the humidity and air quality warnings that have kept us in.
Hmmm, no water play? It's just that we went from rain to heat and your little ones must be going crazy being cooped up inside!

Mine were outside allllll day this week. We alternated water play and ice painting today. Everyone stayed cool and hydrated, despite the heat. Even with the humidity, it's not hot enough to justify staying indoors.
Blackcat31 09:22 AM 07-19-2013
Hmmm, no water play? It's just that we went from rain to heat and your little ones must be going crazy being cooped up inside!

Mine were outside allllll day this week. We alternated water play and ice painting today. Everyone stayed cool and hydrated, despite the heat. Even with the humidity, it's not hot enough to justify staying indoors.
Even with water play and shade, it may not be enough....little kids don't sweat like adults and their cooling mechanisms in their bodies are not yet fully developed.

Some areas are dictating that ALL children stay indoors when it gets this dangerously hot outside. Even shade and waterplay can't protect some of the littles from heat stroke.
Play Care 09:33 AM 07-19-2013
This week has been horrible for my nappers. Getting up off mats, chatting, kicking around, etc. I've had to sit right with them until at least two are asleep. It's now 12:30 and the lunch mess is still out but I can't clean it because no one is sleeping. I finally told them that the longer I have to sit with them, the longer nap time is going to be. I am so over this.
Unregistered 03:19 PM 07-22-2013
I babysit for my neighbor. I say "babysit" because don't report it on my taxes and it is only part time.
Mostly I started watching the girl for something to do and she was a very easy baby except that she would not sleep in a pack n play. Last summer when the mom lost her job, I agreed to lower my rates to a pitifully low hourly rate, and because it is just "babysitting" I only get paid for the hours she is here. I only watche her occasionally during the school year while I had another job.
This summer I started keeping her again for the same pitifully low rate. Well, she is 2 now and not near as easy to handle. Oh, the mom is an LVN and has started her own home health care business.
But what really gets me is all the all the times that the mom is posting on Facebook about her workouts, getting a tattoo, going shopping, while I am stuck at home with her kid. Because of where we live, I would use up more money in gass to take the kid somewhere than I make babysitting her. I loose money every time I take the kids to McDs for lunch.

If that mom have all that free time while paying me next to nothing to take care of her kid, she is not paying me enough. If this amout is so hard on her, she should be rushing over here to pick up her kid as soon as she is finished working.

Thankfully, I have another job starting soon and I am telling her today that I can only take the kid for one more week.

Whew! Rant over.
I know it is really my fault for not insisting on a more formal arrangement and letting her take advantage of me.
Play Care 03:46 AM 07-23-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I babysit for my neighbor. I say "babysit" because don't report it on my taxes and it is only part time.
Mostly I started watching the girl for something to do and she was a very easy baby except that she would not sleep in a pack n play. Last summer when the mom lost her job, I agreed to lower my rates to a pitifully low hourly rate, and because it is just "babysitting" I only get paid for the hours she is here. I only watche her occasionally during the school year while I had another job.
This summer I started keeping her again for the same pitifully low rate. Well, she is 2 now and not near as easy to handle. Oh, the mom is an LVN and has started her own home health care business.
But what really gets me is all the all the times that the mom is posting on Facebook about her workouts, getting a tattoo, going shopping, while I am stuck at home with her kid. Because of where we live, I would use up more money in gass to take the kid somewhere than I make babysitting her. I loose money every time I take the kids to McDs for lunch.

If that mom have all that free time while paying me next to nothing to take care of her kid, she is not paying me enough. If this amout is so hard on her, she should be rushing over here to pick up her kid as soon as she is finished working.

Thankfully, I have another job starting soon and I am telling her today that I can only take the kid for one more week.

Whew! Rant over.
I know it is really my fault for not insisting on a more formal arrangement and letting her take advantage of me.
I am sorry for your bad experience. You can take comfort in the fact it will probably shock mom when you give notice. She knows how good she has it...
BumbleBee 04:29 AM 07-24-2013
Dear dcp,

It is currently 41 degrees outside. Not sure why you were shocked that I made you go get sweaters/jackets for your children - who were dressed in tank tops and shorts. I realize the high today is 72 and last week we were over 100 degrees for 5 days straight, but please listen when your children tell you they are cold. It will *maybe* warm up to 55 degrees by the time we go for our morning walk - they still need sweaters/jackets.

Sincerely,
Your provider
Sunshine74 06:07 PM 07-27-2013
This has been an awful week all around (and I was even off on Monday!) for various reasons, first and foremost because my sister and co-worker was on vacation all week. The kids were all testing their boundies because of different teachers all week, our director was on my case all week for no reason, etc, etc. It was so bad that I didn't even want to come here because I didn't want to think of daycare (even someone else's) by the time I got home. And I have had a horrible feeling that something bad is going to happen almost all week (not necessarily daycare related, but it's been there).

Thank goodness it's the weekend. And my sister will be back on Monday.
CedarCreek 12:22 PM 07-29-2013
Why oh why must these dcps push me??

I hate reminding parents to pay me!

Pay is due on Mondays, always has been. Yet,every Monday I find myself telling everyone that their tuition is due unless they want a 10 dollar a day late fee.

Also, there is a new kid enrolled here that lives a couple of houses down. He's a screamer. We aren't getting along.
CedarCreek 01:25 PM 08-02-2013
Pick up for dcb is 4:00. Dcm is new and I just went over the late fees with her for going outside of contracted hours without prior notice.

She just texted me: hey, I'm at work and his grandma is running late. She will pick him up at 5:30.

Me: okay, I will add your $30 late fee to his tuition next week.

Her: oh..okay. I'll see if she can come earlier.

seriously? I'm really tired of these people TELLING ME that they are picking up at a different time. No. You ask and I see if I can accommodate.
mom2many 10:13 AM 08-07-2013
Just need to get a few things off my chest....

I've had 10 yo dcg f/t M-F for 7 years. Mom asked at beginning of summer if she could pay for less days and not be held to the normal contract during vacation, so that dcg could spend part of the summer with friends, relatives, etc and not miss out on some fun summer activities. Per contract, she was allowed 1 unpaid week off for vacation, plus any days that I took off were also unpaid.

I had explained that if she pulled her, I could not guarantee a spot in the fall, but would be willing to meet her halfway for the summer and that she would be required to pay me a minimum of 10 days per month (basically 1/2 her normal rate) and could bring her more if she needed, but that was the minimum pay I would require to hold her spot. She thought that was great and agreed to that.

In June, she ended up paying for 2 extra days of care than was required and in July, she did not attend at all the first part of the month. I was off from July 4-12 (6 of those days were my unpaid time off) and I was open 15 days total in the month of July. When she returned dcm hands me a check and says, "I deducted off the 6 days you were on vacation." I stood there with my mouth open thinking..."so you agreed to pay 10 days for the entire month and I took off 6 days, which left 15 other days for her to come whenever you chose, but NOW you think you only owe me for 4 days and NOT the agreed to 10. How is this right/fair?!? You can't have it both ways!" I don't normally charge for my time off, but she had agreed to pay for part time and it wasn't like I was not available for the 10 days!

I explained that when she was f/t we had a contract and this summer her status had temporarily changed and that maybe I had not been completely clear. I had never navigated through a change like this and one would think after 27 years, I would be more adept at thinking through things better. I simply told her what I'd expected to transpire and that next time I would be more crystal clear...ERRRRRR

It would not be so frustrating, but I've done more than the norm getting dcg ready for dance- complete with hair in bun, taking dcg to dance occasionally when needed, making an extra trip to school at pick up, because she has an extracurricular activity and provided care past my 6 pm closing on numerous occasions (almost once a week!) at no extra charge, because she calls saying she is stuck in traffic. I have willingly helped her with these things, so I'm not finding issue with these things alone... just wish she was not such a taker! lol It's getting old, but then again so am I! Maybe at 52, I am not as tolerant as I used to be!
Lyss 10:23 AM 08-13-2013
Ugh! I took vacation days last week so I haven't seen DCKs in 5 days and holy cow it's been a rough week so far! Makes me almost not want to take a vacation again (almost)!

DCBaby has screamed 24/7 the last 2 days unless held and the once great sleeper won't nap more than 20 minutes without screaming!! She used to take a 1.25 hour am nap, 2.5 hour afternoon nap, and 1 hour evening nap but now I can barely get 20 minutes out of her.

DCGs (1.5 & 3) have been a hot mess of tantrums and whining, plus they seem to have forgotten every rule.

DCG 2.5 has been whining constantly about wanting to watch tv "Mommy lets me watch it all day! I want tv!!" and wont participate in anything, just lays in front of where the tv is mounted.
Blackcat31 12:37 PM 08-13-2013
I have a REALLY cranky 1.5 yr old.

The family just got back from a week's vacation.... nothing wrong with DCK, just that apparently someone taught them during their time off that they needed to be held 24/7.....

Months of hard work, routine and consistency gone in just one week

I texted DCM to let her know to be "on alert" as I may need to send child home...

Mom's answer...."Oh, when 'B' gets like that, just pick them up. Or feed them. That works every time"

Seriously???
Play Care 03:37 PM 08-13-2013
My 3 yo dc boy is signed up for preschool in September. In June I mentioned to mom that his speech was not coming along as I'd hoped and he is still having massive drool issues. On top of that he is in no way shape or form ready to potty train (and I've tried) and will still have a BM in his diaper and not care. Mom seemed completely unconcerned until I made it clear that I was only doing ONE pick up and drop off to preschool and I was not going to be the one leaving work to go get him/ change him.
They are away on vacation this week and she told me she's hoping he will be potty trained when they come back...
I refuse to stress about this. I've done what I can and its not my issue.
(Now just remind me of that)
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61  ... Last
Reply Up