Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When your
mia 11:19 AM 04-02-2015
When your clients leave do they take the daily log book with them or do you keep for your records....

I have a client that is moving to a different Province today leaving within the next 1/2 hour .....
Blackcat31 11:28 AM 04-02-2015
Originally Posted by mia:
When your clients leave do they take the daily log book with them or do you keep for your records....

I have a client that is moving to a different Province today leaving within the next 1/2 hour .....
I don't really know what you mean by log book but if its daily correspondence between the parent/provider about daily activities, moods and such, I'd keep that as documentation and wouldn't allow the parent to take it. I would think it was the property of the child care program.
mia 11:39 AM 04-02-2015
Yes its the days activities, mood, food, sleep etc...

Thanks Blackcat, that's what I was thinking as well. Just wanted to make sure.
itlw8 12:14 PM 04-02-2015
I would think it needs to stay in your records. If they need a copy then you would need to copy it for them though I would charge for it to cover time, paper
and ink
Gemma 03:04 PM 04-02-2015
I log daily only infants, and I give the sheet to the parents, so they don't need to ask me 100 questions when they come to pick up.
AmyKidsCo 04:03 PM 04-02-2015
I'd keep it too, just in case something comes up in the future.

I once heard that you should make copies of daily sheets for the same reason. I use an app now so I have a copy of everything, just in case...
Reply Up