Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Public/Private Facebook
Country Kids 03:38 PM 08-30-2012
I'm thinking of starting one for my business. I would like it to be public but I know my parents aren't going to want their childrens faces on it for everyone to see.

The reason for it to be public is so that when people look for a childcare my name will pop up and they can see everything we are doing. I'm not sure if I could really do something like that on my website (when I get one).

So do any of you have a public facebook or do you keep it private?
Happy Hearts 04:15 PM 08-30-2012
Mine is public and parents had to sign a permission form for me to post pictures of their kids. If they don't sign, then no pictures. I like it to be public so that prospective clients can see what we're up to day to day.
Sunchimes 05:00 PM 08-30-2012
Don't quote me on this, but it might be worth checking into. I think that when you make a post on FB, you can choose who sees it. So, if a post doesn't contain pictures, you can leave it public. But, if it has a picture, you can choose to only show it to the parents by setting them into a custom group. I'll double check with my more savvy facebook friends----or my grandkids---and report back when I have an answer.

I'd like to do this too, and this is the way I have it figured.
DaycareMama 05:58 PM 08-30-2012
Another memeber just posted her Facebook link on here the other day and I LOVE IT!!!! She has it public but doesn't show pictures of the kids or use their names. She'll say "A" for maybe "Amanda".. Her page is soooo awesome and I have to admit I have looked at it a few times today just in awe. Without seeing the kids I can totally tell what kind of program she runs. She has definetly inspired me to create a page. I was leary to do it for the fact that once pictures are on FB you don't really have any control what happens with them and who can copy or see them. I love how she solved that problem
Crazy8 07:05 PM 08-30-2012
I have both - a public page for anyone to like and NO, you can not control who sees the pics on that one. ANYONE can "like" it so I do not want info about where we are going, etc. on that page. And then I have a private "personal" page in my daycare name for parents only. This is where I post more detailed information about what we do and pictures of the kids.
Reply Up