Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:57 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Default My Child In Same Playground I'm Working At

So my sons (twin 2 year olds) just started daycare a month ago. First time even in daycare. I started working at the same center a week ago- and it's my first time working in childcare.

I'm a floater- so I work in any room that needs me. I just can't work in the rooms my sons are in. But it worked out on Tuesday that I had my class outside for recess the same time one of my sons was out. He immediately ran up to me thinking that I was picking him up to go home. He just held my hand while I went around breaking up fights, lifting fallen children up, etc.

But when it was time to go to our own rooms, he freaked out. His teacher said that he was really upset the rest of the day- crying, purposely running into things and not participating in things.

What can I do to help him transition better? I know my sons will see me throughout the day since I work in the same building
Old 11-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! Are you located in Germany?
Old 11-14-2012, 02:18 PM
New Daycare.com Member

thanks. Yes, my husband is Air Force and we're stationed over here

Tags
provider children, transitional transitional, transitioning