Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>These Are Cute! Christmas Idea
Josiegirl 02:14 AM 10-25-2018
https://www.allfreeholidaycrafts.com...nta-Mason-Jars

What do you think of dcks making these for their parents?
In the past we've done tons of ornaments with hand prints, foot prints, but mason jars would be a little different.
What could the dcks put in them? Candles maybe?

What do you think?
DaveA 03:47 AM 10-25-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:

In the past we've done tons of ornaments with hand prints, foot prints, but mason jars would be a little different.

What do you think?
I'm thinking of quoting a very mean Ebenezer Scrooge line because you're talking about Christmas crafts in October.

I wouldn't do candles (maybe the led tea lights) but something like homemade bark or other candy
amberrose3dg 05:20 AM 10-25-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:

What do you think?
Thanks for the idea! I think that's a good project to do with the kiddos.
jenboo 05:53 AM 10-25-2018
Those are so cute!
Snowmom 07:12 AM 10-25-2018
They are super cute. You'll be doing the bulk of the work though.

I definitely want to explore that website! It looks like it has a lot of fun ideas. Thanks for sharing.
Miss A 07:15 AM 10-25-2018
Very cute! 8 agree that you will be doing the bulk of the work, but if you are ok with that then go for it.

You could even combine it with Dave's idea, and have the kids help with making treats to fill the jar.
Josiegirl 09:11 AM 10-25-2018
Originally Posted by Miss A:
Very cute! 8 agree that you will be doing the bulk of the work, but if you are ok with that then go for it.

You could even combine it with Dave's idea, and have the kids help with making treats to fill the jar.
True I'd be doing most of the work but 3 of my 5 dcks are 2 and under anyways so most likely any project we do will be finished by me. I like the idea of putting treats made by the kiddos, inside. I'll let them go crazy making a card.
Just thought they were cute and a little different. But now I'm kicking myself, a couple months ago going through a 'clean out the kitchen cupboards spree' I must've unloaded a dozen mason jars and brought them to Salvation Army. I kept a few just in case but don't think I have 5 left. Why do I always get rid of the wrong stuff??!!

Oh and Dave, guess what CD the dcks wanted to dance to this morning? Monster Mash? Ghostbusters? Nope, it was Frosty the Snowman and Jingle Bells. Lol It was snowing at the time so I might have given them the option.
lovemykidstoo 10:33 AM 10-25-2018
Those are cute! What's everyone else doing? Any plans yet? I would love to get things done way ahead of time. I usually am doing week of Christmas lol
Ariana 10:37 AM 10-25-2018
I don’t typically like the handprint ideas too much but this is cute! Maybe fill it with one of thise hot chocolate in a jar recipes or cookies in a jar. I might do that.
Meeko 01:33 PM 10-25-2018
It is really cute!

However, after years of trying to juggle family situations...I gave up on doing gifts from the kids to their parents.

Split families meant doing two or even three of the same thing with some kids, so that there wouldn't be adult temper tantrums if one parent got a gift and the other didn't.

I have 16 daycare kids. It became exhausting and no fun at all.

So I just stopped.

Keeping up with the Jones's and trying to come up with new, uber cute things each year became something I started to loathe...and I actually LOVE Christmas!

Nowadays, I just give home baked goods to each family. Last year was cinnamon bread loaves. The kids help me make a huge batch and we hand them out to one and all.

I enjoy it much more.
Tags:christmas crafts, christmas gift ideas, christmas gifts
Reply Up