Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just Wanted to send Love and Good Wishes...
Hunni Bee 12:40 PM 10-28-2018
Halloween falls fairly early in the week again this year.

I pray that we all keep our tempers and that no one's parent thinks a secret pocket full of Skittles is okay because "she wouldn't get in the car without her Halloween bucket".

New providers, a word of advice: lots of outside time on Thursday, early naptime, expect some upset tummies and general crankiness, and any candy you find is yours to eat as required by law.
Josiegirl 03:11 PM 10-28-2018
Lol Planning ahead is always a good idea. I'll be serving candy for snack on Thursday.
Hah, who am I kidding. Whatever I don't give to trick or treaters, I'm sure won't last long.
flying_babyb 07:18 PM 10-28-2018
I feel for ya'll ! I'm blessed that I chose to take the 1-5th off from my center this year. Gonna finally spend time with ma.

On that note: my kids have been eating halloween candy already, I can tell! well, the ones i'm not sending home with 102-103 fevers
amberrose3dg 04:59 AM 10-29-2018
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
Halloween falls fairly early in the week again this year.

I pray that we all keep our tempers and that no one's parent thinks a secret pocket full of Skittles is okay because "she wouldn't get in the car without her Halloween bucket".

New providers, a word of advice: lots of outside time on Thursday, early naptime, expect some upset tummies and general crankiness, and any candy you find is yours to eat as required by law.
And be prepared to send any kids home that are "sick" or hyped up on sugar. I told parents flat out if their kid shows up here all wired I would call for pick up. Your kid better not be eating candy for dinner the night before.
Blackcat31 06:16 AM 10-29-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
And be prepared to send any kids home that are "sick" or hyped up on sugar. I told parents flat out if their kid shows up here all wired I would call for pick up. Your kid better not be eating candy for dinner the night before.
I always send a reminder letter home with the kids, anyone showing up with a Halloween Hangover WILL be sent home.

I don't care what excuse the parent tries to use....

In previous years, I've closed the day after but this year the timing was off so that wasn't possible but I already have an idea of which parent will push their boundaries and which ones will be respectful about it.
Tags:after halloween, candy, halloween candy hangover, sugar
Reply Up