Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Good-bye SAers!
melissa ann 07:05 AM 01-02-2012
A friend of my mine on fb, sent me a message that a friend of hers is looking for childcare. Her friend lives in my town. I messaged my friend my infor and her friend called me. I will be meeting with them this afternoon. It's for a 16 month old boy. I already told the mom that I won't have an opening until the 23. (So I can give notice to the horrible school agers) My 2 kids are excited about getting rid of them, even though the girls and my dd were friends from school. My son (4 1/2) loves babies. He will be ecastic about this litttle boy. Hope all goes well. The hours will be shorter then with the SAers because I extended my closing time for them.
Hope all goes well.
I never terminated anyone before. So I'm a little nervous about that. Especially since this family only started Dec 12 with me. I never had anyone here that short of time.
momofboys 07:35 AM 01-02-2012
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
A friend of my mine on fb, sent me a message that a friend of hers is looking for childcare. Her friend lives in my town. I messaged my friend my infor and her friend called me. I will be meeting with them this afternoon. It's for a 16 month old boy. I already told the mom that I won't have an opening until the 23. (So I can give notice to the horrible school agers) My 2 kids are excited about getting rid of them, even though the girls and my dd were friends from school. My son (4 1/2) loves babies. He will be ecastic about this litttle boy. Hope all goes well. The hours will be shorter then with the SAers because I extended my closing time for them.
Hope all goes well.
I never terminated anyone before. So I'm a little nervous about that. Especially since this family only started Dec 12 with me. I never had anyone here that short of time.
Sounds good! I hope it works out for you!
melissa ann 11:32 AM 01-02-2012
I just had my interview with a potential family. It seemed to go well. I met with both parents and their son. They asked a lot of questions, that I had no trouble answering. I told them that I would have an opening Jan 23. I gave them my handbook for them to review. The boy was starting to get a little ansty. But at 16 months, that is normal. Hoping to hear good news in a few days.
Now, time to work on term notice, just in case.
LittleD 03:50 PM 01-02-2012
Oh so envious! I'm deciding the cons far outweigh the pros when it comes to school-agers! I also open an hour earlier for them Good luck with the baby, 16mths is an interesting age, lol! Old enough to start doing fun stuff, but young enough to get rid of nasty habits
melissa ann 05:38 AM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by LittleD:
Oh so envious! I'm deciding the cons far outweigh the pros when it comes to school-agers! I also open an hour earlier for them Good luck with the baby, 16mths is an interesting age, lol! Old enough to start doing fun stuff, but young enough to get rid of nasty habits
This is my first experience with SA, and hopefully soon will be my last. In the almost 4 yrs that I have been doing childcare, I've had kids from 5 weeks-4 yrs. LOVE, LOVE that age group.
Tags:schoolage, terminate, terminate - schoolage
Reply Up