Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Little Shadow
Childminder 03:57 PM 08-30-2012
This is sposed to go as a reply to "What would you do?" Lol, not at all able to figure out what happened that it has its own thread.

I have that boy in my care but he has now made it to five years old(not certain how). When he started pullin the same crap I knew that he would have to be my little shadow and is required to remain by my side at all time. I can't/won't allow a child to be destructive and or hurt others in my care. In state regulations here in Michigan it states that any child under 2 1/2 must remain under constant supervision AT ALL TIMES and you can get a violation if they are not. So yes they even go to the bathroom when I do.

We got to the point that this boy in particular was by my side every where and always, sitting in the kitchen while I cooked, going to the basement if I needed to wash a load of clothes, out to the mailbox in the middle of winter, etc… I needed the income to keep my home and pay the bills. I still have problems with the child and really dislike his behavior but we have come to an understanding and he isn't far from my side at any time.

So many people's first words of advice are to terminate. It is a big decision especially when you need his income and the calls are not coming in for care. Make the decision based on whether or not you are willing to make the sacrifices.

BTW? Does he have PICA? The eating disorder?
Michael 04:00 PM 08-30-2012
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=pica
daycare 04:02 PM 08-30-2012
Originally Posted by Childminder:
I have that boy in my care but he has now made it to five years old(not certain how). When he started pullin the same crap I knew that he would have to be my little shadow and is required to remain by my side at all time. I can't/won't allow a child to be destructive and or hurt others in my care. In state regulations here in Michigan it states that any child under 2 1/2 must remain under constant supervision AT ALL TIMES and you can get a violation if they are not. So yes they even go to the bathroom when I do.

We got to the point that this boy in particular was by my side every where and always, sitting in the kitchen while I cooked, going to the basement if I needed to wash a load of clothes, out to the mailbox in the middle of winter, etc… I needed the income to keep my home and pay the bills. I still have problems with the child and really dislike his behavior but we have come to an understanding and he isn't far from my side at any time.

So many people's first words of advice are to terminate. It is a big decision especially when you need his income and the calls are not coming in for care. Make the decision based on whether or not you are willing to make the sacrifices.

BTW? Does he have PICA? The eating disorder?
I think PICA is when you eat things like chalk sand or something like that...things that are eaten but of no nutritional value...... maybe I should learn to google...I could be wrong
Tags:pica, shadow, terminate
Reply Up