Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How to Word Term Text to Mom
DaycareKim 06:57 AM 09-13-2013
I was the lady with the always late mom issue. I have been in the hospital with my son since Wednesday so I have had a sub running the show. Wednesday she was late for the sub, charged a fee. Thursday on time. This morning asked my sub what earlier time I would be willing to open for her. I am obviously not willing to open earlier for her. I cannot leave the hospital to talk to her in person, can someone please help me word a text to her telling her today will be her last day using my services?
butterfly 07:14 AM 09-13-2013
If you can't do it in person, I would call her. I wouldn't text. If you want send a letter and keep a copy on file.
butterfly 07:15 AM 09-13-2013
And I'm sorry to hear you are in the hospital.
crunchymama 07:22 AM 09-13-2013
I would call her and simply state as of today you will no longer be able to provide child care services. If she pushes for a reason state your hours and hers no longer seem to be compatible.
Also, you or have your sub, write a follow-up letter to hand mom at pick-up and keep a copy for your own records--something like-- Follow-up to our phone conversation on 9/13, termination of child care services for child _____, effective immediately. Sign and date it. Have sub put it in a sealed envelope and hand to parent--if your sub feels comfortable. If not, write up a letter and mail it to DCM.
Sugar Magnolia 07:32 AM 09-13-2013
I'm sorry you are in the hospital. hope your son improves.
Term by text is uncool however.
Please make a phone call and follow up with a letter. I know things are toughright now, but it's important to remain professional, even during a hospital stay. Sorry you are going through this..
Sugar Magnolia 07:35 AM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by crunchymama:
I would call her and simply state as of today you will no longer be able to provide child care services. If she pushes for a reason state your hours and hers no longer seem to be compatible.
Also, you or have your sub, write a follow-up letter to hand mom at pick-up and keep a copy for your own records--something like-- Follow-up to our phone conversation on 9/13, termination of child care services for child _____, effective immediately. Sign and date it. Have sub put it in a sealed envelope and hand to parent--if your sub feels comfortable. If not, write up a letter and mail it to DCM.
Beat me to it! Lol
lovemylife 07:39 AM 09-13-2013
I had to term someone while my son was in the hospital earlier this year. He was there for a week and had to undergo emergency surgery. The mother was horrible to me and my sister who was subbing for me. It would be easier to text her and say its over but I do have to agree, it should be done over the phone. Good luck!! I will pray for your son as well!
Starburst 05:01 PM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by butterfly:
If you can't do it in person, I would call her. I wouldn't text. If you want send a letter and keep a copy on file.
Just like with breaking up with someone over text is considered too impersonal and can be seen as cowardice; it's unprofessional when done for terming a contract or firing someone. As the others suggested, I would first call (since you cannot talk to her face to face) then send an official term letter.
LaLa1923 06:35 PM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by DaycareKim:
I was the lady with the always late mom issue. I have been in the hospital with my son since Wednesday so I have had a sub running the show. Wednesday she was late for the sub, charged a fee. Thursday on time. This morning asked my sub what earlier time I would be willing to open for her. I am obviously not willing to open earlier for her. I cannot leave the hospital to talk to her in person, can someone please help me word a text to her telling her today will be her last day using my services?
I ALWAYS communicate these things via text or email. That way there is a WRITTEN record of what was said, should you ever need it .
Laurel 02:09 AM 09-14-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
I ALWAYS communicate these things via text or email. That way there is a WRITTEN record of what was said, should you ever need it .
I have never termed but I would tell them in person AND hand them a letter and put it in their hand and not the child's bag so I would know they got it plus keep a copy obviously.

Laurel
Maria2013 05:33 AM 09-14-2013
no advise, just a hug
Unregistered 05:56 AM 09-14-2013
Originally Posted by Laurel:
I have never termed but I would tell them in person AND hand them a letter and put it in their hand and not the child's bag so I would know they got it plus keep a copy obviously.

Laurel

You haven't terminated a family before? You are lucky!!
butterfly 06:37 AM 09-14-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
You haven't terminated a family before? You are lucky!!
Maybe she's just put up with a lot of sh!+. I've put up with a lot waiting for a family to term themselves. It finally happened but I was absolutely miserable until they finally left. I don't like having to term. I'd rather have the family term themselves. I've only actually termed one time.
Tags:terminate
Reply Up