Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question on Terming
mrsnj 08:30 AM 12-29-2013
OK....in connection to my 'no paying mom for two weeks' post...

I have sent her an email stating, as per my information, she needs to make full payment for the missing weeks payment as well as late fees by tomorrow morning or her spot will be terminated. So far no response. I already drew up my letter to her for tomorrow in anticipation she will not show. I asked my husband to over night it tomorrow afternoon so she is sure to receive it before Thur. With the holiday in between I want to make sure she gets it. He thinks I should wait until Monday after I close. The post office will be closed by then as well. It won't go until Tue afternoon then and everything will be closed Wed. I will then have to deal on my doorstep should she opt to show which is what I am trying to prevent. But I stated (as well as my paperwork) that if full payment is not paid by Monday morning she will be officially two weeks late and her position termed. Her drop off time is 7:30am. I could wait until 3:30 which is DCB pick up time for the day but mom is home and only lives 2 min away. She can be here tomorrow morning. Shes had plenty of notices, texts, emails and reminders and time to do so.

Would you wait until closing or send Monday afternoon?
Cradle2crayons 08:43 AM 12-29-2013
Originally Posted by mrsnj:
OK....in connection to my 'no paying mom for two weeks' post...

I have sent her an email stating, as per my information, she needs to make full payment for the missing weeks payment as well as late fees by tomorrow morning or her spot will be terminated. So far no response. I already drew up my letter to her for tomorrow in anticipation she will not show. I asked my husband to over night it tomorrow afternoon so she is sure to receive it before Thur. With the holiday in between I want to make sure she gets it. He thinks I should wait until Monday after I close. The post office will be closed by then as well. It won't go until Tue afternoon then and everything will be closed Wed. I will then have to deal on my doorstep should she opt to show which is what I am trying to prevent. But I stated (as well as my paperwork) that if full payment is not paid by Monday morning she will be officially two weeks late and her position termed. Her drop off time is 7:30am. I could wait until 3:30 which is DCB pick up time for the day but mom is home and only lives 2 min away. She can be here tomorrow morning. Shes had plenty of notices, texts, emails and reminders and time to do so.

Would you wait until closing or send Monday afternoon?
I would send Monday morning at 8:30 which is one hour after opening.
Leigh 11:01 AM 12-29-2013
I would phone Mom today.

"I am following up because I received no response to the email I sent, so I want to be certain that you have advance notice. As of Monday morning, payment is 2 weeks past due, and I will not be able to provide care unless payment is made IN FULL Monday morning. As much as I would love to continue our business relationship, and as much as I care for your child, I simply can not allow payment to go any further past due, and will be forced to fill your child's spot with someone on my waiting list. What are your intentions as far as continuing with our relationship? May I expect payment tomorrow morning?"

Follow up with a letter confirming the outcome of the conversation (if you can get Mom on the phone, if not, leave a message). Send letter tomorrow morning.
mrsnj 12:11 PM 12-29-2013
But how long do you continue to ask for your money though before you say enough is enough?

I mean, a handbook that she got about a month ago, three written reminders, a convo with dad, several options to pay (prepay, post date a check, pay both weeks at once, drop off day of etc) a text and an email SHOULD be more than enough for her to understand. All my other parents understood and they didn't get those reminders. Its not like she doesn't know. She knows and is ignoring it. Why? I dunno. But paying whenever and openly ignoring attempts to tell her is not cool. Who waits for their pay check two weeks? And now I have to call her on top of it?
Leigh 04:39 PM 12-29-2013
But how long do you continue to ask for your money though before you say enough is enough?

I mean, a handbook that she got about a month ago, three written reminders, a convo with dad, several options to pay (prepay, post date a check, pay both weeks at once, drop off day of etc) a text and an email SHOULD be more than enough for her to understand. All my other parents understood and they didn't get those reminders. Its not like she doesn't know. She knows and is ignoring it. Why? I dunno. But paying whenever and openly ignoring attempts to tell her is not cool. Who waits for their pay check two weeks? And now I have to call her on top of it?
I would ask for my money for a few days. After that, I would demand payment or stop providing services. I HAVE made payment arrangements in the past with parents who have hit a rough patch (short-term lack of funds due to an emergency), and when I have, they have had to sign an agreement outlining our agreed-upon plan to catch up AND keep current from that day forward. I have had much success with this. With parents I didn't want to keep, it can be a Godsend to have a "good enough reason" to kick them out!

You don't HAVE to call her, but that is what **I** would do. If you have already decided that you will term either way, there is nothing wrong with just mailing your letter tomorrow telling them that they are done, and turning them away at the door should they show up. If your contract explains what will happen when payment isn't made, they shouldn't be surprised at being turned away (though I would be surprised if they even showed up and tried).

At the point you are at now, I would just term.
daycarediva 03:06 AM 12-30-2013
No more chances. If 7:30 comes and goes, I would have hubby bring it to the PO. I would also email her a copy of it Monday after closing, and have a copy on hand, just in case she shows up Tuesday acting clueless.

She knows, and she is avoiding you. It's childish and not something I would be willing to put up with, nor would I continue in a business relationship with someone who is attempting to avoid paying me.
mrsnj 04:58 AM 12-30-2013
I think the open choice to ignore is what is irritating me. Three weeks of notices is kinda much. They have paid late before. Once when I told dad if he pd late he needed to include the late fee and got "late fee?! Ooooooooooo" and a laugh. Like he thought I was joking. Totally disrespectful. This is also my couple who show in the middle of my naptime when I have asked over and over and sent a notice to everyone about naptime pick up rules and they STILL show whenever they want with no warning which sets off my dogs (cause they are out during naptime) and that in turn wakes the kids so that when he leaves I have crying children who don't go bk down. They just ignore everything I say. Add in that the child throws tantrums all day. Hits and smacks. And so horrid during naps I have had to remove him.....just kinda over it. This is the child whos dad allowed each morning to tear apart my door wreath. I just bought it this yr. after hot gluing I had to throw out. I want parents who want to be here. That work with me and respect me and the others here. Not that take pride in being disrespectful and breaks rules. Being paid is awesome too

Ok. Done rant.

On that note.....it's 8. No reply no payment.
Patches 07:01 AM 12-30-2013
Sounds like you're done with this family. You have given them too many chances already. I would take daycare divas advice here and mail that letter now, email her tonight, and be done with them
Patches 07:02 AM 12-30-2013
Also, ((hugs)) for dealing with this.
MarinaVanessa 07:40 AM 12-30-2013
I'd be done with it as well. I would have done what you originally said and had a certified termination letter overnighted. I'd keep a letter for myself and send an emailed notice with the delivery confirmation details as well. I'd ask for all money due to me plus late fees (and anything else as my contract states) by a certain time or I'd take to small claims court and report to credit agency.

They are choosing to ignore communication with you. Either they thought you weren't serious or they already started to find or figured out other child care arrangements. If they were having financial trouble a simple phone call to communicate this probably would have been enough for me to work with them but they chose to ignore all communication instead. I won't work with that.
mrsnj 07:59 AM 12-30-2013
OK......

I am trying to make a new post and am getting
"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 524288 bytes) in /var/www/daycare/forum/includes/functions_search.php on line 197 "

It does it on my puter and my cell. But I can reply to messages already posted. Anyone else having an issue?
mrsnj 11:00 AM 12-30-2013
And.....the letter just went to the post office. Taking votes.....think I will finally get that call?
mrsnj 11:35 AM 12-30-2013
Wow....just WOW....

My husband just got back from the post office and bank about 30 min ago and all of a sudden I get a text from the dad. He has been busy. Hasn't have time to come. Sorry...blah blah blah. He will drop off the check tomorrow night. Well....a week late and a day short. It is amazing how it takes threatening to get a response. WHY do they make it get to that point?! But I do not think momma is going to be very happy tomorrow morning when that letter comes. I didn't even bother to reply. Their issue is between them now. I'm done!
Angelsj 11:44 AM 12-30-2013
OK......

I am trying to make a new post and am getting
"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 524288 bytes) in /var/www/daycare/forum/includes/functions_search.php on line 197 "

It does it on my puter and my cell. But I can reply to messages already posted. Anyone else having an issue?
Mine says that if I try to go into the "Venting thread" post. Apparently others can get into it, because I get email notification that someone has posted to it, but I can't see the thread. Weird.
Message I get: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6589 bytes) in /var/www/daycare/forum/includes/functions.php on line 1826
mrsnj 12:07 PM 12-30-2013
Angelsj-So were you able to fix it? I can't understand why it wont allow me to post?

Ok....question......If the dad shows (which I think his 'pay you tomorrow night' is going to turn into tomorrow morning since I didn't reply. I know they are panicking now.) to make payment....how do I handle that? Tech they owe me a week at least plus late fees however I termed for none payment this week. I should hand check back and state their position was termed for nonpayment already and I cannot accept...yes?

BTW- I should state that I also sent the term letter via USPO overnight/cert mail AND via email. Its the email they are responding to. I see I didn't post that above.
Angelsj 03:58 PM 12-30-2013
Angelsj-So were you able to fix it? I can't understand why it wont allow me to post?

Ok....question......If the dad shows (which I think his 'pay you tomorrow night' is going to turn into tomorrow morning since I didn't reply. I know they are panicking now.) to make payment....how do I handle that? Tech they owe me a week at least plus late fees however I termed for none payment this week. I should hand check back and state their position was termed for nonpayment already and I cannot accept...yes?

BTW- I should state that I also sent the term letter via USPO overnight/cert mail AND via email. Its the email they are responding to. I see I didn't post that above.
I have not, but I don't find it too annoying, since I am subscribed to that thread and I can read it, just not post to it.

So they owe you for the coming week? That began today? If so, I would do what your policy says. If you would charge them a two week notice, then do so. If you just want them gone, take today's and /or late fees, and refund. If you expect money, I would not hand back the check. You probably will not get another.
I would take the check, decide what is actually owed, and refund the difference.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 05:16 PM 12-30-2013
John, I am so glad that you came over to pay me so we wouldn't have to go through the whole court thing! You owe me $-------- as of this morning. Hand him his kidlet's stuff and wish them well.

You could send an email tonight-
John thank you for letting me know you will be by tomorrow, your balance as of then is$__________. Thanks.
Cradle2crayons 06:02 PM 12-30-2013
Originally Posted by Angelsj:
I have not, but I don't find it too annoying, since I am subscribed to that thread and I can read it, just not post to it.

So they owe you for the coming week? That began today? If so, I would do what your policy says. If you would charge them a two week notice, then do so. If you just want them gone, take today's and /or late fees, and refund. If you expect money, I would not hand back the check. You probably will not get another.
I would take the check, decide what is actually owed, and refund the difference.
Agree. I require two weeks notice, however if I term I do things different. If it's an immediate term, I would accept payment in the amount they owe yu for services already rendered and late fees.
Tags:terminate
Reply Up