Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thank You Wonderful Parents
Silly Songs 11:29 PM 12-31-2014
Thank you center parents . Three different families brought their child to daycare sick . That was Tuesday. On Wednesday , another child came to my class with the runniest nose I have ever see . That makes 4 out of 16 . Now I'm sick . We do not get paid when we are out sick . I'm also not the only teacher who is going through this ! The baby room had 2 sick babies come this week . Preschool ( 4 year olds ) had 5 children come sick . Why ? Why ? Half of the parents of the sick children are not working this week !! So thank you , parents of the sick kids . 3 teachers are now sick . We don't get paid and we don't have great insurance. But I'm glad you were as to clean up your living room/garage, visit your friend and whatever else you did while your sick child was with us .
Blackcat31 08:56 AM 01-01-2015
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
Thank you center parents . Three different families brought their child to daycare sick . That was Tuesday. On Wednesday , another child came to my class with the runniest nose I have ever see . That makes 4 out of 16 . Now I'm sick . We do not get paid when we are out sick . I'm also not the only teacher who is going through this ! The baby room had 2 sick babies come this week . Preschool ( 4 year olds ) had 5 children come sick . Why ? Why ? Half of the parents of the sick children are not working this week !! So thank you , parents of the sick kids . 3 teachers are now sick . We don't get paid and we don't have great insurance. But I'm glad you were as to clean up your living room/garage, visit your friend and whatever else you did while your sick child was with us .
Instead of thanking parents for "sharing" their family's illness with everyone, I'd be "thanking" your director for allowing it.

This kind if thing is often blamed on parents but in reality, the responsibility falls to the policy enforcers.

I'm sorry you are sick and do hope you feel better soon!
This is a tough time of the year for illnesses.
NightOwl 10:19 AM 01-01-2015
I agree. Your director should not have allowed it. As far as I know, it's in every state's regs to exclude for illnesses. So technically, she's breaking regs by allowing it.
Silly Songs 12:52 PM 01-01-2015
As long as the children are on antibiotics, they can come. But yeah, many things get by with this management . Keep the parents happy, that seems to be the motto here . I'm looking for a new job . I would go back yo my old center, but the drive was too long . Keep your fingers crossed !
Rockgirl 11:21 AM 01-02-2015
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
As long as the children are on antibiotics, they can come. But yeah, many things get by with this management . Keep the parents happy, that seems to be the motto here . I'm looking for a new job . I would go back yo my old center, but the drive was too long . Keep your fingers crossed !
Antibiotics won't touch a cold or any other virus. Good luck with your job hunt!
Tags:holidays - over it, parents - disrespect, sick policy
Reply Up