Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should I Give a Reason or Not?
williams2008 09:04 AM 07-13-2015
Hello everyone!!!! I hope everyone is doing well!

It has been a minute since I posted, but I need advice asap. I have a parent who was very rude/disrespectful to my assistant about my payment policies. I am terminating care effective immediately, should I tell her why I am terminating care, or should I be short and sweet?
Blackcat31 09:14 AM 07-13-2015
Originally Posted by williams2008:
Hello everyone!!!! I hope everyone is doing well!

It has been a minute since I posted, but I need advice asap. I have a parent who was very rude/disrespectful to my assistant about my payment policies. I am terminating care effective immediately, should I tell her why I am terminating care, or should I be short and sweet?
Me? I'd be brutally honest about why. Sometimes I believe it IS in a person's best interest to know why. Other times not so much.

However in this case, it might be beneficial for the parent to know they are being terminated due to extreme rudeness. Perhaps she will learn a lesson and be nicer to her next provider. If not, not your problem.

If you don't want any type of confrontation or if you feel she may go all whack-a-doo, I might reconsider and just term for vague reasons but I believe it's better to let them know when it comes to things like this.

On a side note: Nice to see you on the forum again!
williams2008 09:20 AM 07-13-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Me? I'd be brutally honest about why. Sometimes I believe it IS in a person's best interest to know why. Other times not so much.

However in this case, it might be beneficial for the parent to know they are being terminated due to extreme rudeness. Perhaps she will learn a lesson and be nicer to her next provider. If not, not your problem.

If you don't want any type of confrontation or if you feel she may go all whack-a-doo, I might reconsider and just term for vague reasons but I believe it's better to let them know when it comes to things like this.

Thank you!! I will be logging in more often since I have some extra time on my hands

I typed up a notice and I was very honest, but I didn't know if that the was the way to go or not. I value your input, so I will stick with being honest.
Laurel 04:55 PM 07-13-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Welcome back! Update us. I remember you had a center and then were considering doing it in your home. What did you decide to do?

I retired a year ago but can't stay away from here.

Laurel
Tags:disrespectful parents, terminate
Reply Up