Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Go Fund Me page!!
permanentvacation 08:12 AM 11-14-2017
It's been a long time since I've been on here. I've gone through a lot. I used to own a licensed home daycare for over 20 years and was on this forum often. However, I also have an abusive ex-husband. In the end, I lost my house, which of course meant that I lost my home daycare.

I honestly believed and was preparing for being homeless! Thankfully someone let me stay at their house for a while. After losing my house and daycare, I immediately obtained a job, so luckily I have not been unemployed. I have a regular job and also babysit now.

But I feel like a lost soul without my daycare. So I desperately want to open a daycare center. I have discussed my situation with a couple of people and they suggested that I create a Go Fund Me account. So I finally did.
If any of you would like to, I would greatly appreciate donations towards opening a center.

Thank you!!
Blackcat31 08:23 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:
It's been a long time since I've been on here. I've gone through a lot. I used to own a licensed home daycare for over 20 years and was on this forum often. However, I also have an abusive ex-husband. In the end, I lost my house, which of course meant that I lost my home daycare.

I honestly believed and was preparing for being homeless! Thankfully someone let me stay at their house for a while. After losing my house and daycare, I immediately obtained a job, so luckily I have not been unemployed. I have a regular job and also babysit now.

But I feel like a lost soul without my daycare. So I desperately want to open a daycare center. I have discussed my situation with a couple of people and they suggested that I create a Go Fund Me account. So I finally did.
If any of you would like to, I would greatly appreciate donations towards opening a center.

Thank you!!
You are going to need to get permission from Michael before posting a GoFundMe link to solicit funds from members here.

I am sorry you have experienced some tough situations as of late. Hoping you are able to rise above them and get back on track! You always came across as a caring/loving provider when posting here so hoping your dreams come to fruition sooner than later.

In the mean time however, I apologize but I removed the link from your post until you have Michael's permission to post it.
midaycare 08:50 AM 11-14-2017
Hi PV! *waves hello* I'm happy to see you on the forum again. I was wondering what happened to you. I'm sorry to hear about the misfortune that has happened.

It strikes me the wrong way when I haven't heard from you in eons and then you come to post a go fund me page. I would like to think that we are all here to help each other, but we are also here actively participating.

Also, this may not be your best audience. Many people here have financial needs and while child care can be lucrative, it most often is not.

Have you tried looking into grants, loans, renting a home? I think those would be a great start while you accumulate the money you need for a center.
daycarediva 09:02 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Hi PV! *waves hello* I'm happy to see you on the forum again. I was wondering what happened to you. I'm sorry to hear about the misfortune that has happened.

It strikes me the wrong way when I haven't heard from you in eons and then you come to post a go fund me page. I would like to think that we are all here to help each other, but we are also here actively participating.

Also, this may not be your best audience. Many people here have financial needs and while child care can be lucrative, it most often is not.

Have you tried looking into grants, loans, renting a home? I think those would be a great start while you accumulate the money you need for a center.

HI PV! So glad you are doing better now.

I agree with this though. A center is my dream, too. I'm actively saving and putting money towards a down payment or 6 months rent, payroll, start up supplies, etc before embarking on that endeavor.

I say save up yourself and start with renting a home you can do daycare out of.
Tags:charity, financial aid, financial problems, grants
Reply Up