Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Updated Training Webinars : Free
Cat Herder 06:36 AM 01-17-2018
https://www.earlychildhoodwebinars.com/presentations/

Can't beat free. Social/Emotional is today at 2 Eastern.
Blackcat31 06:55 AM 01-17-2018
Awesome! I am always looking for new trainings.

The ones offered to us currently are repeated, recycled and redundant. I feel like I know most of them by heart.

I'll definitely be checking this site out for something different and something actually useful.
Cat Herder 07:05 AM 01-17-2018
I am really looking forward to the one on the 24th. I hope it will clarify some of the grey areas. I have some real fear about how this movement effects my home and family clouding my views, but an open to learning more.

"provides the unique opportunity to transform the loosely organized early childhood education occupation into a more united, compensated, diverse and effective profession. It will highlight the critical questions that the field must coherently address in order to make a strong case for compensation and other publicly funded supports." - https://www.earlychildhoodwebinars.c...-cox-mitchell/
Cat Herder 07:30 AM 01-17-2018
It occurs to me that I left out the movement that I am referring to. Course description:

"Power to the Profession is a national collaboration to define the early childhood profession by establishing a unifying framework for career pathways, knowledge and competencies, qualifications, standards and compensation.

This collective initiative is influenced by the early childhood education field and led by a National Task Force of 15 national organizations who represent and engage with large groups of early childhood professionals. In addition, over 30 national organizations with systems-level influence on the early childhood profession make up the stakeholder group.

Participants will:

1. Understand basic information abut Power to the Profession.
2. Understand the complexities and importance of the questions that must be addressed as a collective.
3. Be prepared to join this field-led effort to advance the ECE profession."
Josiegirl 02:45 AM 01-18-2018
My 1st thought was 2:00!!?? How the heck are we supposed to do it at 2:00? So was glad to see that you could view their taping and still get credit for the webinar. I will have to contract the state to see if they'd count towards annual training hours, some sound interesting.
Cat Herder 04:38 AM 01-18-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
My 1st thought was 2:00!!?? How the heck are we supposed to do it at 2:00? So was glad to see that you could view their taping and still get credit for the webinar. I will have to contract the state to see if they'd count towards annual training hours, some sound interesting.
I think it is because most have nap from 1-3 or 2-4. It is the perfect time for me (headphones in playroom, at desk, during nap). Also, once you register, they email you a copy after the fact. Not all work for training hours for me, but I take them for me. They tend to be a year or two ahead of my regulation "updates". They work well for a "you saw it here, first" to prepare for upcoming changes or research upcoming trends. NAEYC is one of the stakeholders.
MarinaVanessa 10:14 AM 01-19-2018
I've been taking these webinars for years. I love that even if I can't make it to watch them live I can always listen in on my phone and an earbud or I can sign up anyway and I get a link to watch them later and I can still get the link to the certificate at the end of the webinar to print out. I have a really nice and thick portfolio full of certificates and half of them are probably from Early Childhood Investigations. It looks good on my resume
Tags:legislation, power to the profession, professionalism, qris, qualifications, quality, regulations, standardization, standards, training courses
Reply Up