Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>To Term or Not to Term
Ac114 09:58 AM 03-21-2019
I have a child that I have vented about several times on the venting thread. He’s 22 months old and he’s such a handful. At first I had issues with his mom showing up on time. I close at 5:30 and she rarely made it by 6pm, even as late as 7pm one Friday night. Now grandpa picks up to solve that issue. Then they were paying a day or 2 late here and there and I would remind about the late fee or they could pay using Venmo but opted out of that option. Finally they were almost a week late and I said they couldn’t return until payment was paid in full. They now pay using Venmo. When the child first started he would hit other children with toys, throw toys, hit when children were just casually walking by etc. he intentionally does not listen at all like it’s a game. It’s gotren a lot better but the 3 days he is here, it’s just rough.

Anyways, I have a sibling joining the group in May and she will be 12 weeks old. I honestly don’t see I can manage the sibling and him at the same time. The older sister and new baby were my very first daycare clients. They have been wonderful to me and baby will be here full time. I would like to give part timer a term letter in the beginning of May but I don’t know how to word it. They have fixed all the issues that they could control on their end but I’m not trying to end my day in tears every week with having him and a new baby. This will probably come as a surprise since everything has been “fixed” do I even need to explain to them anything or just keep it simple? Ugh I hate this part of being a provider.
Ariana 10:09 AM 03-21-2019
I would lay some ground work by starting to complain about his behavior, then work up to a term in May.

That’s just me though, you certainly do not need to give an explanation but I do think they will ask and might be worth not burning a bridge over if you know what I mean.
Mom2Two 12:41 PM 03-21-2019
Maybe just nicely explain the term as coming from your long commitment with the other family/new baby, and that you feel like it would be very hard to mix the other "very active" toddler with a little baby.
lblanke 08:52 PM 03-21-2019
You are no longer offering part time care and need to term for a full time child.
Blackcat31 06:15 AM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by lblanke:
You are no longer offering part time care and need to term for a full time child.
I'd go this route however, I'd tell them you are accepting a full time sibling of an already enrolled full time child.

Otherwise if you simply say you are no longer offering part time, the family might just say they'd like to or be willing to pay full time.

Sometimes that tactic backs you into a corner so while I think it's a good option, I'd consider what you'll do if the family says ok, we'll go full time and have a back up plan.
Tags:terminate
Reply Up