Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Laxatives Before Drop Off
Jo123ABC 06:59 AM 07-26-2019
When a parent informs me they gave their child laxitives this morning...... Happy Friday everyone let's hope mine isn't too sh**ty!
Blackcat31 07:07 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Jo123ABC:
When a parent informs me they gave their child laxitives this morning...... Happy Friday everyone let's hope mine isn't too sh**ty!
Um. nope.
That would be a "turn away at the door" moment for me.
Unregistered 07:35 AM 07-26-2019
Ugh I had a mirilax mom thought her kid needed to poop everyday. One morning came in with a sippy cup of mirilax drink said have my kid finish drinking this. Umm no! That wa dumped down the drain immediately.

How about feed your kids healthy foods and drink more water and they won't have a problem pooping!

I'd turn kid away at the door. It might be worth it to add a no laxatives policy to your hand book no return 24 hours after administration of a laxative. Some laxatives take 12 hours to work.
Jo123ABC 07:45 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Ugh I had a mirilax mom thought her kid needed to poop everyday. One morning came in with a sippy cup of mirilax drink said have my kid finish drinking this. Umm no! That wa dumped down the drain immediately.

How about feed your kids healthy foods and drink more water and they won't have a problem pooping!

I'd turn kid away at the door. It might be worth it to add a no laxatives policy to your hand book no return 24 hours after administration of a laxative. Some laxatives take 12 hours to work.
That's a good idea! I swear I am continually adding rules to my policy as parents do the most unexpected stuff!
e.j. 08:10 AM 07-26-2019
This has become one of my biggest pet peeves. I've had kids that apparently were constipated from late week into Sunday afternoon. Parents wait until Sunday night or early Monday morning to give a laxative or tons of prune juice?? It's all explained at drop off with a very insincere, "Sorry, EJ!" at the end. I love the idea of a 24-hour rule for laxatives but my guess is, they would just dose their kids and not give me a heads up. I'd rather at least have the warning.
Cat Herder 08:33 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Um. nope.
That would be a "turn away at the door" moment for me.
Same here.

Dope and Drop is an immediate termination, here.
rosieteddy 08:58 AM 07-26-2019
parents wonder why we have so many rules.Because we can not assume they will do the right thing ,right.A parent was called for a reference about my program.She told prospective client that I had many rules.She did explain that they were necessary and had been a client for 4 yrs.I would have been upset by parents actions.If their was a blowout not contained by diaper and clothing I would call for pickup.If child was potty trained and in pain or had an accident -call for pickup.So annoying,happy Friday.
Blackcat31 09:30 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
parents wonder why we have so many rules.Because we can not assume they will do the right thing ,right.A parent was called for a reference about my program.She told prospective client that I had many rules.She did explain that they were necessary and had been a client for 4 yrs.I would have been upset by parents actions.If their was a blowout not contained by diaper and clothing I would call for pickup.If child was potty trained and in pain or had an accident -call for pickup.So annoying,happy Friday.
Since my policy book is pretty lengthy I get comments all the time about having so many "rules" and I always respond with "I have only as many rules as I've had experiences with parents that do things without common sense"

Then I will go on to explain that many of the rules will never even be mentioned or discussed if the parent works WITH me in being respectful and honest.
Tags:dope and drop, dope; drop, doping, terminate
Reply Up