Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Replacement Found!
Unregistered 05:39 PM 01-21-2020
Thank you for your replies and helping me long this past week about mom that wants to call the shots, micromanages and is not comfortable with outings....

I FOUND MY REPLACEMENT!! I went over all my policies and we discussed travel, of course payment and went over group care as a whole and they sound great. DCB is already in group care but that provider needed to go from part time to full time and I’m kind of doing the opposite.

They will start the week of 2/10 which gives me time to put in my two weeks with the current family but now...come the feelings.

They are a nice family that paid on time and told me they appreciated me pretty often. However the stress I was taking on just can’t keep going. So now, softie that I am, feel guilty. I mean I care about him and I want him to go to another good place but I really feel one on one would fit ALL of their needs a bit better. I just don’t want to leave them high and dry.

How do I term? Letter on the last day of the week? A pick up time conversation-it’s just them at that pick up time, no other families wouldn’t be around? Text?

I know what I need to do but I feel guilty now!

Thank you all so much again!
Valerie928 05:43 PM 01-21-2020
I am happy you found a better suited family! I hope it all works out for you. Keep us updated. A lot of nice folks on here will be able to give you advice about terming. Good luck to you.
Unregistered 05:56 PM 01-21-2020
I find Friday at pick up works well when possible. It gives them the weekend to process the information and collect themselves a bit before returning to care. Sometimes they use the weekend to arrange alternative care rather than use the notice period.
Ariana 08:28 PM 01-21-2020
I termed once face to face and I won’t be doing it again. Email on a Friday typically works for me. Gives them time to digest it and I don’t have to see them right away. This week I termed on a Monday and had to see them the very next day and it sucks!
Josiegirl 02:57 AM 01-22-2020
I'd hand them a notice on Friday, while telling them what it is. Maybe offer them a list of providers or resources if they need help with finding someone. I don't know about your area but dc is difficult to find here. I gave all my dcps 3 months notice when I closed, some found a place within a couple weeks but others couldn't find one for quite sometime.
If they start pressing for details of why, just use the old standard reason of 'no longer a good fit' and repeat.
Good luck to you and so happy you found a replacement!!! Hopefully it'll be much less stress!
Msdunny 03:35 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I termed once face to face and I won’t be doing it again. Email on a Friday typically works for me. Gives them time to digest it and I don’t have to see them right away. This week I termed on a Monday and had to see them the very next day and it sucks!
This! I termed yesterday evening, and will have to see a very upset mom this morning. I kind of wish I had waited for their last day this week.
Snowmom 06:13 AM 01-22-2020
Congrats!
Yes, it's always best to wait for a Friday when giving them a notice period.
I'd hand them a written letter as they leave and say "I will need this signed and returned on Monday".

Just phrase the term letter as "the best interest of the child as well as the family". Don't make it about you at all. The more general actually, the better.

Termination Notice

Date: ______________

Account: ____________

This letter services as notice to terminate the childcare contract between the above account name and ABC Daycare.

The last day of contracted care available is: _____________________________________

Your initial enrollment fee will cover your final two week notice period. All policies outlined in your contract still apply throughout the final two-week period. Any failure to comply with those policies will result in immediate termination without refunds of any kind.
Please be assured that your child will continue to receive the same high quality standard of care throughout the final notice period.

Signatures:

Parent/Guardian: ________________

Childcare Provider: ______________
Tags:terminate
Reply Up