Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CDA Interview Scoop?
laundrymom 05:41 AM 03-11-2011
Tomorrow is my CDA final interview. I " think " I have everything ready for my file, papers, etc. What should I expect? I'm terrified.
Blackcat31 05:46 AM 03-11-2011
Oh, my! Congratulations!! ...I think you will do fine, they get that you are nervous and all and I have honestly never heard of anyone who has "failed" ya know?

Keep your head up and smile! You will do great!!!
Cat Herder 05:51 AM 03-11-2011
Good luck, hun.
youretooloud 05:58 AM 03-11-2011
Just try to be relaxed... those observation days are HORRIBLY stressful. All those bad things that happen on any other day wouldn't bug you, but when you are being observed it seems so much worse.

Soon it will be over and feel so much better.
heyhun77 07:28 AM 03-11-2011
It's not bad. The 120 hours of training you took should make you well-prepared for the oral and written exam. my only complaint was that I only had 3 days notice of the exam and the lady set it up on the other end of town for 30 minutes after my last kids were scheduled to leave so I was rushing the whole way there since those last kids never left on time.

You'll do great, I'm sure. Just don't overthink the questions. Oh, and make sure you have your originals of first aid and cpr cards and a set of your competency statements to leave with the examiner.
ninosqueridos 07:32 AM 03-11-2011
good luck!
Preschool/daycare teacher 02:34 PM 03-12-2011
I wish I could help you out... mine is in May or June... let me know how it goes! How did the observation part go?
laundrymom 04:41 PM 03-12-2011
It went faster than I thought. Not sure if that's good or bad. In and out in under 1.5 hours. I felt confident but am now second guessing myself. I should have taken more time I'm sure. Only 15 minutes for the written. I am now waiting. ......
momatheart 05:34 PM 03-12-2011
I am sure you passed it. Everyone I know who has taken it has passed it.
Abigail 06:52 PM 03-12-2011
What kind of questions were you asked. Was the hour and a half for all three parts: observation, written, and oral exam?
heyhun77 04:54 AM 03-13-2011
I think I took about 15 minutes for the written part on my exam, also. That was WITH going back to check my answers before handing it in. The oral part took about 20 minutes and then she asked me a couple questions about my binder and I was done.

You probably did fine. It just is weird for them to say you have so long to take each part and then to not take that long but I suppose if you had any reading issues or whatever you'd want to take your time.

Next on your list of worries will be wondering when the certificate will finally come in the mail. I was told it can take up to 3 months. I got impatient after abot 6 weeks and called the council. They hadn't processed it yet but I got my certificate about a week after that so maybe that lit a fire under their butts.
Unregistered 03:25 AM 10-25-2013
Thank you for the info on the CDA. I have been a home daycare provider and now work for a University Preschool. I have a Bachelors but worked hard on getting my CDA which I started almost 1 year ago (Dec) and completed by March, sent everything in by mid May and finally heard from them. They are coming today to do the test, not sure if she will observe, if she does, we are ready.
Thank you for posting how many were nervous, I have been up since 4 am., too many cups of coffee so far and need to head to work by 7.
Blackcat31 06:51 AM 10-25-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thank you for the info on the CDA. I have been a home daycare provider and now work for a University Preschool. I have a Bachelors but worked hard on getting my CDA which I started almost 1 year ago (Dec) and completed by March, sent everything in by mid May and finally heard from them. They are coming today to do the test, not sure if she will observe, if she does, we are ready.
Thank you for posting how many were nervous, I have been up since 4 am., too many cups of coffee so far and need to head to work by 7.
You will do fine!

It's all basic common sense stuff so if you've worked in the field, you'll do great!
Tags:cda, cda interview, interview
Reply Up