Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Calif Providers
Michelle 12:10 PM 06-29-2011
Have you been watching the news regarding the budget?
All of our "friends" in Sacramento are trying a little harder to pass the budget now that THEY are going with out a pay check.!!!

They should be required to try to feed 12 kids, get extensions on their bills and explain to their kids why they can't get new school clothes also!
I'm sure most of them have savings, but I just love that panic look on some of their faces.
sharlan 12:18 PM 06-29-2011
You get to watch the news????????????? I have no idea what is going on with the budget.

My mortgage co couldn't care less if I didn't follow up on my budget and couldn't pay.
daycare 12:20 PM 06-29-2011
I am in CA, but I dont watch tv....and I hardly read the news anymore...its all just a litle too depressing to me to always hear such negative things..

I recall when this happened though last year...... I guess this is why you should not have the terminator as your govenor.....lol who knows..

but I do hear where you are coming from....ugh
kathiemarie 01:21 PM 06-29-2011
I think they passed one. The gov. just needs to sign off on it.
Michelle 02:06 PM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
You get to watch the news????????????? I have no idea what is going on with the budget.

My mortgage co couldn't care less if I didn't follow up on my budget and couldn't pay.
I watch the news at night before I pass out.
I have a lot of calworks kids and foster kids that will be affected.
MarinaVanessa 02:31 PM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
I watch the news at night before I pass out.
I have a lot of calworks kids and foster kids that will be affected.
I heard about all of that. I got a letter from my local Resource & Referral office that also handles subsidy programs for families and it said that my foster parent will no longer get subsidy help because their project is completely shutting down. How are your foster kids being affected?

I don't have any other subsidy families except for that one foster parent but I have a DCM that applied for help about a month ago (I have been telling her to apply for over a year ) and apparently she got two letters the same day. The first one she opened said that she was approved and qualified and was now on the waitlist and then she opened the second letter and that one said that due to the new budget and recent budget cuts the entire program was being cut . Have you heard anything about this? I didn't get a letter but like I said, I don't have any other families on assistance except for the one foster parent.
Michelle 02:49 PM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I heard about all of that. I got a letter from my local Resource & Referral office that also handles subsidy programs for families and it said that my foster parent will no longer get subsidy help because their project is completely shutting down. How are your foster kids being affected?

I don't have any other subsidy families except for that one foster parent but I have a DCM that applied for help about a month ago (I have been telling her to apply for over a year ) and apparently she got two letters the same day. The first one she opened said that she was approved and qualified and was now on the waitlist and then she opened the second letter and that one said that due to the new budget and recent budget cuts the entire program was being cut . Have you heard anything about this? I didn't get a letter but like I said, I don't have any other families on assistance except for the one foster parent.
I know that they are eliminating a lot of low income parents.
you have to be very low income to qualify.
as far as the foster care, I think we talked about this before. I think your foster parent has kinship? I'm not sure about that one.
But they are taking away from the neediest. such as metal health care for foster care kids is being drastically reduced. Adult services for the disabled, adult day cares, calworks parents that are trying so hard to make it in life.(not the ones using the system,) the ones that have held jobs for 2 years now have to quit because they have no child care.
I can go on and on.
It's just so sad they don't care.
I would love to see these people live in low income housing, ride public buses,try to buy food on minimum wage and pay for childcare all on one minimum wage income.
MarinaVanessa 03:15 PM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
It's just so sad they don't care.
Apparently they want people to underacheive and stay on welfare and do nothing instead of working and trying to get off of assistance.
Michelle 03:20 PM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Apparently they want people to underacheive and stay on welfare and do nothing instead of working and trying to get off of assistance.
yep , we are calling it the work to welfare program
instead of the once popular "welfare to work program"
Tags:bad economy, california, state budget
Reply Up