Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Warning! Spiritual In Nature!
blessedmess8 09:25 AM 09-13-2011
So... I have a DCB who has been making my life miserable. Many of you have responded to posts and much of the advice (from friends and family as well!) has beento term him. I was afraid I'd have to, but I have been praying about it and God was just letting me know that's not what he wanted from me... At least not yet. (That is not to say you should never term a child!) Some of you won't understand what I am about to write, but some will! I have prayed for God to give me HIS love a patience with this child because my own was gone! And, I've prayed for him to make things better if it was His will that I keep this particular DCB in my care.
Well, Friday I was ready to absolutely throw in the towel! It was a BAD day. But, I did a lot of thinking, praying, researching over the weekend and decided to start the CIO method and eat, activity, sleep cycle with him. It is working!!!! Yesterday he took a morning nap and then slept from 1:15pm to 4:45! (He was not sleeping well at all!) Today he already had a 2.5 hour nap. I woke him upn actually, for fear he wouldn't sleep at all this afternoon. He's been a different kid the last two days! He doesn't scream every time I leave the room; he's happier. I feel like my old self again!!! I'm happier and liking my job for the first time in months. I know we could still havee bad days here and there, but I just have to give praise to God for giving me the strength to endure this trial and for answering my prayers for this baby and his family! And I also have to praise this forum! I've gotten some very solid advice (even from those telling me to term, because I know that is the solution at times) and some great ideas. And more than anything, a good "I've been there!" From those of you who have! Sometimes this is a lonely businessa with no adults to talk to and not many people who "understand" what you are going through! I sure appreciate all of you!
Meeko 09:45 AM 09-13-2011
Originally Posted by blessedmess8:
So... I have a DCB who has been making my life miserable. Many of you have responded to posts and much of the advice (from friends and family as well!) has beento term him. I was afraid I'd have to, but I have been praying about it and God was just letting me know that's not what he wanted from me... At least not yet. (That is not to say you should never term a child!) Some of you won't understand what I am about to write, but some will! I have prayed for God to give me HIS love a patience with this child because my own was gone! And, I've prayed for him to make things better if it was His will that I keep this particular DCB in my care.
Well, Friday I was ready to absolutely throw in the towel! It was a BAD day. But, I did a lot of thinking, praying, researching over the weekend and decided to start the CIO method and eat, activity, sleep cycle with him. It is working!!!! Yesterday he took a morning nap and then slept from 1:15pm to 4:45! (He was not sleeping well at all!) Today he already had a 2.5 hour nap. I woke him upn actually, for fear he wouldn't sleep at all this afternoon. He's been a different kid the last two days! He doesn't scream every time I leave the room; he's happier. I feel like my old self again!!! I'm happier and liking my job for the first time in months. I know we could still havee bad days here and there, but I just have to give praise to God for giving me the strength to endure this trial and for answering my prayers for this baby and his family! And I also have to praise this forum! I've gotten some very solid advice (even from those telling me to term, because I know that is the solution at times) and some great ideas. And more than anything, a good "I've been there!" From those of you who have! Sometimes this is a lonely businessa with no adults to talk to and not many people who "understand" what you are going through! I sure appreciate all of you!
Faith can move mountains!
blessedmess8 09:49 AM 09-13-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
OMG! You just gave me goose bumps b/c I was in tears listening to a song about "the mountain before me" when I decided to write this!
daycare 09:50 AM 09-13-2011
I do have a different faith than you, but I do belive in faith and the power of it. I am so happy to hear that you have found a way to work with this child.

I hope that everything continues to move in a positive direction for you and for him.... Great job...
Sunshine44 09:54 AM 09-13-2011
I am SO glad to hear this! I really do understand what you are saying and I needed to read your post...today in particular. I need to do more praying, specifically in terms of my daycare. Thank you! You helped put things back into perspective for me.

I hope he continues on the road he's on and everything works out for you and the kids!!
Christian Mother 09:55 AM 09-13-2011
What a wonderful post to read!! Very uplifting!! Terming isn't always the answer specially when we want to work through it.

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=KDGZYLNX

I don't know how to post links on here...but this is one of my favorite songs from Chris Tomlin...ALL MY FOUNTAINS

The kids and I love to dance and sing to this song!! God Bless you honey and may you find peace in God's Children!!
laundrymom 10:00 AM 09-13-2011
Mustard seed/ move mountain! Wink. :-)
beachgrl 10:27 AM 09-13-2011
That is wonderful and a blessing to you and your faith for seeing it through, it's greatnwhen you can turn it over to God and letnhim work in things in your life..hope it continues in a positive way for u!
Country Kids 10:35 AM 09-13-2011
I have a dear relative who is a school teacher. I know at one time, it may still be happening, everyday before leaving for work each child was prayed for. I'm sure it took awhile but it was done through dedication and devote believe. I know lately I've been lax in things and its starting to show!!!! Your post just reafirms that I need to start doing what I believe in and quit letting life and work get in the way.
PitterPatter 10:52 AM 09-13-2011
Wow congrats to you!! I hope and pray it continues to go well for you!

I guess I am not praying hard enough for my daycare problems. Then again I am partially to blame for not having a solid backbone. Glad it's working for you.

Have a great week!
SandeeAR 10:53 AM 09-13-2011
I needed to hear that today. My faith has been lacking recently, due to a LOT of issues happing that hurt us financially. Glad it has helped you out.
momofsix 10:59 AM 09-13-2011
Glad you listened to what He was "telling" you. He is faithful to do what he says!
And thanks for shariing!
mom2many 11:26 AM 09-13-2011
Thanks for posting! It's encouraging to see God work and help us find solutions to every day problems and circumstances. That is AWESOME that he has been able to nap...lack of sleep is so often the culprit for an unhappy and fussy child. I bet everyone is so much happier!
Blessings to you!!!
MommyMuffin 12:28 PM 09-13-2011
I just wrote a post about some of the same issues. I cant believe that I forgot to pray about it. I think that is awesome about what has happened.

Thanks for reminding me to pray. I will listen to what God tells me to do with my 2 dcks. I am about to term because I dont know if I can handle them 1 more day. I will pray.
Preschool/daycare teacher 05:55 PM 09-13-2011
Thank you for sharing! We have a little girl we are praying for daily. There have been some major issues, and they just aren't like her, so we can't even think about terming (I've gone to bed almost in tears because I can't imagine us having to term her, but yet not seeing any other way around it). But with the daily prayers, we are seeing a difference.
I am always so excited to see another Christian provider! May I ask which denomination you are? Do you run a Christian program (like do you advertise as such and all)? We have worship every morning, a daily Bible story or devotional, and prayer. The children are even learning how to pray for each other when they get hurt! Then they go home and pray for their parents or grandparents when they have something going on, and in a way, these children are being a witness to their families. Some of the moms come to us asking what some Bible song is, saying their child was singing it at home, but they'd never heard it before (most of our families are not Christians). There's nothing better or more rewarding in this line of work! There's times the children even remind us to pray! For example, a few months ago, a 3 yr old fell of her swing. She was crying and I was making sure she was okay and all. Another child (who does not come from a church going family) walked over to see what happened, so I told him she fell off the swing, and he very matter of factly said, "well, pray for her". Then he prayed for her with me, and they both ran off to play
Sorry, wasn't trying to hijack. Just got so excited to find another provider who cares about these types of things!
blessedmess8 06:50 PM 09-13-2011
I do advertise as a Christian home daycare. I don't teach any "denomination." They are so young, we just cover the basics. I have a bible story worked in to my lesson plans weekly and a devotional. We pray before meals and before nap and we sing songs and talk about Jesus. IMO, this is my ministry. It isn't viewed as super important but I know in God's eyes what I do every day means SO much to Him and I couldn't imagine not incorporating him in to our days. All my parents love it! Of course, they know up front what I am about.
I'm thankful for all the uplifting words and encouragement! I was afraid of getting "slammed." But, even daycare (of a dif faith) was encouraging! I think it is important to make God "real" to kids. To let them know that He is interested in our daily lives and truly wants to be included and "walk" with us!
mom2many 07:03 PM 09-13-2011
Originally Posted by blessedmess8:
I do advertise as a Christian home daycare. I don't teach any "denomination." They are so young, we just cover the basics. I have a bible story worked in to my lesson plans weekly and a devotional. We pray before meals and before nap and we sing songs and talk about Jesus. IMO, this is my ministry. It isn't viewed as super important but I know in God's eyes what I do every day means SO much to Him and I couldn't imagine not incorporating him in to our days. All my parents love it! Of course, they know up front what I am about.
I'm thankful for all the uplifting words and encouragement! I was afraid of getting "slammed." But, even daycare (of a dif faith) was encouraging! I think it is important to make God "real" to kids. To let them know that He is interested in our daily lives and truly wants to be included and "walk" with us!
I so agree with you and praise you for your post! In this day and age, it isn't always popular or politically correct and I'm thankful that you did. It made me realize that I am not alone!
Unregistered 08:06 PM 09-13-2011
She. He/She. El. God. God is not male. Nor female.
blessedmess8 05:45 AM 09-14-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
She. He/She. El. God. God is not male. Nor female.
So very true. But, I use "He" because that's what He is to me = my father.
cheerfuldom 08:06 AM 09-14-2011
glad you found some resolutions. you are right, daycare is a lonely business much of the time and I am glad you have your faith to take you through those tough days. i know when i started, i NEVER would have thought it would be this hard! Going to work outside the home was a breeze compared to this.
sahm2three 08:38 AM 09-14-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
Love it!
Tags:positive, prayer
Reply Up