Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yeah 15 More Days
Unregistered 06:49 AM 05-15-2012
I just counted. I only have 15 more days of my SA child. I never bonded with this child and will be more than happy to see the end. I raised my rates, which I know the parents won't pay, giving us both a graceful way to end things.

I know I and my other kids will be a lot happier without this particular child.

(I know it's terrible to feel this way and I do feel guilty, but I've given up on trying to reach this child.)
Blackcat31 06:53 AM 05-15-2012
LOL!! I read the title of your thread and thought to myself.."Wow, she is counting down just like me..."

I have 15 days to go and my screamer baby (whom I do love dearly) will be gone for the summer. I honestly love this little guy, especially when he is not screaming but he is really just a high maintenance baby and I am really looking forward to the break from him this summer.

I am also praying he comes back a different kid in the fall. I don't care if he has a new basket of issues, just so long as he isn't screaming anymore.

In your case, it sounds like you are setting yourself free and REALLY looking forward to day 16 and beyond!!

Hang in there.....I'll be counting down with you!
momma2girls 10:18 AM 05-15-2012
I am counting down also!! WOO HOO!!!!!
MissK 10:38 AM 05-15-2012
Originally Posted by momma2girls:
I am counting down also!! WOO HOO!!!!!

I don't have a calendar handy (and I have no idea how to work this mac computer I'm on... ) what date are we counting down to? I might have something great happening that day - or maybe I'll create something to count down to
momma2girls 10:45 AM 05-15-2012
I provide childcare for teacher's children only, so I have 14 more days and counting left, til Summer break!!!!
AfterSchoolMom 10:51 AM 05-15-2012
Congrats! I was in your place this time last year - I had two that I couldn't WAIT to see the last of. SA's can be challenging!

I only have 15 more days until I'm on break for the summer too...but while I'm happy about the break, I'm sad to lose the best baby and family that I've ever cared for.
sharlan 12:41 PM 05-15-2012
The last day of school for many of us.
Tags:bad fit, terminate
Reply Up