Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Total Vent
Lucy 10:08 AM 04-04-2013
This is just therapy for me. You don't even have to read it!

This DC Mom knows that every Thursday I leave about 9:05 to go 2 miles to get my mom, then 1.5 miles back towards my house to drop her off at her hair appointment, then back home, and I'm home by 9:30. She's been pretty good so far about bringing her 4 yr old by 9:00.

This morning I get a text saying that her daughter was still asleep and she'd bring her "closer" to 9:30. I just replied OK. I wasn't sure if she remembered what day it was, but figured if they come and I'm gone, they can just sit in the car and wait. She starts work at 9:30, but none of this is MY problem.

9:08 I'm loading 2 kids in the car to go, and I see in my peripheral that the mom is coming down the street. I quickly get in the driver's seat and start to back out. I move about 3 feet, and she honks LOUDLY. So I stop, get out and do a motion like - come, but quickly! I hear as she opens the car door that the girl is SCREAM CRYING. (She's a spoiled, coddled Princess). Mom walks over to the car holding the girl and I try to take her to put her in the car. Her arms are so tight around her mom's neck that I can't get her. Mom says she'll put the girl in the car. I tell her ok but I need to HURRY.

I go around to the driver's seat and get in and the mom proceeds to talk to the girl and tell her if she's good, she'll come get her at lunch time. (GREAT, reward the bratty behavior). She finally leaves and we're on our way.

The girl whimpers for a bit, but then starts happily talking to the other 2 girls in the van. She does this all the time - puts on a show for mom to get sympathy and rewards. (AKA bribes)

About 9:40, mom texts and says, "Is she ok now? I feel so bad leaving her like that". Um.... really??? Not "did your mom make it to her appointment on time" "I'm so sorry we slowed you down this morning" or something like that. It was only a concern for Princess' feelings.

You know what I texted back? "We made it with one minute to spare"

Yep, that was my answer to her question about whether Princess was feeling better. Take that!!

#Can'tAffordToTermButWouldGiveMyLeftArmTo
Blackcat31 10:30 AM 04-04-2013
Originally Posted by Lucy:

You know what I texted back? "We made it with one minute to spare"

Yep, that was my answer to her question about whether Princess was feeling better. Take that!!
LOVE it!

I would have been tempted to simply say "Of course she is fine. Why wouldn't she be? She never behaves for me the way she does for you"

the hash tag!!
MyAngels 11:09 AM 04-04-2013

We need our own set of hash tags

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
LOVE it!

I would have been tempted to simply say "Of course she is fine. Why wouldn't she be? She never behaves for me the way she does for you"

the hash tag!!

Lucy 11:14 AM 04-04-2013
To top it off, her response back was "I'll pick her up at noon for lunch". Still no apology for causing me added stress this morning.

I'm not a violent person and I don't yell at people, but sometimes I have fantasies of just going off on someone!!!
mema 11:26 AM 04-04-2013
Love this! I have one too except myine would say left and right arm-possibly even both legs!
crazydaycarelady 11:31 AM 04-04-2013
Whenever I get one of those texts I reply with something like "Yes, once you left the show was over" or I send them a picture text 30 seconds later of the kid who is now fine!
crazydaycarelady 11:33 AM 04-04-2013
I also put a kid in time-out for that behavior and tell them they have to sit in time-out until they can act like a 4yo or whatever age. Trying to discourage the behavior the next day.
Starburst 11:42 AM 04-04-2013
I would put in your contract (if you don't already) that on Thursdays you leave the house at 9:05 am to run a quick errand and children who need care around this time must arrive at 9:00 am because once you get in the car you will NOT stop for anyone in the driveway and that if they arrive when you pull out the parents must wait until you come back at 9:30. I think there was a similar post like this a few months back- she had to take her son to school everyday at a certain time.
Tags:terminate, venting
Reply Up